Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Unless expressly asked in advance of death of the decedent to do so would you ever BAN a child from attending his/her funeral?

Unless expressly asked in advance of death of the decedent to do so would you ever BAN a child from attending his/her funeral?

Even if they had been estranged or not on the best of terms in life? If you were the decedent would you ever ask to have your child banned from attending your funeral? Why?

Posted - May 12, 2019

Responses

No, I would not. The ancestor is dead and gone...the can not fight with their kid or grandkids at their funeral. 
    If I knew a person attending would cause a fight...I would prevent them from attending. But would arrange with the funeral home time for that person to have by themselves. I know they do this, they are used to dealing with family drama. 

I had an new found 1/2 sibling who wanted to attend a funeral of a grandparent not for the funeral but to introduce himself to the rest of the family. He was told that the funeral was not the appropriate place for that. 
      May 12, 2019 7:33 AM MDT

Thank you for your helpful reply m2c. We have a situation. I'm gonna message you.:)
      May 12, 2019 11:12 AM MDT

If Trump were my child and stole from me like he tried to do to his father, I would ban him.  But Trump's dad knew better.  Because he MADE this moron into what he became.

• President Donald Trump sought to rewrite his father's will in 1990 to strengthen his position as the sole executor of his father's estate, according to a New York Times investigation published Tuesday.
    • Fred Trump saw the move as an attempt to go behind his back and removed his son from having sole control of the estate, The Times reported, citing depositions and other documents it obtained.
    • Fred Trump feared that his son would strip the estate to rescue his own failing empire, the report says.
    • The investigation by The Times found that Donald Trump and his family engaged in "instances of outright fraud" to enhance their wealth. New York agencies are investigating the allegations in the report.

President Donald Trump tried to rewrite his father's will in 1990 to strengthen his position as the only person to inherit his father's estate, according to a bombshell New York Times report about Trump's and his family's tax practices.

But Fred Trump foiled the attempt, as he feared his son could strip his estate and use it to rescue his own failing businesses, The Times reported, citing depositions and other documents it obtained.

Donald Trump had sent his father a document that would make him the sole executor of the estate and protect his portion of his inheritance from creditors and his impending divorce settlement, according to the report.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 12, 2019 11:13 AM MDT
      May 12, 2019 9:50 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Sharon. This question was as far removed from the sb prez as is possible. SIGH.
      May 12, 2019 11:13 AM MDT

That is RICH, Rosie.  The question is totally bland and without any specific answer needed.

I picked the obvious.  

So sorry, you don't approve.   And SINCE WHEN do you not approve when I bash Trump since it is all you talk about.  Oh.  I'm sorry.  The new Rosie talks about Trump only 99 percent of the time now.  Forgive me.  

I answer TRUMP to most anything because he FITS the bill to any insult.  What PERSON on earth has desecrated the memory of their parents worse than this abominable pig?  He was fruit from a poisoned tree, and that is the only reason they did not ban him.  They are just exactly the same.  

So, excuuuuuse me.    I answered this question perfectly.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 12, 2019 11:22 AM MDT
      May 12, 2019 11:19 AM MDT

Amazing how you handle yourself Sharon. The question is based on what I am currently going through in my REAl LIFE after the death of our oldest son David. It is based on fact. I have no words for you with this response. Happy Mother's Day to you. I assume you have not experienced the DEATH OF A CHILD. I hope you never do. And no I do not forgive you for your insults. Not today when I am grieving. Never perhaps. This post was edited by RosieG at May 12, 2019 11:34 AM MDT
      May 12, 2019 11:33 AM MDT

How could anyone ever know from this question that your son died?  WHAT?  HOW COULD I KNOW THAT?  I DID NOT KNOW.  

Then post it that way.  Do I have ESP?  You are going to get OFFENDED by being vague? 
    How was I supposed to know by reading this sole question that it was about ANYTHING at all?  Besides just the question.  How do I know?  

And I had NO idea that anyone died.  I am so sorry. I am just finding this out now.  

I HAD NO IDEA.  There is no way you can forgive me, because I did not KNOW.  I will leave you alone now.  You know I would never act like this if I had known.  

My heart is breaking for you.  I DID NOT KNOW.  

Instead of yelling at me and calling me evil or whatever, you could have just told me.  

It is obvious I did not know. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 12, 2019 12:07 PM MDT
      May 12, 2019 11:41 AM MDT

OK, you unintentionally caused pain. It happens with all of us. If you step on someone's foot by accident and you step on their other foot intentionally; which one doesn't hurt---and will they not react to what they do not realize is unintended pain?

Let the pain subside a bit before continuing.
      May 12, 2019 12:04 PM MDT

:):):)
      May 13, 2019 5:44 AM MDT

No, I would never ban my child from my funeral---funerals are for the living, not for the dead.

And I would not want St Peter asking me why I requested that my child not be allowed to attend my funeral.
      May 12, 2019 11:59 AM MDT

It's a situation we are involved in tangentially and we are very much saddened by it tom. I cannot conceive of any circumstance that would cause me to ever do that to any child of mine. I don't understand the why and I cannot ask. SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      May 13, 2019 5:46 AM MDT

I can't imagine I would, complicated as such situations may be.

My condolences, Rosie.
      May 12, 2019 12:08 PM MDT

Thank you DG. I appreciate your kindness. There will be a Memorial Service this Saturday for David and we are DREADING it. We need to hold it together for our daughter-in-law. Happy Monday to thee!  :)
      May 13, 2019 5:48 AM MDT

I knew he was unwell again, but did not know that you had lost him.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
      May 12, 2019 12:11 PM MDT

We received that most terrible call a parent can receive from our daughter-in-law Yolanda. Last Sunday she called in the morning and said that David had hours or at the most a day or two according to the doctor. We got THE CALL that afternoon informing us that he had passed. She did not want us to go to Buckeye, Arizona (about 250 miles from Hemet where they live) to see him in that condition. She said she wanted us to remember him as he was the last time we saw him. A blessing I think now in retrospect. The Memorial Service will be this Saturday in Arizona. Our other son and his fiancee will be driving down from Reno to pick us up and take us there. Another blessing. Jim won't have to drive. I don't drive much any more. Thank you for your kindness tom. This is the hardest thing I've experienced yet. I mean when my parents passed on well that is the normal nature of things. This is very unnatural. SIGH.
      May 13, 2019 5:53 AM MDT