Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Music » Where have I heard this song?

Where have I heard this song?

I've always enjoyed the song but I now can't seem to recall where I've heard it and I'm associating it with something other than just the song itself but I don't know what - - was it used in a movie? TV show? Commercial? Yes, I realize that none of you may be able to help, ha! It's my weird mind at it again.

Boy, does this female vocalist ever kick some a**!
:)

Posted - May 27, 2019

Responses

May 27, 2019 10:16 AM MDT

Hi SavvyAnsley!
    Thanks for helping! I've looked through all those titles and I've seen many of them but it seems like I've heard the song repeatedly in something  that is somehow very familiar to me and none of the titles jogged my memory in a big way.
      May 27, 2019 10:27 AM MDT

May 27, 2019 10:32 AM MDT

I don't think that's it, either. But bless your heart for your efforts! Jennifer Hudson can sing to me any day!
      May 27, 2019 10:42 AM MDT

Walmart and Energizer commercials featured it, too. I feel like it was in another movie that's not listed, too. 

You're welcome! :)
      May 27, 2019 10:52 AM MDT

I just listened again -- somehow I'm still associating it with 'something,' a good 'something,' that I've experienced a lot. Weird.
      May 27, 2019 3:34 PM MDT

At the moment, I'm now thinking it may be because the song is on a  CD collection of songs -- the first volume of "Jock Jams."
    A friend had given me a copy of the entire CD. I don't remember listening THAT much to it but I do think that is where I am making the connection -- just hearing it in the 'background' as I listened to it. Though, this song must have stuck out to me - - I looked at the other songs on it and only three or four are songs I can hear in my head still, and this Snap song is one of those songs that I still 'hear.' on my own. I do still like this Snap song a lot.
    Thanks, again!

Jockjams1.jpg

May 27, 2019 10:49 AM MDT

You could have heard it anywhere. It was playing everywhere for years.  

May 27, 2019 11:17 AM MDT

I liked I've Got The Power, I should imagine it was played for many reasons, and I can remember dancing to it, Dirty Cash came out about the same time...

Do you remember this one?....

May 27, 2019 11:30 AM MDT

Hi kjames, I'm actually unfamiliar with both of these songs you've posted. But I liked listening to both of them.
    Maybe I have danced to "I've Got the Power" in clubs or something. weird how the song, whenever I hear it, I feel good. I mean, I like the song itself, so I feel good --  but I'm associating the song with something else that is good, too, it seems. I just don't know what for sure.
    Thanks for answering!
      May 27, 2019 3:46 PM MDT

no idea
      May 29, 2019 4:37 PM MDT