Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When the prez was a DEM folks would rush out and buy MORE GUNS after another gun-related massacre. 12 dead in Virginia Beach. So what?

When the prez was a DEM folks would rush out and buy MORE GUNS after another gun-related massacre. 12 dead in Virginia Beach. So what?

No need to rush out and buy more guns under the sb prez. He supports adores defends all guns and abhors attacks anything that will reduce the number of gun-related slaughters/massacres.

So y'all can relax. As long as the sb prez is king no one is coming for your guns. Right?

Posted - June 1, 2019

Responses

I couldn't believe that there have been 150 mass shootings (defined as a gun attack either injuring or killing four people) in the U.S. since the start of the year. That's about one per day. Can't say things don't have to change.

Edit: source https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/ This post was edited by Danilo_G at June 1, 2019 5:30 AM MDT
      June 1, 2019 5:24 AM MDT

They do but with the Senate solidly trumpican they will shoot down anything having to do with gun control not matter that the MAJORITY of Americans want it and the House is Majority dem and will pass many bill sthat wil ldie once they reach the Senate . The old mitch who controls the Senate will see to it. He won't even bring up for a vote or discussion. Until the Senate is controlled by those who value life it's never gonna happen. Thank you for your reply DG and Happy Saturday to thee. Which brings to mind a question! :)
      June 1, 2019 5:32 AM MDT

Don't know, Rosie. I wouldn't go so far as to say they don't value life, but rather that the constant animosity is keeping everything in the pointless status quo. At this point I would even accept the typically conservative idea of more guns, just for something to change. (But the recent stabbings in Tokyo, which perplexed me too, might also suggest it is no feasible solution: would we put armed guards at every single bus stop?)

Thanks, and happy Saturday to thee!
      June 1, 2019 11:27 AM MDT