Active Now

Spunky
Danilo_G
Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What should be more concerning to the average American: relations with Iran or China?

What should be more concerning to the average American: relations with Iran or China?

Posted - May 6, 2019

Responses

Short answer:  I don't know.  And if I DON'T? Most AVERAGE AMERICANS DO NOT EITHER.  I doubt if the Average American knows ONE thing about Iran, including where it is located.  I doubt very much if the average American knows zilch about Russia or even its recent history from the past 50 years.

I am not even sure we need to be worried about Iran.  That is TRUMP and his nonsense.  So I don't know for sure.  I am focused on Russia and all things Russian.  I think they are very interested in Iran, Syria and anything else they can conquer.  

I am sure we have a powerful opponent in China.  If China wants our butt, China is going to have it. They can unite with Russia.  They can unite with Iran.  They can unite with ANYONE who hates us so that includes our allies as well.

The point is WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT?  They don't want to kill us, they want to use us.  And Trump is the perfect foil.  He is SO FREAKING EVIL and stupid he will do anything for perceived money and power.  And what these despots have, he is salivating over.  Life long power. That is what he desires.  He would NOT HESITATE to band with Putin.  He would love it.  He is trying it right under our noses.  He cannot see that Putin could care less about anything except what Trump will stupidly offer him without his even asking for it.  Trump wants to win 20/20 and I think he thinks Putin can help him.  He did it in 2016 why not again?  And we must keep it a secret and that is why he kisses Putin's rear end.

May 6, 2019 11:13 AM MDT

China. 
    We have direct and large scale  economic, scientific and political connections with the Chinese; they are also a nuclear power, a technological superpower and have by far the world’s largest army, production capabilities and workforce. 
    The Chinese own significant real estate in the US, and as the world’s second largest economy (not for much longer) their activities affect world markets as much as ours in the US. 

None of this is the case with Iran. This is not to say we should ignore them. 
      May 6, 2019 2:51 PM MDT

I would agree with Don Barzini.  We have a much more complicated and intertwined economic relationship with China.  Already Trump's decision to increase tariffs on China are having a negative effect on the stock market.  
      May 6, 2019 4:39 PM MDT

China. 
      May 6, 2019 4:55 PM MDT

Absolutely China. 
      May 6, 2019 7:57 PM MDT

Isn't China the holder of our
    trillion (or whatever) massive debt??
    Definitely China.
      May 6, 2019 8:19 PM MDT

• Both and for differing reasons. Despite Joe Biden's feeble claims that China cannot compete with us, he's leaving out a lot of important information. China is building the largest navy on earth. They already have the largest standing army. They have a nuclear arsenal and they have made forays into space with a variety of satellite technologies. They are an industrious, hard working and innovative society that has enjoyed economic advantages through one sided trade agreements with the US since the 1970's. With Iran, you have a permanent destabilizing force in the Middle East with an ongoing development of nuclear capabilities. A fanatical theocracy can and will use such weapons. 
      May 7, 2019 10:06 AM MDT

• China, no contest.  There  military,economic, and information might are each formidable their own,  they have the trifecta.

May 7, 2019 5:30 PM MDT

not sure
      May 12, 2019 4:45 PM MDT

It is concerning that matters like this are inevitably driven by dogma, preconception, deceitful posturing and blind self-interest, rather than are assessed and addressed on their merits, with a mind to the welfare of the people involved and the future. 
      September 8, 2019 12:22 PM MDT