Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » What do you think of these threats by Islamic children in Philadelphia?

What do you think of these threats by Islamic children in Philadelphia?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/video-philadelphia-muslim-society-children

Posted - May 3, 2019

Responses

They are being taught speech that is not protected in this country.  The city of brotherly love needs to take the ball. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at May 3, 2019 7:39 PM MDT
      May 3, 2019 1:03 PM MDT

The children are echoing the sentiments of their parents.  This is what my grandchildren will be contending with on a much larger scale.  Those children are almost adults.  What then?
      May 3, 2019 1:10 PM MDT

You are right.  That is why it should be stopped.  Government has to address this everywhere it's happening.  There is an argument that this indoctrination is abusive on its face.  It's past time for action.  It will be a First Amendment fight but encouraging illegal activity is not protected.

The kids are not just echoing their parents.  They are being indoctrinated in the school. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at May 3, 2019 7:39 PM MDT
      May 3, 2019 1:16 PM MDT

Don't you know that because they are "victims" they don't have to answer to the same laws the rest of us do?
      May 3, 2019 1:43 PM MDT

Exactly, well said!
      May 3, 2019 4:27 PM MDT

cant click on it
      May 3, 2019 4:36 PM MDT

Delusional. Brainwashed.  

Bring your worst, ignorant little twits. You have no clue what we’re capable of. 
      May 3, 2019 6:21 PM MDT

scary
      May 3, 2019 8:14 PM MDT

Complex issue.

Contrary to what it may seem on the surface, it is not about Islam. The people who are attracted to this type of terrorism have been carefully studied by psychologists. Without exception, all have been found to have severe emotional and social problems.

Don't forget that there are people of all faiths who have fundamentalist and extremist subgroups. 
    Violence often begets escalations of violence.

America has enshrined religious freedom and freedom of expression into its constitution.
    There are incredibly difficult philosophical and ethical questions in something like this - mainly about whether the country as a whole accepts that there should be limits to such freedoms, what the the limits are, what the restraints should be, how to educate and control, and how to punish or re-educate transgressors. Also how to decide what to do if the expression is ambiguous or coded.

Personally, I believe that any behaviour that increases hate, prejudice, trolling, violence or harm should be sanctioned and shut down as quickly as possible. I think it would be better for police, teachers, moderate religious leaders and psychologists to help re-educate the radicals, help them become sane and emotionally integrated into society rather than alienated and vulnerable to radicalism.

The social site owners have much to answer for when they let these videos go viral. They can help stop the spread of hate by cutting it off at it's source.

All terrorism should be treated with the same seriousness as a malignant and rampant cancer.

This post was edited by inky at June 13, 2019 2:01 AM MDT
      May 4, 2019 12:29 AM MDT

cant click on it
      May 4, 2019 5:56 PM MDT

What do you think of these threats by Islamic children in Philadelphia?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/video-philadelphia-muslim-society-children

============================================================== 

1. It is in reports like these that Fox News lives up to its reputation of atrocious and thoroughly irresponsible reporting.

2. Anyone who thinks that the message of the Fox News report is “Islam and Muslims are cool and friendly” and that the report will be welcomed by Muslims because it will make their day to day life easier has to have their heads examined. Anyone who thinks that the message of the video at the centre of the Fox News report is “Islam and Muslims are cool and friendly” and that the video will be welcomed by Muslims because it will make their day to day life easier has to have their heads examined.

3. Both the video and the Fox News report are utterly condemnable by sensible and reasonable people of all faiths and none who believe that there is a better future for all in promoting community cohesion and mutual cooperation.

4. Bigotry is not confined to any particular community. It shows its ugly face almost everywhere, including in very unlikely places. The video and the two images below are rooted in bigotry. Whereas the bigotry in the video ends up in empty rhetoric, the bigotry in the images [US army rifles carrying Bible verses and Israeli children writing messages on missiles] was delivered by bullets and bombs that actually caused deaths, injuries and mass destruction.

5. The most rudimentary of background research would have shown the producers who the biggest killers and persecutors of Jews have been. And that killing and persecution of Jews did not start with the Nazis it goes way much further back than that as the unfortunate Jew in the video below is quick to remind us.

6. The programme expresses concern about “American taxpayers finance … to the tune of $310,000 since 2007 going to groups including the Muslim American Society” I don’t know who these other groups are or what weapons they purchase with those funds. However, if you’re concerned about where $31,000 per annum of your money is going then shouldn’t you be concerned that $3.8 Billion per annum is going to a small very wealthy country in the Middle East to purchase weapons [yes, that wasn’t a typo, it IS Billions per year]? The rise in anti-semitic incidents since 2018 ““is Islamist anti-Semitism” really? Perhaps so is the rise in Islamophobic attacks and has nothing to do with the rise in right wing supremacist ideology which gave America Trump as its leader, right? The program slips in the following gobbledygook “the global deligitimisation and assault on Israel that we see now in Gaza” Here’s a simplified animated 101 on the Israeli/Palistinian issue that unravels the confusion and shows you who the actual perpetrators of deligitimisation, dispossession and assaults really are. No, it’s not made by Palestinians. It’s what conscientiousJews want you to know about what’s being done in their name.

This post was edited by CLURT at June 13, 2019 2:59 AM MDT
      June 12, 2019 2:37 PM MDT

I have to go to work.  I'll come back.  I doubt that this is anything to do with people who are really those who follow anything Islamic as far as the religion goes.  

Terrorists?  Maybe. I have yet to find out what this story is about.  But Muslims do not wage war and certainly do not teach their children to be violent.  Quite the opposite.

It would be like me printing a story that Christian kids are shooting up a school.  Yeah.  Right. Real Christian. 

These people  who claim religion is their reason are just terrorists no worse or better than the KKK is.  
      June 12, 2019 2:40 PM MDT

The ongoing unwinnable debate - Islam is a religion of peace.

After all, what could be less threatening than a bloke with both hands lopped off, or gasping for air through a bloody slit in his throat, or a young girl whipped, beaten, raped and cowed till her eyes had sunk from sight and she could no longer walk? No, I mean, really - where do I sign up?

July 16, 2019 8:37 AM MDT