Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Care to EXPLAIN how Alabama is getting away with banning abortion? Isn't Alabama part of the USA which is PRO-Abortion?

Care to EXPLAIN how Alabama is getting away with banning abortion? Isn't Alabama part of the USA which is PRO-Abortion?

Posted - May 16, 2019

Responses

What do you mean "the USA . . . is PRO-abortion*?  I'm just asking you for clarification of your statement, I am not arguing not saying you're incorrect.  Thank you.
    ~

May 16, 2019 5:59 AM MDT

I mean that we already enacted the LAW of the LAND about abortion.  No state gets to punish a woman for this choice in America.    Do they?  This is America?  You live in Alabama and you have an abortion somewhere else , you go to jail?  Oh really?  

THIS IS HORRIFYING.  
      May 16, 2019 8:57 AM MDT

Alabama is not punishing women under this law.  The abortionist stands to face felony punishment.  
      May 16, 2019 5:44 PM MDT

I answered a similar question elsewhere but it bears repeating here. "Care to explain how Alabama is getting away with banning abortion"?  Roe v Wade does "not" supersede state law. The Constitution granted limited powers to the federal government, namely commerce and defense (Article 1, Section 8) Outside of a few restrictions on the states in Article I, Section 10, everything else is a state issue. As the Tenth Amendment says, “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.”

Roe v Wade turned the Tenth Amendment on its head, as the Supreme Court struck down state laws banning abortion on the basis that they that violated the "Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment" The Supreme Court invented this idea of “substantive” due process, which is code word for the Court doing whatever it sees fit. The bottom line here is that the Constitution provides no “right” to abortion, and no Supreme Court assertion changes this. Apart from a constitutional amendment, abortion is a state issue to be adjudicated by state legislatures. 

In addition, if a Supreme Court ruling is in contradiction to the Constitution, then states are obligated to ignore and obstruct the ruling. To do otherwise would be to substitute the rulings of the Court for the Constitution, a move that has and will continue to subvert our very system of government. Hopefully, that "explains" why Alabama is getting away with banning abortion. :)
      May 16, 2019 8:46 AM MDT

I'm vomiting as I am reading this.  But thank you for clarifying.  
      May 16, 2019 8:58 AM MDT

Thank you for the pick. :)
      May 16, 2019 7:49 PM MDT

Not quite. 
      May 16, 2019 5:45 PM MDT

cause a lot of people dont believe in abortions
      May 19, 2019 3:27 PM MDT