Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "The White House is thinking about deploying 120,000 troops to the middleast!" You up for it, down with, don't care one way or the other?

"The White House is thinking about deploying 120,000 troops to the middleast!" You up for it, down with, don't care one way or the other?

Posted - May 14, 2019

Responses

• I haven't heard that, but I'm not surprised by it. I really don't know what role this nation will play in the coming events of that region.Naturally, I don't want to see our people in harm's way. I think that most people can see and understand the posturing through alliances and arms development that the Middle East is building up to an offensive stance that will produce the greatest warfare the world has ever known. Where we fit into it remains to be seen. I'm one that believes that Biblical prophecies hold the key to the future of this part of the world. Although I'm no theologian, it doesn't take much reasoning to see events coming together like a jigsaw puzzle to form the big picture. I think that in the near, not distant future, we'll see the superficial, temporary peace based on the evil maneuvering of Anti-Christ and the global system that spawns it. True and lasting peace will come with the millennial reign of Jesus Christ on a renovated earth. So, it's not a matter of not caring. Everyone should keep an eye on current events. It's just that I'm not distressed over what lies ahead. 
      May 14, 2019 9:26 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful analysis SC. I appreciate it. I don't share your calm. I am very distressed. Different strokes. Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      May 15, 2019 5:04 AM MDT

We don't have nearly enough troops to make any lasting difference in that region.
    In fact, I doubt the combined forces of the rest of the world would.

We should just admit the entire region is too full of hate, pull out, and let them kill each other "in the name of god".

May 14, 2019 10:00 AM MDT

Ya know why that won't work in my opinion Walt? The sb  prez always wants to be in the thick of things. In the spotlight. On stage. All attention on him. You really think he would settle for backing away and waiting in the wings? Not a chance. Plus he has John Bolton, a very frustrated HAWK since forever ago who WANTS to fight a war with Iran or anyone. I don't really think he cares. If we can avoid getting pulled into it I think it will be a miracle. I hope your scenario is the one that happens.  A bigly bunch. Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 15, 2019 5:07 AM MDT

Is it me or does it seem like trump is determined to start a war somewhere during presidency? (he's not contented with the one he's stated here in the US).

The US is quick to condemn other countries when they do anything we deem "dangerous to the rest of the world", yet when we do the same things ourselves and other countries voice their concerns, we brand them an enemy or drop bombs on them.  Oh, you may say we don't do what these other countries do, but in reality we do (to an extent).  We just call it by different names.  

Let's see...
    which country is bent on world domination?
    Which country demands that the entire world do things it's way?
    Which country lives by the motto, "might makes right"?

The USA! 

Don't look at it from our standpoint, look at it from other countries (each country thinks they are the ones in the right).  If they did to us what we do to them do you think we'd stand for it? 

May 14, 2019 10:06 AM MDT

Remember John McCain and his"BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB Iran"? Remember John Bolton super hawk wanting war? Now remember how desperate the sb prez always is to change the subject when he is it? Well what better way to get folks to stop thinking about how many lies he's told, how many laws he has broken, how many lives he has destroyed but to start a war somewhere? So we'll see. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. It isn't just you. I think the sb prez is desperate to be commander-in-chief and move his toy soldiers around at will in some far-off war. It will be swell for the economy right?. :(
      May 14, 2019 11:20 AM MDT

Why, though? Didn't His Royal Orangeness triumphantly tweet that America was withdrawing troops because IS was defeated?
      May 15, 2019 5:11 AM MDT

Is Iran part of the Islamic State? No. 
      May 15, 2019 5:31 AM MDT

Is Iran a threat? Just barely. Was Iran a threat before Trump tore up the deal? Not at all.
      May 15, 2019 9:33 AM MDT

No I do not consider them a threat...but nothing wrong with reminding them why they are not a threat. 
    Iran was not following the agreement anyway. But the rest of the world is still in agreement (or was until Iran took themselves out recently)
      May 15, 2019 9:56 AM MDT

The deal gave the West the perfect excuse to keep an eye on them, and the US was the only really important player. Now the Iranians are free to do as they please with no checks and balances, and no reason NOT to develop WMDs.
      May 15, 2019 8:27 PM MDT

What Pres Trump did was prevent war with Iran by leaving the Obama deal. Under the Obama deal it took all of our nonmilitary, economically coercive options off the table. We had no way of confronting Iran in the region, or confronting their missile program, or confronting their support of terrorism, short of military action.

Now, we have the sanctions back to apply pressure the Iran gov. 
      May 16, 2019 6:10 AM MDT

It's time we realized that the West will never bend the Middle East to our way of life and leave them alone to kill off each other.  You can't win a theological war without killing off everyone who doesn't believe in western beliefs.  It's time to mind our own business and let them kill off each other. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at May 15, 2019 10:24 AM MDT
      May 15, 2019 8:24 AM MDT