Active Now

Spunky
Element 99
Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » By defying the subpoenas, Trump is begging for impeachment. Why is he courting it? Does he think that will make him win 20/20? LOL

By defying the subpoenas, Trump is begging for impeachment. Why is he courting it? Does he think that will make him win 20/20? LOL

Posted - May 11, 2019

Responses

The smart Dems do not want to allow themselves to be trolled into an attempt at  impeachment unless/until  it could a sure thing because a failed attempt would give the Donald material to brag about. This post was edited by Kittigate at May 11, 2019 7:45 PM MDT
      May 11, 2019 10:31 AM MDT

He thinks he is immune from any comeback from anything he does... be it illegal or just highly dubious.. his fans support him regardless.. He has probably come to believe he is untouchable. 
      May 11, 2019 10:57 AM MDT

• It is my understanding that Congress is asking Barr to break multiple laws in their request for the unredacted Mueller report.
      May 11, 2019 11:01 AM MDT

Yes.  But your understanding is the GOP's take.  My understanding is the CONSTITUTION"S take which is that Barr's argument does not hold water because he is totally out of his league as far as what he knows about Congress and the Constitution.  It is Barr who lied on the stand, in Court and to Congress. Barr will get impeached for this absolute travesty of justice.  
      May 11, 2019 11:04 AM MDT

• My concern is that Trump has all along had the power to end the investigation(s), but hasn't, he's letting everything play out, so it must be to his benefit some how.  Barr is upholding the law by not complying with Congress' requests.  Now, when they get their hands on Jared, be prepared for a new precedent of "I plead the fifth". :P
      May 11, 2019 11:12 AM MDT

no idea
      May 11, 2019 4:57 PM MDT

Trump likes anything that keeps him in the news and allows him to play the victim. 
      May 11, 2019 7:39 PM MDT