Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » If you believe in God have you ever thought it might be a idea to make a usefu kind of suggestion for Him?

If you believe in God have you ever thought it might be a idea to make a usefu kind of suggestion for Him?

Dear God Great Creator of All things..  for the purpose of helping to relieve pain and suffering for humans and all species would You be so kind and merciful to create a gland in our bodies that would secrete a substance to relieve extreme pains? Thank-you amen.

If God would answer prayers for once I would actually begin to believe in him.

Buddha tried prayer for some time to try help those who were suffering but to no avail so then he wisely determined that a creator God probably does not exist. 

Posted - April 23, 2019

Responses

I agree. 
      April 23, 2019 7:31 AM MDT

A suggestion, no. But I do have a few questions.
      April 23, 2019 7:13 AM MDT

Absolutely---me too.

April 23, 2019 7:14 AM MDT

I would never be so presumptuous and arrogant as to try and tell God how to do such business.  And although it may be traditional to refer to God as masculine really God transcends such narrow gender thinking.  So would be as appropriate to refer to God as "she" or even "he/she". 

Anyway we have such created mechanisms to some extent built into us. 

Purpose of prayer is not to get God to grant us favors (though nothing wring in asking for them!) but rather for us to better get to know God. 
      April 23, 2019 7:37 AM MDT

CS Lewis remarked that male and female are biological life's participation in that greater polarity in the universe of masculine and feminine (and) it was not for nothing that the Romans referred to their ships as "she."

As the formal cause of all that exists, God possesses every perfection in its entirety that we see manifested in creation---including gender.
      April 23, 2019 7:45 AM MDT

Ships are "she" because they're expensive and unpredictable ...
      August 17, 2019 8:57 PM MDT

I think I am getting know God better after stepping aside of belief and continue to question existence of a supernatural creator than just blind acceptance. 

Some of the ancient gods were identified as female but I agree God should be non-gender.
      April 23, 2019 7:55 AM MDT

"Stepping aside" is sometimes necessary to evaluate new understandings gained.
      April 23, 2019 10:09 AM MDT

Anger is one of the 5 steps of grief as outlined by Dr. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross (July 8, 1926 – August 24, 2004), a Swiss-American psychiatrist.

Her comment about anger at God because He called a loved one home was to feel free to be angry with Him---She was sure that God was quite capable of handling any anger directed at Himself.

You say, "Purpose of prayer is not to get God to grant us favors."---Well, OK, but that's not a bad start; and I have found that God becomes immediately present in some way when people pray.

After all, He is constantly seeking our attention, and I find Him always responsive in some way when I seek Him for any reason. 

April 23, 2019 10:07 AM MDT

Pain is a message: "get your hand off that stove".
      April 23, 2019 7:43 AM MDT

Yes---God is nothing if not a great communicator.
      April 23, 2019 7:45 AM MDT

• let me show you all to the suggestion box 
      April 23, 2019 10:56 AM MDT

I suffer pain, and that led me to a journey inwardly, what else can you do?

What's interesting about the bible story is that before the serpent everything God had made was good and he blessed it.  All animals were given herbs to eat, and God walked with man.

The nachash (shining one, enchanter) offered Eve a fruit which means seed, of the knowledge of Good and Evil so she could become like God.  Hence, when she eats this she changes, first off they notice that they are naked and they are unlike before, ashamed of their nakedness.  God calls to them in the Garden "Where art thou?" Now does God not know where they are? Or is he asking something else "Where are you?"

Bearing this in mind, here is a Buddhist story..

The Master was once asked by his disciple,

"What is the Buddha?"

He replied "The mind is the Buddha."

Another day, when asked the same question he said
    "No mind. No Buddha."

The disciple was confused
    "But the other day you said, the Buddha."

Said the Master,
    "That was to stop the baby crying. When the baby stops crying, I say, "No mind. No Buddha."

Buddha said this...

“If we examine the origin of anything in all the universe, we find that it is but a manifestation of some primal essence. Even the tiny leaves of herbs, knots of threads, everything, if we examine them carefully we find that there is some essence in its originality. Even open space is not nothingness. How can it be then that the wonderful, pure, tranquil and enlightened Mind, which is the source of all conceptions of manifested phenomena, should have no essence of itself?”

“The Essential Intuitive Mind [possesses] its own mysterious Enlightening Nature, and … the attainment to this Essential Intuitive Mind unveils this mysterious Enlightening Nature.”

“Monks, there is a not-born, a not-become, a not-made, a not-compounded. Monks, if that unborn, not-become, not-made, not-compounded were not, there would be apparent no escape from this, here, that is born, become, made, compounded.”

This post was edited by kjames at April 25, 2019 2:28 AM MDT
      April 24, 2019 5:41 AM MDT

Makes you wonder why he made the serpent so bad.
      August 17, 2019 7:13 PM MDT

The serpent (shining one, enchanter), was not made bad, but it's good to blame right?   :)

August 20, 2019 6:04 AM MDT