Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A Ukranian TV COMIC had a landslide win in the election for President. What TV comic would you like to replace the current prez?

A Ukranian TV COMIC had a landslide win in the election for President. What TV comic would you like to replace the current prez?

The current TV comic prez ain't funny at all. He makes people cry or laugh hysterically from panic. Not good.

Posted - April 23, 2019

Responses

One funny thing about the Ukranian election ... according to a reporter interviewed on NPR on Friday, the polling showed the incumbent winning by a landslide.  But the challenger won 75% of the vote.  Makes you wonder if the people just wanted to mess with the pollsters, or were too afraid of the incumbent retaliating against them.

I can't think of any TV comic I'd vote for.  I just don't know their politics well enough, because you can't depend on their acts (which are designed to entertain the greatest number of people) to show what their politics really are.
      April 23, 2019 9:01 AM MDT

I'm gonna cheat. I pick WILL ROGERS. Long before TV . As for any who were on TV. I like MORK. Robin Williams. But anyone would do a better job. Close your eyes...pin the tail on the donkey...it would be a better jacka** then the one there now. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      April 23, 2019 12:56 PM MDT

I dunno about Robin Williams ... he seemed like a normal guy, but now we know he suffered severe depression.
    I don't think that he'd be able to handle the job without a mental collapse.
      April 23, 2019 1:23 PM MDT

Whoopi Goldburg. Cheers!
      April 23, 2019 9:08 AM MDT

Great Choice Nanoose! I always liked her. Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 23, 2019 12:57 PM MDT

• I bet if George Carlin was still alive .. he'd get a ton of votes!  :)
      April 23, 2019 9:17 AM MDT

I bet you're right B! His ghost would do a far better job than the jacka** clown there now. SIGH. In another universe perhaps. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee Mrs.C !  :)
      April 23, 2019 12:58 PM MDT

AL FRANKEN.  HE WAS TERRIFIC AND LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO HIM?  HE WAS TOO POWERFUL.  THEY HAD TO TAKE HIM DOWN.

Do you know who the funniest comics are?  The so-called "NEWSCASTERS" on FOX.

And I don't want any of those jokers to even BE on TV much less running the country.

This kind of nutty thinking is the reason TRUMP was elected in the first place.

No comedienne is worthy of running for President.  I know that they all sound brilliant on stage giving their take on the current events and putting a funny spin.  But they are NOT presidential material. 

I don't know enough about Jon Stewart or Steven Colbert to back them for office, but they at least, are people of conscience and would know who to hire or fire to do a capable job.  But....they are not going to fly over to Russia and debate with Putin or Kim Jong Un.  They are not cut out for that.  AND NEITHER IS TRUMP.  And anyone could do a better job (even just SHUTTING UP) than TRUMP at ANY THING.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 23, 2019 7:30 PM MDT
      April 23, 2019 11:52 AM MDT

Al Franken is a brilliant choice Sharon.  Thank you for your thorough evaluation. I appreciate  it! I think Lucille Ball for prez and Carol Burnett for vice could be quite a trip! :) it.                                                                                                                                                                                               
      April 23, 2019 1:00 PM MDT

Tim Conway. (Dorf for president?)
      April 23, 2019 2:44 PM MDT

That could work too! Tim was the one who was always breaking Carol up as well as the other cast members. It was effortless for him. In fact  I just of thought another question I'm gonna ask Shuhak. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      April 24, 2019 2:25 AM MDT

Not to replace but for later on...Tim Allen.
      April 23, 2019 7:04 PM MDT

I've always liked Tim Allen. Loved the show where he was "Tim the tool man". Haven't really caught him in any other shows after that one although I know he made some. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Wednesday to thee.
      April 24, 2019 2:26 AM MDT

You should check out Last Man Standing on Friday evenings on Fox (used to be on ABC)
      April 24, 2019 6:07 AM MDT

Judy Tenuta!!!!

YeSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

To me, she, in some ways, in her act, reminds me of how President Trump behaves  -- but, unlike him, she is an intentional comedian, her act is funny to me and she is funny to me.

:)

April 23, 2019 7:28 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply WQ and the video. I have heard of her but I do not recall ever seeing her or hearing her act before. Happy Wednesday to you m'dear! :)
      April 24, 2019 2:28 AM MDT

Oh - - and I even once had a yard sign made for my yard during a presidential election :

"President -  Atticus Finch

Vice-President - Edith Bunker"

(neither are comedians, but I am fascinated and inspired by these two fictional characters and I sort of think the two of them together would be a good team)
      April 23, 2019 7:32 PM MDT

"To Kill a Mockingbir"d and" All in the Family?" Wow that is a stretch m'dear but opposites do attract. But now that I think about it they both had/have hearts of gold and cared about people so maybe it isn't such a stretch at all. I'm gonna ponder on it some more. Thank you for your double reply. I'm honored! :)
      April 24, 2019 2:31 AM MDT

Your thoughts you shared here about Atticus and Edith are right along the same lines I think about them -- and, in their own individual and different ways, they're both incredibly "people-smart" to me -- and both full of love.

And you're welcome.
      April 24, 2019 6:59 AM MDT

I hadn't ever thought about that before I read your thoughts on the subject WQ. The more I think about the more I can see a very long and loving life they would share. He being charmed by her genuineness and honesty and sweet temperament and she being charmed by his gentleness and caring and modesty in his brilliance. Yep. I do see it! Thank you for your reply WQ! :)
      April 24, 2019 7:06 AM MDT

April 24, 2019 10:22 AM MDT

Alec Baldwin. Nobody would notice, he does Trump better than Trump does.
      April 24, 2019 6:21 AM MDT

Oh Geez how true that is! I think Alec Baldwin gives a BRILLIANT performance when he becomes Dondonjohn. Now if Alec WERE the Don I'd like him a whole lot better because he is a whole lot funnier and funny is my cuppa tea. Yep!
     Alec it is! I think maybe folks might notice because the Alex version is a lot more likable. They'd wonder why the heck they kinda like the guy and it would be that it was really Alec they liked! Thank you for your reply R! :)
      April 24, 2019 7:03 AM MDT