Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Evangelicals support Trump demonstrate they 'love sinner but hate the sin'. When Trump term (s) end you think they will vote Buttigieg..

Evangelicals support Trump demonstrate they 'love sinner but hate the sin'. When Trump term (s) end you think they will vote Buttigieg..

To continue show love for the sinner but hate the sin even if his greatest sin is being Democrat?

Posted - April 23, 2019

Responses

Not sure I understand this.  Being a Democrat, whether past or present, would not be a sin. And certainly there is no human who is without sin. We endeavor to love people regardless of their sin.  Because we are sinners ourselves. 
      April 23, 2019 9:36 AM MDT

I agree---but I would not necessarily predicate that of "Republican."
      April 23, 2019 9:38 AM MDT

Well I mean just sort of harmless kind of 'sinners' not evil sinners. 
      April 23, 2019 10:03 AM MDT

For a Protestant evangelical there are no "degrees" of sin.  We are sinners all of us. 
      April 23, 2019 10:09 AM MDT

So does a Protestant evangelical equate an act of murder to the student who says the cat urinated on my homework when he didn't?  (Actually, that wasn't a lie, it happened to me many, many years ago.)
      April 23, 2019 10:15 AM MDT

• Being a Democrat is not the greatest transgression, but a significant one just the same. Then again, sin is sin. There is hope of redemption even for those who are haters of Judeo-Christian beliefs and values, striving without ceasing against the same. 
      April 23, 2019 11:30 AM MDT

Being someone who just says things?  That is the biggest transgression of all.  TRUMP the FART who thinks he is GOD?  He thinks as you do.  If you just open your mouth and say stuff, someone of equal intelligence to you will be drawn in by your words.  And if enough of you all gather, we have a MOB.  We don't have a group of coherent, thinking human beings.  We have A MOB.

Lock her UP.  Lock her UP.  Do you want to hear that for four more years?  Or do you want to hear a cohesive plan to UNDO all the mess that Trump has made and is continuing to make with foreign relations, health care, global warming and the like.  

LOCK HER UP is not going to do it.  

That is Trump's gift to the American base.  Just say stuff.
    No one will ever debate you.  That is because no one would bother. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 23, 2019 11:48 AM MDT
      April 23, 2019 11:38 AM MDT

Trump's base is emotionally retarded.

And I am not calling names here.  They seem to think that you can bypass all the inconveniences of loving the sinner.  Like LOCKING HIM UP.

We don't show love to a murderer by letting him run rampant and murder.

I don't care what religion you practice.  

April 23, 2019 11:47 AM MDT

No, because we do not support the same policies Mayor Pete supports. 
      April 23, 2019 12:22 PM MDT

Only TRUMP can get away with being gay if he was.  Then you all would find an excuse.  Otherwise, it is FORBIDDEN.  And you know it.   I don't know if you are Evangelical, I think you are, but not all Evangelicals are Nazis.  But PENCE is.  And Trump's followers?  Most of them ARE.

If you are an Evangelical, you despise the homosexual.  They are not worthy in God's eyes.  Isn't that so? 

Evangelicals Reaffirm Their LGBT Ignorance And Bigotry

08/31/2017 01:27 am ET Updated Sep 01, 2017

In case you missed it in 1946, when the word homosexuality first entered the Bible, or again in 1980, when the first recorded sermon against gay people was delivered, or nearly every weekly sermon somewhere since, evangelical Christians released the Nashville Statement to reaffirm their disdain for LGBT people.

At this point, it seems redundant, if not just mean-spirited, to keep reiterating, in the thinnest of veiled messages that LGBT people are sinners, unloved by God and destined for hell. We get it. We’ve always gotten it. But I don’t believe we are the ones evangelicals are trying to convince.

The reality is that LGBT issues do not simply belong to “those people” outside the Church. Being gay, or lesbian, or transgender is a human condition. It equally impacts Christians and non-Christians alike, Christian and non-Christian families, and Christian and non-Christian ministers. It even shows up in those right-wing “family value” politicians who think putting “religious freedom” laws on the books will somehow stop it from spreading like a virus. And yes, some believe you can catch it by hanging around gay people.

So whom, exactly, are evangelicals trying to convince?

There has been a growing trend toward acceptance of LGBT people over the last several years. For example, Americans opposed gay marriage by 57% in 2001, but by 2017, 62% supported it. Today, two-thirds of Catholics and white, mainline Protestants support it, as well as, 35% of white evangelicals. White evangelical support has risen by 8% just since 2016.

Not surprisingly, regardless of religious affiliation, nearly 75% of millennials, those born after 1980 according to Pew Research, supported same-sex marriage in 2015, and acceptance among all age groups has grown substantially in the last 10 years. Just as views on race have changed in evangelical churches, which not so long ago were vehemently against desegregation, views on LGBT issues are changing, as well.

Evangelicals like to believe Christians are on the forefront of social change, but the historical reality is that they tend to lag decades, or centuries, behind when it comes to science, racial equality, women’s equality, and of course, LGBT acceptance. Most tend to hold a literal and stagnant interpretation of the Bible. Integrating scientific updates and progressive social norms becomes a difficult task when you believe God has already made up His mind in one, final declaration on any single issue.

Author and activist, Kathy Baldock noted, “The initial signers of the Nashville Statement contain no surprises. Their echo chamber demands that they refrain from intellectually engaging what is known about human sexuality and gender from science, biology, [and] psychology. Likewise, their exclusionary theology demands they ignore anthropology, archeology and other earth sciences.

“Christians, it seems, are forced to choose between two alternatives — either choose faith and literal reading of the Bible in intellectual exile, or be intellectually curious and honest and abandon your faith.”

The silver lining in this latest display of arrogant dismissal of LGBT people and their experiences is that there are a growing number of affirming Christian organizations to which LGBT people, parents, and their families are flocking in droves.

The Gay Christian Network has drawn thousands of conference participants year over year since its inception in 2001, and supports LGBT people through support groups, on-line chats, and information.

The Reformation Project, led by author Matthew Vines, is “a Bible-based, Christian grassroots organization that works to promote inclusion of LGBT people by reforming church teaching on sexual orientation and gender identity.” The growing organization draws like-minded pastors and parishioners from many traditionally less-than-accepting denominations.

Brandan Robertson, a gay Christian pastor at Missiongathering Christian Church in San Diego, California is the founder of Nomad Partnerships, “a non-profit working to foster spiritual and social evolution around the world,” according to his website. Robertson’s Christian United Organization created a rebuttal statement to the Nashville Statement and garnered hundreds more signatures than the Nashville Statement at the time of this writing.

The Nashville Statement answers a question no one is asking, which is: What do fundamentalist evangelicals think about LGBT people? It appears they have abandoned reaching the world for Christ and are focused on fortifying their own faltering foundation of self-righteous indignation.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 24, 2019 12:45 AM MDT
      April 24, 2019 12:40 AM MDT

I do not judge anyone...that is not my place. God is the judge. We are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God. 
      April 24, 2019 6:11 AM MDT

You tell them honey!
      April 24, 2019 6:24 AM MDT

Picture it.  

The only one they would vote for if he was gay is TRUMP.  Then it would be okay.   I wish Trump was gay.  He and Lindsey Graham would make an excellent couple. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 24, 2019 12:36 AM MDT
      April 24, 2019 12:35 AM MDT

• There are plenty of hypocritical and judgmental Evangelicals who certainly do not practice that "love the sinner and hate the sin" baloney.  I don't see them embracing any other "sinners" other than their King Donald.  He plays them like a violin and they fall for it.  

April 24, 2019 5:34 AM MDT

no idea
      April 30, 2019 5:58 PM MDT