Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What's the worst medical condition you've ever ignored in order to fulfill other obligations?

What's the worst medical condition you've ever ignored in order to fulfill other obligations?

Kelly Clarkson apparently had her appendix removed after hosting a music awards ceremony- she hosted and performed despite being in agony. 
https://people.com/music/kelly-clarkson-surgery-appendix-hosting-music-awards/ 

Posted - May 5, 2019

Responses

I still haven’t gone in for a badly need ed needed tildectomy.

(I’m waiting for medical science to discover that I don’t need to have it removed.)

~ This post was edited by Randy D at May 6, 2019 9:58 AM MDT
      May 5, 2019 4:25 PM MDT

needed tildectomy
      May 5, 2019 8:05 PM MDT

~

May 5, 2019 9:49 PM MDT

Just ignoring a cold or flu to finish a school or work day. 
      May 5, 2019 4:41 PM MDT

three hernias caused by heavy lifting.
    Have no time for an operation.
    Operation=no work=being evicted for 
    not being able to pay rent.
    I just don't trust anyone and what kind of repair they would do.
    So am just avoiding as much as possible
    heavy lifting of anything.
      May 5, 2019 7:48 PM MDT

D: You're dealing with that right now? Oh man. Be well, Baba.
      May 6, 2019 9:59 AM MDT

Hernias are easily repaired.  Where are they?  You will have to heal  of course, but you should not leave a tear.  It will just get worse.
    And if you have issues with this kind of problem, you need another job.  I know it is easy to say.  I probably would do the same thing you are doing.  But you need to wake up and realize that this cannot go on.  
      May 6, 2019 10:14 AM MDT

• Let's just say not wanting to take a day off of work and then not wanting to miss my cousin's baby shower landed me in the ICU for two days. There are some things you definitely shouldn't ignore. 
      May 5, 2019 9:04 PM MDT

I just want to avoid those sarcastic doctors, that's all.

~

May 5, 2019 10:44 PM MDT

Sciatica. The pain was constant, I soldiered on until it got so bad, despite painkillers, that I couldn't concentrate.
      May 5, 2019 11:44 PM MDT

A stress fracture in my foot. I was flying back and forth to tend to a family member who multiple serious injuries and trying to keep up with my job at home. 
      May 6, 2019 5:25 AM MDT

Cataracts.  I worked in Scottsdale and had to drive each morning from Sun City.  It was a half hour on the expressway in the dark.  I had no vision in one eye and partial vision in the other.  I drove like that for months until I could get operated on.  

I cannot believe I didn't kill anybody.  I am of sound mind.  I think about all the people out on the road that are NOT.  I think of all the people on the road who are of sound mind and do stupid things like this daily.  I think about God.  And I think about the odds of any of us surviving on the road with the probabilities of disaster and I wonder how anyone can think GOD does not have a hand in keeping most of us driving and in one piece.

May 6, 2019 10:19 AM MDT

rny bad hips, i was working in a resort and i waited till i could barely stand up or walk to say anything, ended up having to leave the job and i had two hip irnplants 6 wks apart
      May 13, 2019 3:55 PM MDT