Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » In the HEREAFTER assuming there is one how will we recognize one another without our bodies to differentiate us?

In the HEREAFTER assuming there is one how will we recognize one another without our bodies to differentiate us?

The Corporeal part is dust to dust. What's left goes on, lives on, is "saved". Do all souls "look alike"? Ever wonder about that?

Posted - May 23, 2019

Responses

I have a perception that our mind/bodies are like snowflakes in the worldly existence  -no two alike then the hereafter is like falling into an ocean of 'consciousness'; no individuality just a different dimension of existence.  No awareness of time,  space or material stuff. 
      May 23, 2019 7:19 AM MDT

So will you and I meet in the hereafter Kg? Will we recognize our parents and friends and children? Maybe it will be telepathic or something? We will be drawn to one another somehow by some means beyond our understanding as we are now? Thank you for your poetic and comforting reply. I seriously like it. :) ((hugs))
      May 23, 2019 7:28 AM MDT

I suppose there could be some sort of connections between personalities in the hereafter. Would be nice. Gotta wait and see. Just hope possibility of connection to those you were never too fond of are voided.
      May 23, 2019 7:42 AM MDT

Oh my gosh Kg. I did not once consider that. Oh geez! Oy vey!  Well if it is truly Heaven then maybe that will automatically be taken care of?  What is worrisome though are those one-way street relationships where one person is obsessed with a person who can't stand the obsessed one. Maybe the obsessed go elsewhere?  I'm gonna ask. One can hope. Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 23, 2019 7:47 AM MDT

Maybe all the 'bad' remains left in the worldly existence and all and everyone's existence in the hereafter abides in a state of innocence 
      May 23, 2019 7:56 AM MDT

Again I like the picture you paint. It is poetic m'dear. Abiding is a lovely word...so is innocence. Coupling the two is divine. Thank you for your reply. I guess all we have to do now is wait and see! :)
      May 23, 2019 8:04 AM MDT

The Bible says we will know each other. So that is what I believe.
    The disciples knew Jesus by sight so I figure we will recognize each other as well.
      May 23, 2019 8:23 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Friday to thee! :)
      May 24, 2019 3:53 AM MDT

• In the gospel of Luke chapter 16 there is a well known parable told of "The rich man and Lazarus". It tales of their life here on earth and how each one through his actions ended up in particular places of eternal residence after death.  Lazarus finding himself in paradise, the bosom of Abraham (essentially Heaven).  The rich man doomed to eternal torment.  The text clearly states that both men are keenly aware of whom they themselves are now and were in their past life. and that they also recognize each other.  They are seemingly able to peer at one another across a great divide.  Within the story mention is even made ithrough their conversation of family members who are still alive on Earth, as the punished rich man pleads and implores that his loved ones recieve warning to change their ways lest they meet the same terrible fate.  From this tale it seems quite clear that we not only take our conscience with us into the great beyond but also recognizable features of some sort as well.
      May 23, 2019 9:39 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful contribution to this discussion TD. I appreciate it! :)
      May 24, 2019 3:55 AM MDT

We have been told to limit speculation about "heaven," but I'll paint a possibility---

Each of us, no matter his intelligence, education, or mental health has a "personality"---the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual's distinctive character.

Perhaps we will be able to recognize that "personality" when only its perfections are evident.

May 23, 2019 10:00 AM MDT

What a loverly thought that is tom. I expect what we can "know" will be hugely expanded after we move on from here. We are certainly limited here on earth and maybe when those limitations are removed all will be understood. Thank you for your reply and Happy  Friday! :)
      May 24, 2019 3:57 AM MDT

Hi Rosie, how have you been?

Those resurrected to everlasting life on earth will likely resemble that they looked like before, minus imperfections. 
    Those resurrected to heaven as well as on earth will be recognizable by their personalities, mannerisms, way of speech, etc.

Although in spirit from, Jehovah, Jesus, angels know who is who in heaven. When Jesus was resurrected as a spirit, he appeared in different forms some 40 days before returning to heaven. Sometimes he was physically recognizable to the disciples, sometimes they did not recognize him until he spoke.

Notice I did not use one verse. All of that is from memory so don't quote me on that if I said it wrong.
      May 23, 2019 3:29 PM MDT

Hi there tex! Long time no "see". We're doing okay. Hope the same is true for you and yours. Thank you for your thoughtful exposition in response to my question. I'm pretty sure what we don't understand here and now will become known when we move on. Maybe all our limitations will be removed. Happy Friday and thanks for touching base m'dear! :) ((hugs)).
      May 24, 2019 3:59 AM MDT