Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Describe a memory you have of a movie you saw a long time ago that you now can’t figure out what it was or it’s title

Describe a memory you have of a movie you saw a long time ago that you now can’t figure out what it was or it’s title

maybe you’re not even sure if it‘s real or if you made it up. I’ll leave my mystery description in the comments

Posted - May 12, 2019

Responses

I have a memory of seeing a movie around age 5 or 6 that opened with a girl hitch hiking down a road at night, and a narration by her that I don’t remember the details of but it basically ended with “this is how I died” as she is picked up by someone in a pickup or a bronco whose face we never see, who then pulls a gun out, points it at her face, we see terror in her eyes, and then there’s a muzzle flash and it cuts to black. Then I think the movie jumps back in time to earlier events. It scared the crap out of me and Ive never been able to find it
      May 12, 2019 2:30 AM MDT

Could it be I know who killed me?  With Lindsey Lohan?  
      May 12, 2019 9:25 AM MDT

No i saw this around 1995 or 96 so It would have to be made before then
      May 12, 2019 11:08 AM MDT

Actually that is when she made this, I think.  But obviously it is not what you want.  Nope, you're right.  I just looked it up and she made that turkey in 2007 This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 13, 2019 12:34 PM MDT
      May 13, 2019 12:31 PM MDT

• The Legend of Boggy Creek (1972)

I was 2 years old and went to the theater in Elgin, Tx with my sister (she's 15 years my elder).  I can remember certain scenes vividly, but I had no idea until later on what it was about.  I still haven't seen it again, but I want to.  If memory serves me correctly after 47 years there is a little boy in the movie who had never talked before and near the end (I think) he says something about bubble gum, maybe asking how much it cost, not sure.  I did research it a little and it's a Bigfoot flick.  I may check it out again.
      May 12, 2019 7:28 AM MDT

It was a scene where some people
    were walking through a jungle type atmosphere 
    and this huge spider dropped down from the trees
    and bit this one person in the back of his neck. A 
    very big spider with huge fangs and you could see
    these huge fangs going into this guy's neck
    and blood coming out...I was young
    and that memory has never gone away.
    Scared the H E double toothpicks out of me...Yikes.
      May 12, 2019 7:43 AM MDT

It sounds like the company being attacked by spiders in the Lord of the Rings.  LOL I'm sure it is not the same movie.  You were too old.
      May 12, 2019 9:28 AM MDT

Oh real enough. I saw most of it twice on TV in September 2000. Perhaps on Lifetime.  A lengthy artistic film with a  chamber music score and it may have been in black and white.  I would guess a recent or 90s film.  A group of family and friends meet at the woodsy home of one of them. He is a psychiatrist and the house belonged to his father who was recently killed in a nearby plane crash. His father's girlfriend is still living there.  His wife's younger sister and her fiancé and other friends join them for the week of the weekend.  It is winter.  His wife, who was once his patient, is in the process of breaking up with him.  And their are a certain amount of bitternesses and recriminations and sullenesses.  They hang out together and at one point go to a local club where a country band is playing to dance and some of them get drunk.  At another the man shows some of the friends the site of the plane crash which killed his father.  In the climactic scene the wife and her sister are driving together and the former flees from the car into a snowy field and admits to her sister that she has had an abortion.  At the end she leaves him and they see her and some of the others off on the train.  Then the men return to the house and talk of going skiing at Tuckerman's Ravine (which is in New Hampshire).  To challenge themselves.  Can't recall the name of this film, which I thought was quite good, for the life of me. 
      May 12, 2019 7:49 AM MDT

Wait you’ve told me this plot before... have I asked this question before??
      May 12, 2019 11:11 AM MDT

Could be - I have been looking for it for almost 20 years.  Gone through all kinds of indie movie books. 
      May 12, 2019 7:16 PM MDT

Why do you even need the title?  You know the whole film by heart.  LOL   Why would you need to see it ever again?  
      May 13, 2019 12:22 PM MDT

But I don't - that is mostly all I recall of it. I would like to see it again and have thought about it for many years.  I hope someone will be able to help me as I have tried pretty much everything.
      May 13, 2019 6:55 PM MDT

• I have one that has been driving me nutz for years. I’ve tried googling what I can remember, with no results.
    All I remember about the movie,  is a guy driving down a deserted road and he sees some creepy guy riding a bike on the side of the road. Then further along his drive sees the same guy on bike. I saw part of this  movie when I was young and I got freaked out, so turned it off and never saw the end. I WANT TO SEE THE REST OF IT but I have no idea what it’s called, so can’t find it. I know I didn’t imagine it though. 

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 12, 2019 11:11 AM MDT
      May 12, 2019 8:54 AM MDT

Could it be an episode of something like Are You Afraid of the Dark?
      May 12, 2019 3:52 PM MDT

• No, I know for 100% sure it’s a movie. I can picture the guy who stars in the movie, he’s one of those actors who is familiar to anyone,  cos been in lots of stuff but can’t ever think of his name, so that doesn’t help either lol.
    I know by my age I first saw it it’s a 90’s horror movie. Also I know that this guy is stuck in this horror town with the guy on the bike. I think it’s a fictional town and he is a writer and created the town or else he’s stuck in a town of a book he read or something. This has  been driving me nuts for years lol. 

May 12, 2019 4:22 PM MDT

It sounds familiar to me too, I feel like I can almost figure out what this is...
      May 13, 2019 12:19 PM MDT

• It drives me nutz because I never  saw the end. I have such a vivid memory of being freaked out by the guy on the bike and turning the movie off. It was sooooo long ago but I know for sure is a real movie. 

May 13, 2019 12:29 PM MDT

That kind of stuff scared the cr&p out of me.   Oh God.   I know the end.  The guy on the bike kills the driver.  What else could it be?  THE END
      May 13, 2019 12:24 PM MDT

• Maybe...but I need to know for sure! 
      May 13, 2019 12:28 PM MDT

it's title
      its title
      May 12, 2019 9:23 AM MDT

I just tried to fix it but I’m using my phone and it wont stay edited for some reason. Now you got a memory or ain’t ya?!
      May 12, 2019 11:15 AM MDT

How about answering what movie it is?  Oh yeah.  That's right.  You don't know.  Great contribution, as usual.

I mean all you are thinking right now is "does she know that there should maybe be a comma after 'Oh'?"

How's that for a perfect quotation mark display btw?  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 12, 2019 2:42 PM MDT
      May 12, 2019 11:24 AM MDT

I was one on my cell phone earlier in the day.  I knew that typing a long answer would have to wait until I got to my laptop, which took place this evening; I have just posted it (see below).  A short answer, especially on my pet love, grammar, is something I can do from the cell phone, it is quick and easy.  

I do not owe you this explanation, I make it of my own accord.  You and I are long-time friend-frenemies, so this is another chapter of our love-hate relationship.

~

This post was edited by Randy D at May 13, 2019 12:33 PM MDT
      May 12, 2019 11:52 PM MDT

So ,you was ONE my cell phone was you.....tut tut tut .....such be grandMa or what I would discribe as gobbledegook .....please don't edit it and destroy the proof that you to are human.....

And the proper term is A Mobile.... Get it right or you'll end up in my Cell....and you would t want that I think.......hehe 
      May 13, 2019 1:14 AM MDT