Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Why is it that Evangelical Christians love Israel so much?

Why is it that Evangelical Christians love Israel so much?

Posted - May 14, 2019

Responses

Jesus was a Jew. Israel is the Jewish homeland promised to Chaim Weizmann in exchange for his formula for synthetic cordite. No getting away from those basic facts.
      May 14, 2019 3:58 AM MDT

cord·ite
    [ˈkôrËŒdÄ«t]

NOUN
    1. a smokeless explosive made from nitrocellulose, nitroglycerine, and petroleum jelly, used in ammunition.

I wish I knew more.  Thank you, I am listening.  
      May 14, 2019 4:03 AM MDT

Britain was running out of ammunition in the First World War. Weizmann, a Jewish scientist, offered the War Office a cheaper way to produce the explosives it needed, provided that in the event of an Allied victory, the inevitable carve-up of the Ottoman Empire secured for his people a homeland in Transjordan, west of the river in the vicinity of the ancient Kingdom of Israel.
    The Allies accepted his offer - then reneged. As a result, many European Jews who would have relocated were slaughtered in the Holocaust two decades later. The State of Israel was thus founded immediately following WWII by an Alliance with blood on it's hands, almost as a guilt-ridden afterthought.
      May 14, 2019 4:57 AM MDT

Dear Slarti, thank you, once more, for knowing stuff.  
      May 14, 2019 11:33 AM MDT

It is crucial to Christian fundamentalists that the Holy Land be occupied and ruled by Jews, not by Muslims. 
    This arrangement is key to the Biblical prophesy of Armageddon, as found in the Book of Revelations.

Politically, Israel also provides a strategic foothold for the Christian West in the backyard of Islam.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at May 14, 2019 2:21 PM MDT
      May 14, 2019 4:34 AM MDT

Isn't this amazing?  On so many different levels.  I think the Armageddon idea was founded on ego taking over any kind of inner conscience.   Any kind of morals or thought built on reflection and self-service is abolished and we have chaos and disorder.  So, to make sure that the BIBLE is correct, they are causing decades and centuries of chaos and disorder.  I don't know if there is a stronger term for it than poetic justice, manifest destiny or just lemmings diving off a cliff and cutting their noses off while falling.  ???? 

How does this prove a THING except man's insanity towards man.  
      May 14, 2019 11:37 AM MDT

At least by managing events to pander to scripture, there is some precept of choosing the manner of chaos and disorder; if only to align with a quaint ideal of the End of the World that their distant Christian ancestors clung to, tirelessly promoted, and committed uncounted atrocities for.

Why do you think there has been no real substantive effort in the West to uphold the Palestinians, beyond periodic lip service and a some stunted diplomacy?
    Because Palestinian autonomy on that particular tract of land is contrary to the same paradigm of beliefs that sent the Crusades there 900 years ago:
    To keep the Holy Land viable for the canonized delusions of St John of Patmos. This post was edited by Don Barzini at May 14, 2019 8:39 PM MDT
      May 14, 2019 12:02 PM MDT

And nothing seals your argument better than this product of history. Office Girl's loyal reply to this.  But I digress.  I am astounded by the focus.  The amazing focus on making this real.  I mean it is so bizarre, it really does lend to the idea that Armageddon is real because what else in history has caused such ferver for a vast number of people throughout history to unite for an insane cause that virtually means zilch?   What end does this serve?  That Christians are RIGHT? ABOUT WHAT?  The rest of the Bible still makes no sense to most human beings. 

This is Trump logic to the MAX.  We are not GOD's CHOSEN PEOPLE. THE JEWS ARE.  So, we are too, by engraftation.  I wonder if Trump is a product of a jackal and a human by the same process.    

Office Girl: 
    Because we consider ourselves Jews by engraftation.  Christianity being the fulfillment of Judaism. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 14, 2019 1:42 PM MDT
      May 14, 2019 12:08 PM MDT

Because we consider ourselves Jews by engraftation.  Christianity being the fulfillment of Judaism. This post was edited by officegirl at May 14, 2019 4:41 AM MDT
      May 14, 2019 4:39 AM MDT

Please read the Asker's Pick.  And we are all a family of man, we are all engrafted; even those filthy brown people are your family.  
      May 14, 2019 11:40 AM MDT

No one said anything about "filthy brown people" but your post.  All Christians and Jews are in the same family....no matter race/creed/color. 
      May 14, 2019 12:37 PM MDT

I guess you and Jew are the same.  It has to be or your Bible is incorrect.  You are NOT God's chosen. That is why they must be embraced. LOL  Irony.  
      May 14, 2019 1:04 PM MDT

Following the Bible.
      May 14, 2019 4:57 AM MDT

• They think it fulfills a Bible fairytale prophecy about the end of the world and so they can't but help rush that along.  So we all have to suffer the repercussions of supporting the rogue state that takes and takes and but gives back nothing but problems.
      May 14, 2019 9:03 AM MDT

Bible says to bless Israel....bless and be blessed and curse and be cursed.
      May 14, 2019 11:22 AM MDT

And WHICH bible is this, pray tell?  

You and your group of CHRISTIAN EXPERTS SEEM TO BE A TAD CONFUSED AS TO WHICH ONE TO FOLLOW.

I've noticed recently on this site there is a push to enforce the rule that, in one's questions, one ought to state "which Bible" one is interested in learning about—whether that is the "Catholic Bible", "Protestant Bible", "Mormon Bible", etc.

Although I knew there were many translations of "the" Bible, I didn't realize that the various denominations of Christianity were using different books. Sure, there must be appreciable overlap among them, but there must also be appreciable differences, too, for this rule to be in place.

So, questions in this vein might be:

1. How many different Bibles do experts tend to agree there are?
    2. How do they differ? (provide a summary or key differences)
    3. In what ways do those differences matter to the adherents to those denominations?

By the way, I would not count The Book of Mormon as "part of" the Mormon Bible; I would see it as its own book in that denomination (but maybe that is wrongheaded in the Mormon tradition?).

May 14, 2019 11:32 AM MDT

All of them. Take your pick whichever translation you want. 
      May 14, 2019 12:35 PM MDT

I believe this one is engentrified, or whatever Office Girl claims you guys are with the Jews?  That is this BIBLE with your Bible.

Or at least I see a lot of similarities between what you guys say the bible means and what this character thinks.  
      May 14, 2019 12:40 PM MDT

Did you just call OG and I satan worshipers?
      May 14, 2019 2:10 PM MDT

• Oddly enough the new made up Israel IS a a curse.

Eats billions of our tax dollars to survive, and cause nothing but problems for us, even threatens world cyber security by releasing Stuxnet against our agreement.
      May 14, 2019 1:36 PM MDT

I liked what you said till the end.  I am not sure. I don't want to blame Israel since I don't know what the actual blame is or where it lies yet.  But I hear you and Slarti.  
      May 14, 2019 11:41 AM MDT

• I am sure stew or some if other snowflake will call us racist antisemites soon.
      May 14, 2019 1:38 PM MDT

I am so much more terrified of being called a NON-BELIEVER.  Soon that will put your head on a stake and lined up along Pennsylvania Avenue.  That will show everyone. The BIBLE is KING.  And SO IS GOD/TRUMP.  Sieg Heil.  (I'm off to get ready for work) LOL 
      May 14, 2019 1:48 PM MDT

my mom is 'evangelical' christian... The thing is since it talks so much about israel in the bible, and saying things in apocalypse that will happens to israel, then christians believes in all of these texts. Even 'talking in tongue' that christians do when they are inspired by the Holy Spirit, they believe that it make them speaks old hebrew language.
      May 14, 2019 11:32 AM MDT