Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Those who live outside of the USA, do you have an equivalent to our trailer parks?

Those who live outside of the USA, do you have an equivalent to our trailer parks?

Posted - May 29, 2019

Responses

We have lots of trailer parks like that on Vancouver Island but they don't usally have water features. It actually looks like it wouldn't take  much time or money to tidy up the outside. Cheers
      May 29, 2019 6:28 PM MDT

Yes. We call them caravan parks.
    Some are full of permanent residents - people who can't afford a house.
    They develop close communities.
    Others are maintained for nomads only, temporary spots for a few days or weeks only.
    Others focus on tourists and people on family holidays.
    Which is which usually depends on location - what's attractive in the local area.
      May 29, 2019 6:58 PM MDT

I not sure but what you describe sounds more like a campground than what we in the US call a trailer park.
      May 29, 2019 7:12 PM MDT

Yes....they are called Residential Homes and are quite luxurious and cost £250,000  upwards....they are landscaped and you are vetted before you can buy your home....
    They  are nothing like that in your photo...
      May 30, 2019 2:54 AM MDT

I would love to answer this Element; but, I can't with all honesty because I do live in the United States.
    I haven't lived overseas, only visited.
    I do like the question. :)
    I can feed you a guess.
    They may because we send them over there to live in and we need their business as a country???!?
      May 30, 2019 12:37 PM MDT

We have posh neighborhoods and not so posh neighborhoods. Correspondig to "the wrong side of the railroad tracks" in the US, but mobile homes are quite a rarity.
      June 1, 2019 3:14 AM MDT

Comment on the trailer park image.

That would not be possible here. The litter around the trailer would have been removed, either by the resident of the trailer, the grounds keeper of the park, or the countys renovation dept. It is a health hazard. A home for rats and mice and whatever bacteria they bring along.
      June 4, 2019 4:58 AM MDT

I know...that image was taken after a flood. I have seen similar scenes, though in some of our very poor neighborhoods...the ones the city no longer cares about. This looks similar to my sister's street.

June 4, 2019 10:15 AM MDT