Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » What brings you here to AM?

What brings you here to AM?

Why do you come here? What do you bring to the community? 

Posted - May 6, 2019

Responses

I come here because I like the questions and answers. I've only been on three Q&A sites and this is one of them. One of the three went away, answerology (I was there for 11 years) and the other I left because it was owned by a person in the UK and most members there only bashed the USA on a daily basis yet, asked for donations constantly. 

I don't add much to the community except my own view on things going on in my life or interests. And, those things are at best only surface. I do read a lot and I get the feeling that it's not acceptable to just "like" everything. Although, I do that because I don't want anyone to have a 0. I feel like if you're kind enough to read and answer, the asker should at least acknowledge the post. 
      May 6, 2019 7:35 PM MDT

Well said. 
    It has also been said that wisdom from some is better than gold from others. 
    Wisdom is the coin of this realm.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at May 6, 2019 8:19 PM MDT
      May 6, 2019 8:07 PM MDT

• weylon told me he'd change the name to ambermug for a few weeks and he did and that's why I came here 
      May 6, 2019 7:41 PM MDT

I'm exhausted and can't sleep!
      May 6, 2019 7:45 PM MDT

Then allow us to bore you to sleep. 
      May 6, 2019 8:09 PM MDT

Shouldn't take long. :)
      May 7, 2019 9:25 AM MDT

Been coming here for so long it has become
    a habit...haha
    If I bring anything worth while
    to this community,
    you would have to see what people think.
    Not really for me to say...
      May 6, 2019 7:58 PM MDT

All the various personalities on AM -interesting and entertaining.  I learn stuff and sometimes I ask  questions  and answer people's questions. 
      May 6, 2019 11:01 PM MDT

Habit.  
      May 6, 2019 11:03 PM MDT

Wait, this is ANSWERMUG?  What the heck am I doing here?  I didn't know, I didn't know!  Please don't tell anyone I was here, I'll just slip out the back door and be on my way! Shhhhhhhh!

~
      May 7, 2019 12:09 AM MDT

I continue to come here because I have come to genuinely care about the members I have gotten to know here. I enjoy the insights, the humor and discovering new ways to view various situations.  I assume that what I offer the community are the same things that I get back. 
      May 7, 2019 4:50 AM MDT

Besides a few friends and acquaintances I am here because it gives me a chance to speak out.  Which I seldom have in real life.  To say OK this is who I am and what I do, what I feel, how I think - in the hope that someone will read what I post and take heart or courage to more be themselves in their life. I bring to this site my honesty and my ability to be candid about myself and unafraid to lead my own life however imperfect it may be. 
      May 7, 2019 6:18 AM MDT

(Applause)
      May 7, 2019 7:39 AM MDT

• I do a lot of my work from home so I come here to intermittently decompress a little. I work in the medical field and my job can be serious and stressful, so I'm not looking for deep and meaningful discussion.

What do I bring to the community? I'm just here being playful so if that suits someone else, then it's up to them to decide. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 7, 2019 11:29 PM MDT
      May 7, 2019 8:23 AM MDT

• I come here because I feel I am an integral part of this small online community. I post on other sites as well, but they are larger and more anonymous and even after a few years of being there, I still feel like no one there knows who I am. At least I have some recognition here and feel that people appreciate my presence and my contributions. I enjoy sharing my opinions and experiences with other people and discussing things that I may be a bit shier to discuss in person. It's always been easier for me to communicate through typed words than through speech so online communities have a strong appeal for me, and while this one being small is sometimes a downside (we could do with a few more members!) the small size allows me to feel comfortable and not concerned about being ignored. And yes, after all this time it has become a habit, and it would not be easy to get me to leave, even if the site had become significantly less active. What do I bring? I bring my linguistic knowledge, my down-to-earth and friendly demeanor, my willingness to listen, and my fine, attractive humble self :) 
      May 7, 2019 10:23 AM MDT

i like it here
      May 12, 2019 4:42 PM MDT