Active Now

Randy D
Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What did Jesus eat? Fish? (carnivore) or just loaves? (vegan)

What did Jesus eat? Fish? (carnivore) or just loaves? (vegan)

Posted - May 25, 2019

Responses

I bet he ate lot of differents stuffs. bread and fishes included. as we can read in the bible, he shared fishes and bread with a huge crowd. every one was fed. 
      May 25, 2019 8:42 PM MDT

HAH...He was not a vegetarian or vegan. Thanks.
      May 25, 2019 8:48 PM MDT

• WWJE?
      May 25, 2019 9:32 PM MDT

Fish are not the diet of carnivores. Meat is.  

Fish is pescavore.

Jesus was a Jewish Pescavore.  And I will kill anybody who says differently.  Because?  I am a TRUE CHRISTIAN.  
      May 25, 2019 10:15 PM MDT

Is being a self-described hater of someone a part of being a true Christian?

:(

This post was edited by Randy D at July 28, 2019 7:59 PM MDT
      May 25, 2019 10:20 PM MDT

...being a self...
      July 28, 2019 6:23 PM MDT

Edited. Thanks.

~
      July 28, 2019 8:04 PM MDT

Jesus ate fish.  If he didn’t want us to eat animals, he wouldn’t have made them out of meat.
      May 25, 2019 10:17 PM MDT

Jesus didn't officiate on meat or anything eaten by anyone.  I think he even drank wine, didn't he?   Back in that day and age, we did not have animals injected with hormones and force-fed in cages either.  Jesus ate what men of his age ate.  But I promise you NO JESUS on EARTH would condone the treatment of animals and how they are killed and eaten in this day and age.  It is not for survival.  It is for a snack and the animal oftentimes does not even get to see the light of day for their entire lifetime of misery and suffering.  YUMMY.  Jesus did not sign up for that. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 26, 2019 3:01 PM MDT
      May 25, 2019 10:20 PM MDT

That sure seems like pure speculation on your part, along with a lot of selective and self-serving editorializing.  If you're against human consumption of meat, fine, but it's not an automatic platform that states it took place differently thousands of years ago.  Some (not all) of the modern-day practices for slaughtering animals derive from ancient practices.  Remember also that there was a history of animal sacrificing that dated back to the times of the Old Testament, and not all of it was based on religion and even then, on the religion of Christianity.  Even though animal sacrifice for Christianity may have dissipated when The Son of God was among us in the flesh, there's no proof that slaughter disappeared completely.   If there's scripture-based reference to what Jesus ate or did not eat, it may be the only record of it.  For you to surmise that everything was wonderous and beautifully done during the time Jesus walked the earth in the New Testament would have to be backed by evidence, not merely rose-colored happy-talk.

~

May 25, 2019 10:33 PM MDT

Do I have to read that?  W9ll there be tildes in that answer?  I'm hungry.   I think I'll have a nice tomato sandwich wrapped in lettuce leaves.

Randy.  Are you seriously going to tell me that you think it is okay how animals are slaughtered?  

Have a nice vegan sandwich and come into the future.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 25, 2019 10:41 PM MDT
      May 25, 2019 10:38 PM MDT

Why can't you read for comprehension?  Nowhere did I state that I condone, advocate, agree with, like or vote for how animals are slaughtered.  I didn't write that I was either for it or against it, I didn't state my position on it at all.  If you can point out anywhere that I did, you'll eat my hat.

~

May 25, 2019 11:07 PM MDT

To eat meat is to condone it.  You cannot sit on the fence.  You eat meat.  You enable.  Case closed.  GUILTY AS CHARGED
      May 27, 2019 12:41 PM MDT

So I love a nice steak or lamb chop once in a while. Shoot me.
      May 27, 2019 12:52 PM MDT

Sharon, do you assume that not eating meat is an act that on its own renders 
    you into some kind of bastion of goodness and light, that by itself makes you better in every way than a person who does eat meat?  There are things that you do in your life that can be connected to negativity, even if you e never committed that negative act. Do you own anything made of plastic, or that contains plastic?  You just killed off seven species of marine life.  Have you ever pressed your foot on the accelerator of a gas-powered vehicle and spewed exhaust into the air?  Nice going, the ozone layer says hello to the Swiss cheese pattern you left in it. Is your current residence sitting on land that was once roamed freely by Native Americans before Anglo-Saxon genocide took over?  Congrats, you displaced their families. 

You're not the only one who can put a far-fetched spin on things. 
    _

May 27, 2019 5:55 PM MDT

ROFLMFAO ....❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
      July 29, 2019 1:04 AM MDT

I think you will find that man made myths can't devour any thing but weak minds ....:( 
      May 26, 2019 3:59 AM MDT

Assuming Jesus lived, in first century Palestine, as a Jew he would have observed a kosher diet common to all Jews of that time. Meats from only land animals with cloven hooves or that chew their cud. Certain fishes, but no shellfish. 
    It is unlikely there were many strict vegetarians at that time, as the amount of produce available in that desert region would have been pretty limited. Food of any type would have been a boon to a wandering ex-carpenter and his band of underemployed followers, whom the OT describes as often visiting upon the good graces of locals. This post was edited by Don Barzini at May 27, 2019 5:56 PM MDT
      May 26, 2019 4:55 AM MDT

Why would God want any living thing that can feel pain allow them to be ripped to pieces and torn apart in such horricfic ways....If he ever did exist ,he must have been one evil vicious jerk to enflict such horrors on any living feeling creature...
      May 26, 2019 5:10 AM MDT

A quick Google search reveals the answer.  Jesus' diet was any diet people want to project onto him.

Chick-Fil-A is real popular with Christians for some reason so yeah, that's where Jesus would eat.  That's the diet I'm projecting onto him.  He'll have the Smokehouse BBQ Bacon Combo with a large lemonade.  He'll also have the Frosted Key Lime shake and a chocolate chip cookie for desert.  

Mmm, my new Jesus diet sounds delicious! This post was edited by Livvie at May 29, 2019 12:33 PM MDT
      May 27, 2019 12:32 PM MDT

CLAP CLAP.  I'm serious.  Just a great answer.  
      May 27, 2019 12:39 PM MDT

Jesus Sanchez eats tacos, enchiladas, and burritos.
      May 27, 2019 12:51 PM MDT

Wasn't he a Puerto Rican bantamweight? (Please correct spelling.)
      May 29, 2019 12:35 PM MDT

Many years ago I came across a nutrition book that listed the typical foods available during the time that Jesus was on earth.  The book is probably buried in some box in the garage, but I was able to find a site that seems to have accurate information:

https://www.superfoodly.com/what-did-jesus-eat-food-in-the-bible/
      May 29, 2019 12:50 PM MDT