Discussion » Questions » Politics » Isn't the burning of the U.S. flag just darlin'?

Isn't the burning of the U.S. flag just darlin'?

Dems love it, so how is it not fitting they should be coined the DEATH TO AMERICA Party?

Posted - May 16, 2019

Responses

It's just a patterned peice of cloth...  Why  does it matter if you wish to burn it ? 
      May 16, 2019 4:56 PM MDT

• I guess it wouldn't matter if you didn't give a shet about making your country a better place instead of advocating its destruction. 
      May 16, 2019 6:36 PM MDT

Ameirica is certainty not the land of the free and I don't think it ever has been ,I'm sorry
    to say...
    England to has no track record to be proud of.....our so called Royalty has rapEd the world ....Fools like war monger Tony Blair has caused such terrible conflicts to......
      May 17, 2019 3:22 AM MDT

When people burn flags, they are desecrating what the flag stands for and not the piece of cloth being burned.  Most often people burn flags during political protests that do not represent what the flag does.  When burning our flag at a political protest, the flag becomes a sign of division and not unity.  The flag, a flag, any flag, represents the country that designed it. There have always been, are now, and always will be freedom-hating, divisive malcontents that will do what they feel they need to do to divide this country. Then they hide behind the First Amendment when they are called out for flag burning. What I'm wondering is where in the Constitution does it say flag burning is any sort of "speech"? :)
      May 16, 2019 8:13 PM MDT

It was the Supreme Court of the United States in Texas v. Johnson, that decided the issue of flag burning is considered "speech" under the Constitution. 

"The Supreme Court took the case [Johnson's appeal from a lower court decision against him], and in a very unusual majority, the Court voted 5-4 in favor of Johnson. Johnson’s actions, the majority argued, were symbolic speech political in nature and could be expressed even at the affront of those who disagreed with him."

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/inside-the-supreme-courts-flag-burning-decision/
      May 16, 2019 10:47 PM MDT

Not sure what you are referring to.  Have not heard of any instances of Democrats burning flags.  Many of them do not seem to have much respect for what many of us consider the best and greatest traditions of our country but rather think only of how they can change it to suit themselves.  Which I think is too bad. And kind of scary. 
      May 17, 2019 4:53 AM MDT