Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » For those of you out there whose DEFAULT mode is VERY SERIOUS how often do you just relax and do or say silly things?

For those of you out there whose DEFAULT mode is VERY SERIOUS how often do you just relax and do or say silly things?

Do you think being silly is silly or sensible? Maybe silly is the vent on the pressure cooker that releases steam so you don't explode.

Posted - May 13, 2019

Responses

Over the years the way I have come to look at it is the more we vent the more we become accustomed to venting and so being accustomed to it the more we need to.  Because we get into the habit.  So much better to take things in stride than allow pressure to build up at all so we will not need or want to "vent".  So I just go with not expecting very much from people and giving the best of myself if I can.   Only a few times in my life have I ever "exploded" and those were mostly inward rather than taking it out on others.
    Oh and to  answer your question yes you know I am serious and though I can be silly sometimes with intimates I try to play it straight with everybody else because I would rather maintain my dignity rather than buy into their prejudices just to get along with them.  There are other and better ways of getting along.  This post was edited by officegirl at May 13, 2019 5:04 AM MDT
      May 13, 2019 5:00 AM MDT

My default mode is smarta$$. If I can't turn something into a really painful pun, then I get serious. Sometimes.
      May 13, 2019 5:08 AM MDT

Does friendship automatically cause people to see folks through rose-colored glasses? I gotta ask. The smarta** to whom you have referred before I don't recall ever seeing R. Maybe it just flew over my head and I simply didn't notice.  Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday etcetera and so forth?
      May 13, 2019 5:24 AM MDT

I've punned back at a few of yours over the years. Not many, you rarely leave yourself open.
      May 13, 2019 5:26 AM MDT

You are too kind m'dear. I just asked a question regarding this. Does friendship wear rose-colored glasses? I wonder. Sometimes I just don't get the pun and then when you have to explain yourself it sorta loses something. Sometimes I'm with it and sometimes I'm on it sometimes I'm out of it. I like that R. I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 13, 2019 5:34 AM MDT
      May 13, 2019 5:33 AM MDT

I tend to be more on the serious side, but every now and then, I'm given to whimsy.  What I don't do is silly.
      May 13, 2019 8:29 AM MDT

I do/say silly a lot L. I think it's the only way I can get balance to my very serious nature.  That's the safest way for me to vent. Silliness. I was a very serious child. I am a very serious old lady. I have choices. I choose the light when I can and for me that is being very silly. Different strokes m'dear! Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 14, 2019 4:00 AM MDT

We all follow our own paths.  If it makes you happy, that's what counts. :)
      May 14, 2019 5:00 AM MDT

It's how I survive the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune L.
      May 14, 2019 5:51 AM MDT

My hat is off to thee. :)
      May 14, 2019 2:17 PM MDT

May 14, 2019 5:24 AM MDT

Oops. Okey dokey. Done! :)
      May 14, 2019 5:52 AM MDT