Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » We KNOW how much space a heart requires or a brain. They are physically viewable. How much space does the soul require? How do you know?

We KNOW how much space a heart requires or a brain. They are physically viewable. How much space does the soul require? How do you know?

Posted - April 23, 2019

Responses

Space is that arrangement that matter makes into which to spread its parts.

The soul is not composed of matter.

Therefore, it requires no "space" in the 3 dimensions we are familiar with (and in which we can move about freely at will---unlike the 4th dimension of "time.") 
      April 23, 2019 7:21 AM MDT

Where is located though? It may not take up space in the usual sense but if it exists in any form it has a location does it? Where is that location? Near the heart? Near the brain? Near the liver? Thank you for your reply tom  and Happy Tuesday! :)
      April 23, 2019 7:34 AM MDT

As a "principle of being" I would think it to be "co-extensive" with whatever "body" in whatever plane of existence it provides such animation.

(The use of the world "location" still involves the concept of a "space" unoccupied by a second "thing."  We're dealing with a concept rather than a word that can be easily defined.)
      April 24, 2019 10:17 AM MDT

Far as I am able to determine the whole "soul" business is a sentimental figment of imagination for many people so would say no space at all.  Have been hearing people talk about "souls" all my life and either I have never been sufficiently intelligent to understand all that business  or sufficiently imaginative enough to conceive of any such thing.  So means nothing to me and not sure why people like to bandy it about. This post was edited by officegirl at April 23, 2019 8:11 AM MDT
      April 23, 2019 7:27 AM MDT

insufficiently or sufficiently?
      April 23, 2019 7:30 AM MDT

Thank you for pointing that out and I have edited. 
      April 23, 2019 8:11 AM MDT

That might have been my mistake.  (I tend to only read for contentatives when I am in a hurry.) I read it as your saying you were not smart enough or imaginative enough to deal with the concept---And I wouldn't agree with you that you weren't.  
      April 24, 2019 10:21 AM MDT

You are not connected to your soul then?  Try this experiment.  

Try shutting down all thought.  You can do it.  It is not hard. Just think between the words that come to mind until you have a view of something else.  Now just observe.  That watcher is your higher consciousness and the window to your soul.  You should visit there a lot more often.  

It will change you.  It cannot do anything but change you.  
      April 24, 2019 10:30 AM MDT

The soul is not a physical part of our existance...it requires no space. 
      April 23, 2019 7:38 AM MDT

Yes. No time, no space, no thing.  And to be aware of it is everything.  
      April 24, 2019 10:31 AM MDT

The faculties of the soul are the intellect and the free will.  It's hard NOT to be aware of my soul since I use its faculties every day.

Actually, I am constantly aware that I possess my being in parts---it is a great limitation. This post was edited by tom jackson at April 24, 2019 10:37 AM MDT
      April 24, 2019 10:35 AM MDT

Read my answer.  It answers you as well.  
      April 24, 2019 10:41 AM MDT

I didn't ask you anything.

Rosie asked "How do you know" (how much space the soul requires)?

She didn't ask how we know that the soul exists.

This post was edited by tom jackson at April 24, 2019 11:38 AM MDT
      April 24, 2019 11:33 AM MDT

How do I know?  How do I know that the soul exists?  

How can I prove it?  I can.  I proved it to myself and there is NO way to prove it to anyone else.  They must reach that window themselves.  

It is like my explaining a color you have never seen before.  You have to see it yourself.  If I explained red to you without showing you or your ever having seen it?  The same thing.

I can tell you what to do to see it.  I can do that. But you have to do the exercise.  And we Americans are impatient and want the immediate answer.  You need to meditate.  You need to slow your mind down to where you can think without language interfering.  You need to stop the thoughts and when they happen, wave them away and focus on no thing at all. When you do, you will witness.  You will be aware.  And you will know that this consciousness is YOU and ME and ALL OF US.  We are all one and we are all soul.  I'm not even sure if there is an individual soul at the highest level.  The lower down the spiritual ladder you descend, the more separation occurs.  

So, we are talking about a concept that most people are totally unaware of and that the Ancient people of the world were TOTALLY aware of.  We are in a state of DIS-EASE mentally right now, because we believe our mind is the only reality.  And the mind is nothing.  It is something that needs to be controlled.  It is something that needs to not take over our real awareness.  

It is blocking our true selves and it wants attention 24/7.  To pay attention continuously to our thoughts, makes us Trump-like in our assessments. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 25, 2019 9:42 PM MDT
      April 24, 2019 10:38 AM MDT

Are you suggesting that each of us participates in the existence of some sort of collective soul?

And who are the people that believe (and who told them that) "our mind is the only reality?"

Come back, girl.
      April 24, 2019 11:36 AM MDT