Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Music » Can you post a more ridiculous song than this one? No, no you can not.

Can you post a more ridiculous song than this one? No, no you can not.

Posted - May 10, 2019

Responses

rediculous ridiculous

May 10, 2019 8:49 PM MDT

I love you, mate.

~

May 10, 2019 8:51 PM MDT

• Someone just had a grammargasm. 
      May 11, 2019 1:23 AM MDT

Slart, was it good for you too?

~
      May 11, 2019 6:18 AM MDT

•   May 11, 2019 7:42 AM MDT

Wait, there were cameras there?  Who said anything about cameras?  No one told me we’d be getting filmed!

:[

May 11, 2019 12:30 PM MDT

• Haven’t you watched that Snowden movie? There’s cameras everywhere. Tape up your computer cam. Stat!
      May 11, 2019 5:03 PM MDT

You forgot can not cannot
      May 11, 2019 6:29 AM MDT

• Oh gawd, the Randy disease is spreading :)
      May 11, 2019 7:44 AM MDT

• Maybe I typed it that way cos of her ridiculous red dress....I didn’t, but you don’t know that. 
    And yes, your song sucks too :)
      May 11, 2019 7:42 AM MDT

I am unable to see videos here lately.  I don't know why. 
      May 10, 2019 10:13 PM MDT

• It’s that stupid ‘ Stand by your man ’ song. I had never really listened to the words before last night. It’s ridiculous. 
      May 11, 2019 7:46 AM MDT

Context, both historical and personal.  Tammy Wynette wrote that song. She was closer to my mother's age than mine.   The song came from her life, a life that I am so fortunate not to have lived.  She lived for years in the same city as my home town although she was born in the next state over.  Many knew her and knew about her because, well, she was a beautician and those placed were the castles of gossip.   If you read her book............you would find it amazing that after all she went through she still believed that marriage is 'through good times and bad.'  She died at 55 but in an earlier interview she speaks to those women who hated this song.  

https://www.cmt.com/news/1473641/tammy-wynette-dies-at-55/

“Stand By Your Man” turned out to be the career song for Wynette, thus making her name a household word. When Sherrill and Wynette wrote the song, the women’s movement was just beginning to take hold. Although Tammy’s hard-core country fans loved the number, women’s groups from coast-to-coast took exception with the song’s conservative lyrics. Recalls Wynette in a 1977 interview with Joan Dew, “It’s funny that song caused so much commotion from feminist groups when you consider we wrote it in about twenty minutes. But they took it the wrong way. I didn’t sing the song to say, ’You women stay home and stay pregnant, and don’t do anything to help yourselves. Be there waiting when he comes home, because a woman needs a man at any cost.’ No, that’s not what I was saying at all. I guess I’ve proven that I don’t believe in staying with a man you no longer love. All I was saying in the song was ’Be understanding. Be supportive. There’ll be good times and there will be bad times, but if he’s worth being with at all, he’s worth seeing through the bad times.'”

May 11, 2019 12:51 PM MDT

• That‘s interesting, thank you :) I wasn’t aware of the history behind the song. I think I mentioned somewhere else here,  last night was the first time I had even really paid attention to the lyrics. I wasn’t impressed lol. 
      May 11, 2019 5:05 PM MDT

I'm not a real fan but remember the women talking about her when I was a kid.  Sometimes in a not-so-nice way.  But, I've read a bit about her and her life taken as a whole was hard.  She could sing and fix hair.  Now that's a country song all by itself.  :)
      May 11, 2019 11:45 PM MDT

• Lol, it is :)
      May 12, 2019 8:56 AM MDT

This post was edited by Flint Ironstag at May 11, 2019 3:16 PM MDT
      May 10, 2019 11:55 PM MDT

• Yep, that one is pretty bad too:)
      May 11, 2019 7:47 AM MDT

• Girl, you just need a good mansplaining to set you straight. 

OK, I can't say that with a straight face. We'll burn our bras when we get to New Orleans. 
      May 11, 2019 1:17 AM MDT

• Lol:) I was listening to another old country song last night,  then this one came up after on YouTube. I was in no MOOD for that bullshizzat song last night. 
      May 11, 2019 7:49 AM MDT

• You weren't eating ice cream straight out of the half gallon container, were you ? 
      May 11, 2019 8:17 AM MDT

• No, wine straight from the box. Actually that isn’t even true. I was so full of food,  I couldn’t even drink. Maybe that’s why I was in a mood :)
      May 11, 2019 5:06 PM MDT

This one is definitely a contender...

It is vomit-inducing just like your choice.

Judy's Turn to Cry

'Cause now it's Judy's turn to cry
    Judy's turn to cry
    Judy's turn to cry
    'Cause Johnny's come back
    To me

Aww when Judy left with Johnny at my party (my party)
    And came back wearing his ring
    I sat down and cried my eyes out
    Now that was a foolish thing

'Cause now it's Judy's turn to cry
    Judy's turn to cry
    Judy's turn to cry
    To me

Well it hurt me so to see them dance together
    I felt like making a scene
    Then my tears just felt like rain drops
    'Cause Judy's smile was so mean

But now it's Judy's turn to cry
    Judy's turn to cry
    Judy's turn to cry
    To me

Oh one night I saw them kissing at a party
    So I kissed some other guy
    Johnny jumped up and he hit him
    'Cause he still loved me that's why

So now it's Judy's turn to cry
    Judy's turn to cry
    Judy's turn to cry
    To me

So now it's Judy's turn to cry
    Judy's turn to cry
    Judy's turn to cry

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 11, 2019 5:06 PM MDT
      May 11, 2019 8:22 AM MDT

• What’s wrong with these women. -_- 
      May 11, 2019 5:07 PM MDT