Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » What’s your favourite movie with talking animals in it? I’m watching one called “ Over the Hedge” right now. I love it so much.

What’s your favourite movie with talking animals in it? I’m watching one called “ Over the Hedge” right now. I love it so much.

Posted - April 28, 2019

Responses

Is it on Netflix?
      April 28, 2019 11:10 AM MDT

• It is :)
      April 28, 2019 11:16 AM MDT

• Ice Age 
      April 28, 2019 11:10 AM MDT

• Yeah that one is cute...I like the little squirrell in it but I don’t think he talks. 
      April 28, 2019 11:17 AM MDT

Related image
      April 28, 2019 11:22 AM MDT

• I haven’t seen that one...I’ll loook for it, thanks :)
      April 28, 2019 11:26 AM MDT

Yes, go look for it now!
    :)

I highly, highly, highly recommend it. It's not a children's movie at all.
      April 28, 2019 11:39 AM MDT

• I rigged up my fire stick so I can pretty much watch any movie. I’ll look for it  later today :) I’m in cartoon movie mode lately, thanks :)
      April 28, 2019 11:41 AM MDT

How fun!

You're welcome!

"The Plague Dogs" blew me away in wonderful ways! Powerful movie. I bet you'll find it worth your time if you can watch it. if you do, please let me know what you thought of it. 
      April 28, 2019 11:44 AM MDT

• I will for sure :)
      April 28, 2019 11:46 AM MDT

Thanks.
      April 28, 2019 11:53 AM MDT

• I found it!!! Probably watch it later tonight. I’ll let you know if liked it tommorow.
      April 28, 2019 7:12 PM MDT

I hope you enjoy it!
      April 28, 2019 7:25 PM MDT

• Thanks for the recommendation:) I’m sure I will, I like the déscription and those types of movies 
      April 28, 2019 7:27 PM MDT

I love those kinds of movies.  Anyway, the first one that came to mind was an animal that did not speak.  That was Dumbo.  The original.  It is SO heartbreaking that it traumatized me to this day. I watched it when I was a tender age like 8 or something and it was very hard to endure.

Dumbo, was a baby elephant who was sold to a circus.  He was taken from the only life he ever knew, caged and sent away by himself. It was horrid to watch.  They depicted his sorrow perfectly with one tear drop cascading down his pink cheek.  I can still cry for him.

And now the President of the United States wants to win a point by putting small children in cages and they may NEVER find them nor see their parents again.  And President Trump's base is saying that the Democrats are responsible.  

If President Trump wanted to change this disaster he would, but he is doubling down now and making it worse for kids and their families.

Dumbo.  No words are needed.
      April 28, 2019 11:26 AM MDT

• I know I saw dumbo when I was a kid but i don’t remember much about expect he could fly. I thought they did talk though but like I said can’t really remember details. Theres a new dumbo movie now I saw the trailer other day. 
      April 28, 2019 11:28 AM MDT

New Dumbo I hope is not as sad.  That one was so bleak for the first half hour. Kind of like when they shot Bambi's mother.  

I mean that Walt Disney guy was a sadist.  

Some day when I have some FREAKING TIME I will watch all these great cartoons and movies you post.  Sommmme daaaay
      April 28, 2019 12:44 PM MDT

I saw your answer a bit ago and didn't read it all the way through because I've not seen Dumbo. I read up to the part where you said it was heartbreaking. In case I ever watch it, I didn't want to know details. But sometimes, the most innocuous things can get to me, as you know.

For instance, if I did see "Bambi" all the way through ,ever, I don't remember because

PLOT SPOILER!!! Bambi!!!

I only remember the infamous scene where Bambi's mother gets killed. And maybe I've never seen the movie - - just that scene.

April 28, 2019 11:59 AM MDT

The Dumbo one is as sad as the Bambi one.  And Old Yeller?  Don't get me started on that one.  Disney is into killing people emotionally.
      April 28, 2019 12:45 PM MDT

Oh, my YES!! I have only heard about "Old Yeller" -- I avoid that one at all costs! I doubt if I will ever watch that one!
      April 28, 2019 12:53 PM MDT

Your answer had me thinking of another scene, not an animated animals-talking movie - - but I remember this scene in the 1939 "The Wizard of OZ" that terrified me always  -- up to the 2:30 minutes-mark, this is the scene that grabbed me and scared me a lot.

my mind's flying around a bit at the moment -- distracted and not staying-on-topic. This scene has nothing to do with Jaimie's posted question, ha! And has nothing to do with your answer, too! Oh, well.

EDIT: it seems to be an "un-copyable" scene -- maybe I'll try again later, grr

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 28, 2019 1:21 PM MDT
      April 28, 2019 12:05 PM MDT

Welby, that is what we all do on here, start conversations within other conversations.  It's all good.  However, this video of yours did not play.  It says Error Occurred.

Why are there two c's and two r's in occurred. 

Anyway, I'm guessing that the Wizard of Oz thing that scared you to death was the flying monkeys descending.  I am not sure.  You have a different scare taste than I do.  We scare about different things.  

That's my guess.  
      April 28, 2019 12:48 PM MDT

Good guess!
    ;)
    That's a creepy little moment for sure.

(Yeah, this video up here wouldn't play for me, either. I'm glad I got another one that did post, which you saw.)
      April 28, 2019 12:58 PM MDT

I'll try again - - this scene -- up to the 2:12-minutes mark

EDIT: and then immediately after the 2:12 mark, I wasn't scared anymore

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 28, 2019 1:21 PM MDT
      April 28, 2019 12:09 PM MDT