Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you an ADULT? Do you always take responsibility for your words/deeds and also take any hits that may come from it? Gracefully?

Are you an ADULT? Do you always take responsibility for your words/deeds and also take any hits that may come from it? Gracefully?

Posted - May 14, 2019

Responses

Yes, I'm an adult. Yes, I have always, do now, and will always take responsibility for my own actions. I've taken hints, learned many things and learned many valuable lessons over the years. Gracefully? Of course. When you're wrong you're wrong. :)
      May 14, 2019 7:23 AM MDT

You BETCHA! When you're wrong you're wrong. Admitting it and possibly apologizing depending on the nature of your wrongheadedness is the best way to move on. Thank you for your reply ru and Happy Thursday to you! :)
      May 16, 2019 5:32 AM MDT

• If you do a lot of public speaking, and I do, You're open for hits. I've found over the years that the listener recalls much better than the speaker. Often I've been reminded of something that I purportedly said months before. If it sounds like me, fine, I'll take the credit and the hit and move on. Sometimes catching flak is a good indicator that they're at least paying attention. My dad used to say that nothing in life is opened more often by mistake than the mouth. I've been guilty.
      May 14, 2019 7:36 AM MDT

Hahahahahahahaha! I LOVE it!"...nothing in life is opened more often by mistake than the mouth." Oh my gosh that is so simple and profound simultaneously. I may co-opt it but I shall give attribution for it "to the father of an Answermugger". I never take credit for something not mine. So you do a lot of public speaking?  Not me. I used to sweat bullets having to get up in front of the class and speak. The worst time I ever had with that? In high school French we had to prepare a 15-minute speech on anything French and answer questions. I think I spoke about Montaigne.  ALL IN FRENCH! I am not joking. I managed to get through it without making an a** of myself. I think I got a B. However in high school I was in the Drama Class(my Radio Arts teacher asked me to switch classes and join her Drama class) and strangely on a stage as someone else I was fearless!  In one play a student went up on his lines and I had to ad lib on stage alone in character for a few minutes till others came out. I had a ball doing that! But put me in front of a class as Rosemarie having to speak? Agony! Go figger. Thank you for your reply SC! :)
      May 14, 2019 7:58 AM MDT

Yes, I do take responsibility for my words and actions.  Sometimes, I do it with more grace than others.  I can admit when I'm wrong.  
      May 15, 2019 8:32 AM MDT

Me too. I have never had a problem admitting I didn't know something or that I was wrong about something. I don't get folks who do have such problems. You know the mediocre typical jacka**y sb prez type? Never apologize. Never admit you are wrong about anything. Bullpucky! Thank you  for your reply L! :)
      May 16, 2019 5:34 AM MDT

Yes.  I do. 

NO YOU DO NOT.  
      May 15, 2019 8:36 AM MDT