Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Just had an idea for a computer virus ...

Just had an idea for a computer virus ...

I'll call it the HAL9000 virus.

When someone tries to use any voice-activated program ... whether Alexa, Cortana, Xfinity TV remote, {whatever} ... they get the response: "I'm sorry.  I can't do that."

It's even better if the device recognizes the person talking to it.

Muahahahahahahahahahaha
Now ... how do I find a hacker on the Dark Web?

Posted - April 24, 2019

Responses

Open the pod bay doors, Alexa.
      April 24, 2019 3:37 PM MDT

Or how about a Retrovirus?
    A little strand of RNA to worm its way through the world wide web...
    whenever it meets a troll it recognises the gene, climbs inside, changes the pathological idiot into a saint, and lets him replicate thenceforth to his heart's content.
      April 24, 2019 3:40 PM MDT

When you put it that way.... it's a bit eerie isn't it?
      April 24, 2019 3:41 PM MDT

I think that might actually be an improvement. Here's a few of my latest blunders:
    "Siri, where's the closest coffee shop?" (I'm in Arizona; it routs me to California.)
    "Siri, please give me directions to the nearest Starbucks." (Routs me to Minnesota.) 

"Siri, please give me directions to Papago Park." (Gives a listing of puppy parks.)
    "Siri, tell me how to get to Papago Park." (Gives me directions to a park in Texas.)
    "Siri, I need directions to Pah-Pah-Go Park." (Gives me directions to an airport parking lot.)
    "Siri, what the *!@$% is wrong with you?" (Replies with, "I don't have an opinion on that.")
      April 24, 2019 10:55 PM MDT

Long ago when first fighting the patronising defaults on my portable 'phone, I called the auto-word "feature", the "Unpredictable Texan".  
      April 27, 2019 2:33 PM MDT

I think it's been invented and has infected Bixby (the Samsung app). Although Bixby asked you to repeat yourself a few times before it tells you it can't find the answer to how much is 2+2.
      April 25, 2019 5:44 AM MDT

no virus is a good idea
      April 30, 2019 5:39 PM MDT