Active Now

Randy D
Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever try to "make up for lost time"? How'd it go?

Ever try to "make up for lost time"? How'd it go?

Posted - May 20, 2019

Responses

I've never lost time.
    But I have had multiple projects demanding to use the same time.
    If I can't decide which project has a higher priority - I have my boss decide.
         Then if there's any question of "why didn't you do this project first" - the blame doesn't rest on me.

The only thing I've tried to make up, is lost sleep.
    But I hear that scientists say you can never "make up" lost sleep - and it seems that way to me.

May 20, 2019 10:17 AM MDT

Really? I have multiple times for a variety of reasons and a variety of circumstances. For example. Assuming something and acting upon it only to discover the assuming was misguided. I lost time going down the wrong street. Had to backtrack and get back to where I could go down the right street. Had I gone down the right street in the beginning I would not have lost any time at all.  Or for another example. Trusting in someone to be whom he said he was and discovering he was not that person at all. WASTED TIME. Wasted time is LOST TIME to me. Thank you for your reply Walt.  There are other examples I could give you but what's the point? Never having ever experienced it yourself I would be wasting my breath because you would be totally unable to relate to it! SIGH. Thank you for your reply.

This post was edited by RosieG at May 20, 2019 1:53 PM MDT
      May 20, 2019 1:52 PM MDT

Oh, I guess you could say I have "wasted" time ... but usually I don't consider it a loss, because I've always learned something from it.
      May 20, 2019 1:59 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Walt. I think some words mean different things to you than they do to me. It happens! :)
      May 20, 2019 2:00 PM MDT

I just had a thought ... I do lose time, when they have the "hour forward" switch.
    I hope the west coast states pass their legislation to do away with that change each year.
      May 20, 2019 2:09 PM MDT

Hawaii stays the same as does Arizona or most of it. I think whatever the reason was generations ago....harvesting I think...is long-since gone and to keep doing it just because we always have is stupid dumb! I'm gonna ask about it kinda. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      May 21, 2019 4:37 AM MDT

It went well Rosie....I just bought a new cheap wristwatch....:) D
      May 20, 2019 1:58 PM MDT

What's the life of it D? You get what you pay for. How long should it last for you to think you got a great deal? A week?  A day? Exactly how do you make up for lost time by buying a CHEAP watch? Wouln't buying a Rolex get the job done better faster and IN STYLE? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee! :)
      May 20, 2019 2:04 PM MDT

I don't own or want any expensive watch Rosie....my phone tells me the time if I ask it politely...:) 
    I don't have or wear any jelwery either...:) 
      May 20, 2019 2:19 PM MDT

Between thee and me I think Rolex watches are ugly. Very mannish and sterile made of metal that looks like shelving in a warehouse. The most beautiful watch I've ever seen I bought at an outlet store in Cabazon, California about 25 years ago. It is the MOVADO museum piece watch. Very simple very understated very elegant very beautiful. It retailed for $1000 at the time and I bought it at the Movado outlet store for $500! I don't regret it. It is to my eyes the most beautiful watch I've ever seen. I'm not a diamonds gal. I don't like in-your-face GARISH LARGE FLASHY which I think is quite vulgar. I like PAVE diamonds. Those are the very very tiny ones. The most beautiful wedding band I ever saw was in Tiffany's once upon a time. Complete band was made up of pave diamonds. At the time it was $6000! I tried it on. My daughter-in-law at the time and son were with us and she tried one on too and totally fell in love with it. I expect it costs a lot more now if they even make it. If money were no object we both would be wearing them. I'm happy with the ring Jim gave me of course. But that pave ring! WOW!  I'm not a jewelry person either except for the rings Jim and my son gave me. Around my neck I wear a chain with a golden unicorn my son gave me 35 years ago...a diamondy heart(not real diamonds) Jim gave me and a tiny pearl he gave  me. I never wear earrings or bracelets. I'm not into all that stuff.Thank you for your reply D and Happy Tuesday to thee! :)
      May 21, 2019 4:36 AM MDT