Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allegedly FAUX NEWS sez "there is a war on white men in this country". Well d'ya agree/dis? Why?

Allegedly FAUX NEWS sez "there is a war on white men in this country". Well d'ya agree/dis? Why?

Posted - April 23, 2019

Responses

I guess "old" white men to read what you and others have posted on this site.  Don't have a very good opinion of older white men I guess.  I know of one bank here in MA which put a freeze on hiring any white men over 40, and fired several.  The CEO (a white man) got up at the Annual Meeting and declared he did not like older white men.  Rumor has it he will run for governor.

And I know of some who have resigned from their jobs as a result of negative vibes. Most are very philosophical about it and have done well enough they will be able survive on what they have put by.  But there is a certain bitterness.

For a number of years decent employees of color have been a hot commodity.  Much sought after by mostly white businesses.   But difficult to find any qualified or even interested enough and those who are mostly don't stay around very long as they are snapped up for better-paying positions with other companies. 
      April 23, 2019 8:07 AM MDT

I didn't think this until even YOU started in on poor Bernie just because he is old and white. 

I still don't know why you don't trust poor Bern.
      April 23, 2019 12:25 PM MDT

I don't like him Sharon. I never did. He is too angry and strident and loud. Compare him to Barack Obama. Calm quiet presidential. I do not see Bernie as presidential. I never did. So sue me. You know we like whom we like and we dislike whom we dislike for various and sundry reasons. You wonder why anyone likes Dondonjohn and so do I. Well Bernie is the same dam* thing for me. Unlikable but for different reasons. I much prefer a JFK asking "do not ask what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country". He was inspirational. So was President Obama. I prefer low-key calm quiet. Eloquent. Elegant. Poor Bern? Really? He has zillions of folks exactly like you who see in him what I don't. There is nothing remotely"poor" about him. He may be the Dem candidate though isn't he an independent?  Anyway why do YOU like those you like and dislike those you don't? Did I answer your implied question? I DON'T LIKE BERNIE SANDERS. NEVER DID. NEVER WILL. Now if he is my only choice I will hold my nose and vote for him  because I ALWAYS vote. But my heart will not be in it. When President Obama won I cried. Tears of joy and pride in my country. That  will never happen again in my lifetime probably. Enough. Thank you for your reply. I'm gonna ask. This post was edited by RosieG at April 24, 2019 3:51 AM MDT
      April 24, 2019 3:48 AM MDT