Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Have you ever noticed that seafood dishes taste much better when the restaurant has a good view of the ocean where it came from?

Have you ever noticed that seafood dishes taste much better when the restaurant has a good view of the ocean where it came from?

Posted - May 19, 2019

Responses

No.  I've eaten at many waterfront restaurants.  Being waterfront is an aesthetic enhancer. 
      May 20, 2019 12:27 AM MDT

No have never noticed that. Not that I have had many meals in seaside restaurants.  A few times.   One of the best and most famous seafood restaurants I have been to was in fact on a bay next to a river that emptied into the ocean a couple of miles to the east. 
      May 20, 2019 5:06 AM MDT

Oh yes.  The Mc Donald's in Lake Pleasant is much better than the one in Sun City.  
      May 20, 2019 7:23 AM MDT

no, i havent noticed that
      May 20, 2019 5:43 PM MDT

Once I ate fish at the Living Seas exhibit at Disney World.  They have (or had) a restaurant shaped like theater and you could watch all the delicious ficious (fishes) swim around while you were eating.  It was the most memorable meal out that I've had so far.  The food was good, but that's not what made the experience so great.
      May 20, 2019 11:23 PM MDT