Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » What is the best way to spread the word that a company is run by thieves?

What is the best way to spread the word that a company is run by thieves?

The company is Slingtv. I set up my subscription to pause for three months before my last month was over. They charged me for another month anyway. I went to chat with them and they told me they could not refund my money. They really meant they would not refund my money because they could refund my money if they were decent people and not thieves. I have email proof that I paused my subscription before my last month was up. Anyway they  just lost me as a customer forever because of their theft. There is too much competition in the streaming market for a streaming service to treat their customers lime this.

Posted - April 21, 2019

Responses

The best way is to come on to Answer Mug and tell us.  We have the most influence of any media operation in the world.
      April 21, 2019 1:38 PM MDT

• get a billboard 
      April 21, 2019 1:46 PM MDT

Gee, they will fit right in there with Time Warner and Direct TV.
      April 21, 2019 1:55 PM MDT

All the cable companies are thieves.  I took my package down to the lowest possible cost because I got tired of their constant increases in cost without better programming.  I also discovered that of all the cable stations I had, there were only two programs that I watched and then one of them was not renewed and the other was on it's last season.  I couldn't see paying all that money.  Now I get regular over-the-air programs plus a couple of cable channels and some "on demand."  Cut my bill from $105 a month to $55 a month.
      April 21, 2019 2:35 PM MDT

Yeah, i hear you
    ...Some time ago
    I tore ligaments in leg
    and had to quit for awhile
    my Martial Arts black belt classes.
    Everyone in class heard a loud pop
    and the instructor said I had broken a bone.
    I got to class on a bicycle, and there was no offer
    to help me get to a hospital. 
         After the hospital visit, told the instructor
    I had to heal and would be back after healing.
    He said I still had to pay each month even if I couldn't 
    attend class. I didn't. He sent his lawyer after me
    demanding payment. I threatened I would sue him
    and they dropped the lawsuit.
         Obviously never went back, but sometimes
    you have to stick up for your rights. When there is injustice.
      April 21, 2019 7:52 PM MDT

I was just going to tell her to talk to you and here you are.  
      April 21, 2019 9:21 PM MDT

Turn it as an unauthorized charge to your card or bank. If you have the proof of the pause, they should be able to get your money back.
      April 22, 2019 6:26 PM MDT

They said they could not refund my money because they are a prepaid service. Why does that mean they can not refund my money?
      April 22, 2019 9:28 PM MDT