Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Music » Was Barack Obama the very model of a modern US president?

Was Barack Obama the very model of a modern US president?

Posted - May 24, 2019

Responses

:)

That woman looks AMAZINGLY like Michelle!
      May 24, 2019 10:24 PM MDT

And I like this guy's singing voice.
      May 24, 2019 10:36 PM MDT

He was a model of what a president is not.  He is a rock-star character.  
      May 25, 2019 12:34 AM MDT

Many people were disappointed with his performance. 
      May 25, 2019 12:58 AM MDT

I like to think that person is yet to come. The closest example, at least to
    me, was FDR. 
    Obama is a class act, but was a largely ineffective President, IMO. 
      May 25, 2019 4:43 AM MDT

I wonder how much of his ineffectiveness stemmed from the GOP deciding even before he took the oath of office to stonewall anything and everything he proposed.  
      May 25, 2019 10:53 AM MDT

Indeed. Kentucky toolbag Mitch McConnell publicly vowed to make Obama a one-term president, even BEFORE his inauguration. That didn’t work out, except to brand ol’ Mitch as a racist and a partisan moron.
    Sadly the inbreds continue to re-elect this disgrace. 
      May 25, 2019 4:32 PM MDT

In the sense that he was a good guy, well-educated, well-meaning and fraught with obstacles?  Yes, he did a good job.  Compared to many other presidents, he was one of the best.  He tried to model himself as a respectable leader that other people would be proud to emulate.  He was a good man and a good family man and a good conscientious guide to live by.

He was human and he had faults.  He had an ego.  He made a lot of errors.  At some points, I felt like he just gave up and handed his reign to the GOP who kept voting against all his ideas.  But compared to TRUMP?

EVEN the worst President we have had does not come near to this.  NO ONE DOES.  I compare him to the worst despots who ever lived.  NOT BECAUSE OF WHAT HE HAS DONE.  HE DID NOT PUT LIVING BODIES INTO A GAS CHAMBER.  NO.   

BUT HE WOULD.  
    And THAT is the ONLY difference.  He would.  IN A HEARTBEAT. If it kept his sorry A$$ out of jail and a foreign country who kills people like that, gasses them, would save him in some way if he helped them kill people?  HE WOULD DO IT IN A HEARTBEAT.

HE IS THE SAME KIND OF KILLER.  HE IS THE SAME KIND OF RULER.  HE IS A RULER AND A KILLER, BABY.

May 25, 2019 11:00 AM MDT