Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You can be a "preacher" and not believe a word you say. All ya gotta do is convince others you do. How many PHONY preachers are there?

You can be a "preacher" and not believe a word you say. All ya gotta do is convince others you do. How many PHONY preachers are there?

Pols preach all the time. How many are phonies? How many have gone after the LGBTQ community who are in the closet and pretend they hate so folks won't suspect them of being one of "them"? How many "family" men who attack promiscuity and betrayal have pregnant mistresses on the side?
Talk is cheap. Liars are cheaper. They will say anything it takes to convince the gullible. They don't have to live or believe what they preach they just have to pretend they do. How many pretenders are out there among you pretending you believe when you don't believe at all? Wouldja like to know or d'ya think everyone is better off being conned scammed duped?

Posted - May 27, 2019

Responses

• There are as many phony preachers as there are phony teachers. You could also add any profession or vocation to the discussion, but those two are probably the most pernicious. At least they are the ones capable of the most damage. Either one could make a used car salesman look like a saint.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 27, 2019 5:53 AM MDT
      May 27, 2019 5:51 AM MDT

I can't give you an exact number, but I do think that televangelists are the absolute biggest charlatans.  I believe they use religion in a way that would have Jesus turning in his grave.  They spout godliness, but it's all for show.  They live lavish lifestyles scamming people out of their money and they hold their audiences captive by fear - fear that if they don't live a particular way in life, they will be damned to hell for eternity.  
      May 27, 2019 6:37 AM MDT

They are the ones who say "GOD WANTS US TO BE RICH". "SEND IN YOUR DONATIONS"! And the dam* fools do just that. What a scam. Right out in the open. You can fool some of the people all of the time if they are fools. Another question. I agree with thee. I haven't seen/heard one that didn't should SHYSTER LIAR by his/her very existence. Those they fool just love them. Go figger! Thank you for your reply L. :)
      May 27, 2019 6:44 AM MDT

I think some people are so desperate to be a part of something bigger than they are that they will fall for whatever line that shyster is spouting.  
      May 27, 2019 6:59 AM MDT

You're absotively posilutely right about that L! I read something about the desperate "NEED TO BELONG" to something.. be part of something...that drives people to join militant groups racist groups hate groups. Can you imagine being willing/eager to stoke hate just to belong and be accepted? It's definitely a DEFECT in some homo saps in my opinion.  Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 27, 2019 7:21 AM MDT

It's the same reason people join gangs - to be a part of something and not be alone.  
      May 27, 2019 7:22 AM MDT

Loads Rosie, and making millions. 
      May 27, 2019 2:43 PM MDT

Hypocrites.  Do as I say, not as I do.

Nearly all televangelists are phonies.  All they want is money and notoriety.   They're nothing more than glamorous con men (and women).   They twist God's Word so that it says what they want it to, thereby duping many naive people and giving them a sense of false hope.  While they may put on a good show, few do what they preach.

As for other orators, you're right - talk is cheap.  But foolish people listen and believe.  The more charismatic an orator, the more people will believe them.  People are easily fooled.  Did you know that if you wear a white smock (like a doctor's smock) your words will automatically have more credibility?  We tend to assume that anyone who holds a position are are more likely to tell us the truth (doctors, nurses, police officers, presidents). Likewise, people who have lots of money are also more likely to be believed than those who don't.
      May 27, 2019 3:47 PM MDT