Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Environment » I have asked this question in the past. Lots of BIRDS IN AIR none dead on ground. WHERE DID THEY GO????

I have asked this question in the past. Lots of BIRDS IN AIR none dead on ground. WHERE DID THEY GO????

WHERE are the dead ones?  Where do they land when they croak? 

Posted - May 15, 2019

Responses

• QUICK, CALL 911!  SHE'S HAD A STROKE! :P
      May 15, 2019 1:49 PM MDT

I've never seen a dead bird in the air ... unless it was falling to the ground.

Where are they? 
    Cats take them off the ground, and leave them under beds or in slippers or on the dining room table.
    LOL
      May 15, 2019 1:54 PM MDT

This is just denial in action.  WHERE ARE THE BODIES?  THERE ARE NOT 1,000,000 cats to eat them.  Where are the bones and carcasses?  We have about 4 cats on my block and at least 1,000 birds.  These cats are not fat.  And they have owners.  These birds can feed half of the country. 
      May 15, 2019 2:08 PM MDT

1 word:   SHARKNADO

The dead birds are eaten by all the sharks flying around up in the clouds.
      May 15, 2019 2:10 PM MDT

I have no words for your answer.

May 15, 2019 2:13 PM MDT

I annoy my friends and family with that song ... only I change the words for the titles of all the SyFy multi-head shark movies.

May 15, 2019 2:14 PM MDT

Nice.  I work in a Massage Spa and they have a TAPE.  It has about 300 songs on it.  And that is all.  And it plays over and over with no let up.  If you think that Baby Shark doo doo doo doo is mind numbing, just imagine hearing the same set of songs since last November.  I work every day, so I hear them ad nauseum.  And I was told that there is no way to change the stupid songs because the company is a corporation and that is the ONLY tape they allow.    Chinese water torture would be preferable.  
      May 16, 2019 1:14 AM MDT

I feel your torture.

The other day, I was getting a haircut and the gals were debating which radio station to listen to.
    1/3 of them wanted country, 1/3 wanted rock, and 1/3 wanted jazz.

I have a iPod with over 6500 songs, that I put in shuffle mode and play in my office.
    It has a bit of everything on it (except "gangsta rap" which I can't stand).

May 16, 2019 7:03 AM MDT

There can't be a dead bird suspended in the air because of gravity.  
      May 15, 2019 2:05 PM MDT

Can you tell me when they die, WHERE ARE THEY?  They disappear.  
      May 15, 2019 2:06 PM MDT

I would imagine that depending on where they die while in flight, they either land in a body of water or in trees.
      May 15, 2019 2:11 PM MDT

You will not mind if I laugh at you?  That is insane.  LOL 

I have seen ONE, ONE bird once dead I a tree and it was so weird, I took a picture of it.  Now.  How do you account for all the birds in the air in my town flying around and landing all over the place alive and no bodies of all these hundreds of birds are not anywhere in sight ever?  WHERE ARE THEY?  They are not in water, this is the desert, and they are not in  any tree. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 15, 2019 5:06 PM MDT
      May 15, 2019 2:15 PM MDT

They eaten by cats, dogs, wild animals, and other decomposers on the earth. People also dispose of them as well. 
      May 15, 2019 2:20 PM MDT

Have you ever seen any lying around?  As I said, there are not that many predators in my neighborhood and I see no dead bodies.  EVER.  They must have one heck of a sanitation department around here.  
      May 15, 2019 2:23 PM MDT

Yes, I have seen dead birds.  We had one get stuck in between our car's grill and headlight. That was nasty,  we had to go to the car wash to use the power hose to get it out. 

Also in hotter and humid areas bodies decompose faster. 
      May 15, 2019 2:58 PM MDT

I( have lived everywhere cold and hot.  No dead birds on ground ever.  I have seen a dead bird.  I know what a dead bird looks like.  I also know that there should be tons of dead bodies and jobs available for bird sweepers.  That is how many birds are flying around up there.  
      May 16, 2019 1:16 AM MDT

There are dead birds all over the place around here.  I shovel a few into my garbage can, but most get "recycled".  By "recycled" I mean other animals eat them (buzzards, crows, owls, mountain lions, raccoons, possums, skunks, cats  ... just to name a few), or they turn into a "pile of feathers" (feathers decompose slower so they last longer).  Nature has its way of taking care of things.  When something dies, Nature's "cleanup crew" is quick to respond (and they respond a lot faster than animal control).
      May 15, 2019 3:22 PM MDT

As others have already said, the natural decomposition cycle takes place. We have hawks that eat them, also. I have seen quite a few dead ones in our neighborhood. The real problem around here and the same question. We are plagued by deer in our city. They have no natural predators so they go as they please. What happens to them when they die? We have coyotes to scavenge them, but you would think the forest would be full of their bones. Bottom line answer for both questions...The forests and neighborhoods are MUCH larger than the biomes of animals. If one dies in the forest, its body is obcsured by the landscape.
      May 15, 2019 5:17 PM MDT

Sigh.  There are thousands of birds in the sky.  I don't see any dead ones lying around.  EVER.  I don't care if they are dead where you are.  I have been in Chicago all my life, I have been in Florida, I have been in Phoenix.   No corpses on the ground.  
      May 16, 2019 1:19 AM MDT

I'll ship you a few. There are birds in Phoenix?
      May 16, 2019 8:19 AM MDT

What a Carrion over a few dead Birds.....every living thing ever born gets cosumed in one way or another ,even if it's turned to ashes...
    Nature recycles everything but for plastic waste or synthetic compounds .....

In England ,only Frogs and Toads croak ... :) 
      May 16, 2019 2:46 AM MDT

My beloved cat leaves them lying outside from time to time. Sometimes if they're alive, I have to move them to a place of safety or persuade them out of the house. It's not happened for 25 years (with a previous cat), but last week I recognised the smell of a dead bird in my study from the last time; eventually I found the poor bird yesterday on top of my bureau after searching the rest of the room thoroughly.  This post was edited by Malizz at May 16, 2019 10:28 AM MDT
      May 16, 2019 5:21 AM MDT

I care for the animals.... For example, sometimes i throw old food outdoors so the squirrels or birds enjoy a free meal. I always imagined how hard it must be for them to find food... Thats why i throw old throwaway food to the animals.

May 16, 2019 11:02 AM MDT

I can see why someone would wonder.  Although I haven't seen a LOT of dead birds  lying around on the ground,  I have seen a fair amount of them.  The decompose pretty quickly, due to their lack of body density.  MY theory also is, that  like many other creatures....they  seek a  place hidden from the view of possible predators, when they are injured or ailing.  There are  bunches of squirrels  around where I live, and I don't see a lot of them lying around dead on the ground, either.   Not counting the ones I see that have been hit by a car, that is. :(   
      May 16, 2019 11:03 AM MDT