Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » How much money would you be willing to spend on the best tasting meal of your life? What meal would that be?

How much money would you be willing to spend on the best tasting meal of your life? What meal would that be?

Posted - May 19, 2019

Responses

• Well, now you know that bag I wear over my head has a  dual purpose....

May 19, 2019 10:36 AM MDT

• Wheel of meat sounds amazing.
      May 19, 2019 9:56 AM MDT

i wouldnt , its not that irnportant for rne to do that
      May 19, 2019 9:57 AM MDT

• At this point in life?  $50 I'd say.   I'm so past handing money over for luxuries.
      May 19, 2019 10:09 AM MDT

May 19, 2019 11:00 AM MDT

A man after my own heart!  Right On!!
    I'll take you out to dinner any time Element and won't spend any more than 20 bucks for both of us!  Big Smiles!!
      May 19, 2019 3:38 PM MDT

Please don't hate me but I've always had a problem spending money on something I'm just going to poop out.
    Surprisingly, even drinks, too. 
    I'd rather make my drinks and food and home.
    Granted, I still do go out and spend money on dinner with Don and my family and friends but I grimace every time.
    The last most expensive dinner Don and I had was my birthday last year. It's my birthday today, by the way, ;) and we are going out to dinner at 5.  His choice of the restaurant but he is going to wear a tie.  This clues me into how much the cost is going to be and what I should wear as well.
    The higher the heel, the more the meals seem to cost. ;)
    Last year, the bill came to 278 dollars not counting tip.  We did have a bottle of wine as well so that jacked the dining experience up a bit.  
    We'll see how much it is tonight.  
    As a general rule, I would spend 20 bucks, tops.  that is including any of the spices I did not grow personally.  No drinks.  :) :)
    Sorry.  Food just doesn't interest me that much. 

May 19, 2019 3:35 PM MDT

Happy birthday. I hope you enjoyed your meal. I am with you about food. I eat enough to stay alive and not be hungry. Putting down $50 for a meal is ridiculous.
      May 19, 2019 5:56 PM MDT

Happy! Happy! Thank you for my birthday wish.  I had a wonderful time. :) :)
    I agree.  Last night was delicious, however, we Did spend over $50.  I think much of the price of the meal includes the ambiance you choose and the service you receive.
    Still, it's like going to a movie in the theater.  Especially with the TVs people have today.  Unless it some GREAT Syfy movie that really demands special effects with all the glory it can muster, going to the movies is not worth the cost.  Don't tell all my movie-star friends I just said that!
    Big Giggles!  I don't have any movie-star friends that I know of.  ;) :).
    It's Always wonderful to see you, my dear! :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at May 20, 2019 3:42 PM MDT
      May 20, 2019 3:26 PM MDT

First sentence.  I don't hate you, it's why I don't like to buy fresh, cut flowers either.  Not the poop part, but the dying and having to throw them out and nothing to show for it part.  
      May 19, 2019 11:31 PM MDT

That is Totally True!  When I give flowers, I give living little plants.  Like last year, for example, I gave little poinsettias to our neighbors with cards. On Easter, I grow my own grass for the baskets.  It's fun and people seem to respond well.  :) :) 
    We had a very nice dinner.
    If you are still interested, the bill was 100 bucks less than the year before.  The ambiance was different as was the food.
    2 years ago we went to a seafood restaurant on the water.  This year we went to a restaurant in the mountains.
    180 degrees different from one another.  
    It was still a stiletto night.  I wore a black pair. Big Smiles! This post was edited by Merlin at May 20, 2019 3:43 PM MDT
      May 20, 2019 3:37 PM MDT

Nothing ....my Grand Parents and parents have never once charged us for eating in their homes...:)
      May 19, 2019 4:25 PM MDT

Interesting responses---

A complete dining experience can be as memorable as a beautiful sunset depending on who one is with and what one is celebrating (or beginning).

I like wine a lot, but mostly the "sweeter" white desert whites as opposed to any reds---and I am personally not a fan of champagne.

And except for a $4000+ bottle of Montrachet---which I would not drink while distracted by anything else, like food---I enjoy the Rhine and Mosel valley whites a lot, and even an occasional Hungarian Tokaji Asu.

As to a meal by itself, prime grade meat and jumbo lobster tails---either as surf & turf or individually---would be something I would be willing to spend up to few hundred bucks for; I can't imagine that happening frequently (since it never has before.)

As a young man, I always wanted to try Kobe and Wagyu beef, but I lost interest in that about 45 years ago.  (I don't know why.)
      May 20, 2019 4:01 PM MDT