Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Bills the HOUSE has passed travel to the Senate where they all die a terrible death. Your gubment in action folks. For your pleasure, right?

Bills the HOUSE has passed travel to the Senate where they all die a terrible death. Your gubment in action folks. For your pleasure, right?

Y'all are pleased aren'tcha? Your mitch is doing the same great job he done done during the Obama years. NOTHING.  Anything the sb prez wants he gets from mitch. What the country NEEDS and the citizens (a majority of them) want is irrelevant to him. That toady sycophant has some connection to Russia which connects him to the Russia-loving sb prez. Investments perhaps? Financial ties are the ties that bind all greedy SOB's. The mitch may be one of 'em. It behooves him to make life easy for the sp prez since they are in league in some ways unknown to the "little people". What else is new? We know they love money more than country or its citizens or right or justice or truth or honor. They get off on it. SIGH.

Posted - May 25, 2019

Responses

They have confirmed many judges.

Passed:
    Disaster relief
    An Anti-robo call bill
    A bill to protect millions of acres of public lands
    A bill protecting salmon
    Bill for prison reform
    Reformed taxes
    etc, etc. etc.....

May 25, 2019 10:02 AM MDT

I'm sure that people who are losing their jobs because an auto factory is closing down or some other major is closing or a business has moved to a foreign country will be very happy to know that Congress is doing something about robo-calls, protecting salmon and reforming taxes that gives more money to people who don't need it.
      May 25, 2019 11:15 AM MDT

Jobs leaving talk to Obama and his taxes and regulations.  More jobs have returned to this country than was thought possible. Reforming of taxes is about keeping jobs here in the US and so are the tariffs.  It is about time someone stands up for the American worker.  Crazy that countries charge us a tariff or are subsided by their gov but we do not return the favor. And then these people have the nerve to call it "Free Trade". 

Trump found that "magic wand" for jobs Obama was talking about.

Blue-collar jobs are growing at their fastest rate in more than 30 years, helping fuel a hiring boom in many small towns and rural areas that are strong supporters of President Trump ahead of November's midterm elections.

Jobs in goods-producing industries — mining, construction and manufacturing — grew 3.3 percent in the year preceding July, the best rate since 1984, according to a Washington Post analysis.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/09/09/under-trump-jobs-boom-has-finally-reached-blue-collar-workers-will-it-last/?utm_term=.687b308edf32

This post was edited by my2cents at May 25, 2019 7:32 PM MDT
      May 25, 2019 12:10 PM MDT

So you think coal mining is coming back.  Good luck with that.  Ford is cutting 7000 workers.  Farmers re getting creamed with Trump's tariff war.  We, the taxpayers, are having to contribute billions of dollars to help make up for what they aren't selling or can't grow.  Trump is adding to the national debt at a rate never seen before and you think this bodes well for the country?  
      May 25, 2019 4:09 PM MDT

I know coal mining is coming back. I have seen it in my home state (IL). If I wanted a job coal mining I could have it tomorrow. 
    At least Ford is cutting white collar jobs and not the regular workers...that is a switch. 
    Funny how no one cared about the debt under Obama. 
      May 25, 2019 5:43 PM MDT

You're talking perhaps about fracking which is worse for the earth than regular mining.  Coal is neither clean burning nor environmentally friendly.  What does it matter is Ford is cutting white collar or blue collar jobs?  7000 people will be out of work.  Obama didn't increase the debt as much in his first term as Trump increased it in his first two years.
      May 25, 2019 5:57 PM MDT

No, I am talking about coal mining jobs. 
    https://www.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=Coal&l=Illinois
      May 25, 2019 7:28 PM MDT

Did you take a good look at those listings?  Some of them are for bakeries.  They are not all coal mining jobs.  In fact, few of them are.

"In the most recent jobs report, the mining industry accounted for 183,300 jobs. But that includes a lot of mining unrelated to coal and a lot of support occupations, too: supervisors, truck drivers and so on. In May 2015, there were 69,460 jobs in coal mining itself — only 15,900 of which were extraction workers or helpers, mining machine operators or earth drillers."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/03/20/there-are-fewer-coal-miners-than-you-might-realize/?noredirect&utm_term=.af11f85f4cb3 This post was edited by SpunkySenior at May 25, 2019 8:31 PM MDT
      May 25, 2019 8:30 PM MDT

There were are least separate 15 listings for coal mining jobs. 
    Yes there were other jobs that also showed up because "Coal" was in the name of the town. 

I am from this area, I still have family there and I know the mines are open and hiring. 
      May 25, 2019 8:44 PM MDT

:):):)
      May 26, 2019 4:34 AM MDT

Hello Spunky Senior
    About the national debt...Trump , although close, has not equalled what Obama added to the debt. President Obama added an average of 1.16 trillion per year, President Trump's has averaged 991 billion per year. so we have indeed seen a higher rate
      May 25, 2019 5:58 PM MDT

OK, I stand corrected.  However, Trump has only been in office two years.  Now he's giving billions of dollars to farmers who are hurting due to the mess he created with the tariff situation.  Which group will need a bailout next?  
      May 25, 2019 6:05 PM MDT

The tariffs will help. But they may hurt before they help. That is why they may get a bailout. 
    If if backfires and does not help then Trump will pay for it on 2020.
      May 25, 2019 6:37 PM MDT

No, dear, WE, the taxpayers will pay for it no matter how it goes.  
      May 25, 2019 7:24 PM MDT

Hello again Spunky Senior.

I don't know which group will need a bailout, it seems every president bails somebody, or some entity out, whether it is the car companies, the banks, savings and loans, it is a long list..
    16 billion is pretty small compared to other bailouts which have occurred in the past.
    I voted for Trump, however I do agree that some arguments can be made against him and where he has erred, I would stand next to you in protest, but we should be correct in our complaints... This post was edited by designer at May 25, 2019 7:29 PM MDT
      May 25, 2019 6:47 PM MDT

Yes, every president bails someone out, but in Trump's case, this bailout is needed because of the mess he created with the tariffs.

You may also recall that the automotive industry eventually paid back every penny that was loaned to them with interest.  Not a bad deal as it turns out.  Certainly better than Bush Sr. bailing out the banks and insurance companies and getting little to nothing in return.  
      May 25, 2019 7:23 PM MDT

GM did pay the debt portion of that bail out, not with earning but rather with TARP ( troubled asset relief program) money which had been put into an escrow account should GM need it in the future, to avoid this GM agreed to turn over 60% of the company to the government, so out of some 40 billion given to GM they only paid back 6 something billion to actual debt. Not as good a deal at it may seem...there is also the issue of the 2.5 billion in loans GM took from the union health care accounts, this was a 9% loan as compared to the 7% loan under TARP, which actually lost 100 billion of tax payer money...the union money has yet to be paid back...
      May 25, 2019 7:54 PM MDT

:):):)
      May 26, 2019 4:33 AM MDT

:):):):):):):):):):) ((hugs))
      May 26, 2019 4:31 AM MDT