Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you support PARDONING members of the military convicted of committing WAR CRIMES? The sb prez is considering it. Should he do it?

Do you support PARDONING members of the military convicted of committing WAR CRIMES? The sb prez is considering it. Should he do it?

Posted - May 20, 2019

Responses

No, I don't believe war crimes should be pardoned.  The only pardons I would agree on would be those who may have been wrongly convicted, convicted and sentenced to long sentences for relatively minor crimes with no personal injuries to victims or those who have served their entire sentences and don't deserve to have that record follow them for the rest of their lives.
      May 20, 2019 8:47 AM MDT

Me too L! Thank you for your reply!  :)
      May 20, 2019 1:33 PM MDT

I don't believe the President has that authority.
    War crimes are handled by an international court under international law - and the President can only pardon federal (American) crimes.
    So I guess he could pardon them for violating US Military Law - but they could still be tried by an international court for war crimes.
      May 20, 2019 9:45 AM MDT

The sb prez is ALWAYS on the side of the perp and against the vic so it makes sense that he wants to pardon the beastly savage massacre slaughterer murderers and so he probably shall. Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Monday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 20, 2019 1:36 PM MDT
      May 20, 2019 1:35 PM MDT

No.  That's overstepping his authority.  But then again, he does see himself as a king.  So, in his mind a king can do whatever he wants.

No one should be pardoned unless they weren't guilty or the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Letting criminals "off the hook" because one feels sorry for them, or "just because one can" is a slp in the face of justice.

May 20, 2019 2:12 PM MDT

I just read a short blip about some pol taking the sb prez to task mentioning that he didn't even serve in the military. I don't know if that really has anything to do with anything but it does exemplify his disdain for people of color worldwide not just in America. The value of a human life varies a lot I guess according to whether the person is "good" or not so hot. How do you pardon someone for committing crimes against humanity Shuhak? How monstrous do you have to be to do that? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday. He is always on the side of the wrongdoer. That doesn't even almost make sense to me. Does it to thee?
      May 21, 2019 3:01 AM MDT