Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The womb is the most revered place in the world. All life therein is PROTECTED. Life anywhere else can go to he**. Make sense to you? HOW?

The womb is the most revered place in the world. All life therein is PROTECTED. Life anywhere else can go to he**. Make sense to you? HOW?

Posted - June 1, 2019

Responses

No. Most pro-life people apply their opinion to all stages of life from conception to natural death.
      June 1, 2019 6:38 AM MDT

• No...No they don't 

I would respect the Anti-Abortion position if the same people were opposed to the death penalty, war, for strong Gun Control, and for a National Healthcare system such as Medicare for all.

The so called "Pro-Life" stance does not stop outside the womb or at the US border.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 2, 2019 2:36 AM MDT
      June 1, 2019 11:11 AM MDT

Nice try. But your picture is not of a boy in custody of US Border Patrol but rather a boy being used as a prop for a protest. 

Here is another pict of him outside the cage with other kids in the cage.  Fake News. 

Congress needs to fix the laws. Fund the Border Sercurity.
    I would be fine with President Trump issuing a order as well. 

Guns ownership saves more lives than care taken by guns every year. 
    Death penalty----some are for some are against. 
    National Healthcare---No sorry I go not want the gov in charge of my healthcare.  Obama said Grandma's does not need a heart transplant....Grandma needs a pain pill.  Pain pills do not help heart conditions. 
      June 1, 2019 11:39 AM MDT

• It wasn't a "Nice Try". It was a GREAT TRY
    I exposed your hypocrisy
    You think that picture isn't any less indicative of the hateful, president Trump? WOW

I should post the pictures of the dead ones Trump and ICE killed but you'd censor me

Congress needs to fix the laws. Fund the Border Sercurity Security
    I would be fine with President Trump issuing a order as well. 

YOU PEOPLE WERE NEVER FINE WITH OBAMA ISSUING EXECUTIVE ORDERS.

Border Security is needed, but you understand Trump is trying to award contracts to his cronies.

Guns ownership saves more lives than care taken by guns every year. 

I know. I own several one. I don’t trust conservatives because they want to kill Gays. Conservatives are dangerous AF. You people are to quick to pull a gun. All Liberals/Progressives should be armed. I am all for arming ANTIFA and would donate for that cause

Death penalty----some are for some are against. 
    That’s BS. New Hampshire just got rid of the death penalty and Republicans were losing their mud because they can’t kill people.

National Healthcare---No sorry I go not want the gov in charge of my healthcare.  Obama said Grandma's does not need a heart transplant....Grandma needs a pain pill.  Pain pills do not help heart conditions. 

Again, you are totally misinformed. Single Payer system does not control your healthcare. Canada is doing just fine, but go ahead and say you know a person who knows a person. First..Obama is not in office. Now that is out of the way. Grandma is on Medicare which is single payer.

Sister, you messed this up so bad. I also corrected your misspelling of the word “Security” like you did to me. 

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 2, 2019 2:39 AM MDT
      June 1, 2019 8:33 PM MDT

I have never found our president "hateful". I consider myself a conservative and have no desire to "kill gays". Nor do I have any interest in guns. Fine for people who are into them.  I want to see the government out of healthcare - because you give a government too much power and it only corrupts.
      June 1, 2019 8:50 PM MDT

:):):)
      June 2, 2019 2:39 AM MDT

No need in replying.....but I will anyway

I should post the pictures of the dead ones Trump and ICE killed but you'd censor me

(Yes, I  probably would delete pictures of dead children)

PEOPLE WERE NEVER FINE WITH OBAMA ISSUING EXECUTIVE ORDERS.

Border Security is needed, but you understand Trump is trying to award contracts to his cronies.

(Border security is not funded....just look at it and anyone can see more funding is needed)

I know. I own several one. I don’t trust conservatives because they want to kill Gays. Conservatives are dangerous AF. You people are to quick to pull a gun. All Liberals/Progressives should be armed. I am all for arming ANTIFA and would donate for that cause

(At least, you admit guns save people. ANTIFA is a terrorist group. You support that but claim fear of the conservative with a gun.  Sounds like a Smollet argument)

That’s BS. New Hampshire just got rid of the death penalty and Republicans were losing their mud because they can’t kill people.

(Loosing their mud??? Death penalty is supported and opposed by people both on the left and the right)

Again, you are totally misinformed. Single Payer system does not control your healthcare. Canada is doing just fine, but go ahead and say you know a person who knows a person. First..Obama is not in office. Now that is out of the way. Grandma is on Medicare which is single payer.

(Whoever pays is in charge. Single payer was tried in Vermont. Even there it failed. Want Canadian healthcare move to Canada
    No Obama is no in charge anymore, Thank God, but he was when the bill was passed)

Sister, you messed this up so bad. I also corrected your misspelling of the word “Security” like you did to me.

(Ooooh, I misspelled a word....the horror)

This post was edited by my2cents at June 2, 2019 8:20 AM MDT
      June 2, 2019 6:33 AM MDT

:):):)
      June 2, 2019 2:36 AM MDT

Not everything makes sense to me---and perhaps I lack the capacity to fully understand all the issues relating to abortions.

But here is the first hurdle that I am dealing with while I am trying to identify what I can conclude based on the knowledge, philosophy, and feelings that I have at almost 74:   

An unborn, potentially full term zygote has done absolutely nothing wrong.  He / she / it is a totally innocent result of someone's carelessness or lack of judgment---no matter how "understandable" the cause of the conception may be.  And therefore, what overarching principle or principles justify the termination of its existence.
      June 1, 2019 4:38 PM MDT

I appreciate your view tom and I share it with a caveat. Conception prevention is key but the trumpicans want to shut down all sources of women's health care including places where birth control information/prevention is available. If they revere life why not support women who choose to not get pregnant in the first place? These places they want legalized out of existence do not just perform after-the-fact acts. Mostly they provide before-the-fact preventive and educational information and birth control pills so there is not a need to abort. Setting all of that aside. If life is so sacrosanct INSIDE THE WOMB why is it so coldly and cruelly ignored OUTSIDE THE WOMB or worse attacked? Why do the trumpicans want to rescind the AHCA, gut Medicare Medicaid Social Security? They talk the talk when it comes to a woman's WOMB and act to LEGISLATE but turn their backs on everyone and everything outside the womb? They are phonies fakes pretenders.  Bifurcated brains that hold two completely opposite beliefs and are so obtusely oblivious they don't even realize it. They are spouting the scripted party line and have lost any ability to discern logical from illogical. Or perhaps more likely they never had it to begin with.  Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday. Which male body part would you not mind being legislated about by mostly women? None I expect. Well that's how women feel about mostly men legislating what women can and cannot do with their own bodies. They want to control all choices including METHODS OF NOT GETTING PREGNANT IN THE FIRST PLACE. They say that is the same thing as killing a fetus. Seriously. That's what they think. You take birth control pills so you don't get pregnant and you have killed potential babies. Sensible? How? Logical? In what universe? This post was edited by RosieG at June 2, 2019 1:00 PM MDT
      June 2, 2019 2:51 AM MDT

I chose to respond to your question without putting it in the context of the current abortion legislation milieu---and I intentionally avoided coming to a personal conclusion for myself about abortion and how (if at all and if so to what extent) the issue should be codified in the law.  After all, I am male and have no personal knowledge of what having the responsibility of being the only sexual gender that is capable of sustaining the growth of another human being to the point of external survival outside of the gestational parent means to the female in that situation.

Consider the following excerpt from a book by GK Chesterton: 

Suppose that a great commotion arises in the street about something, let us say a lamp-post, which many influential persons desire to pull down. A grey-clad monk, who is the spirit of the Middle Ages, is approached upon the matter, and begins to say, in the arid manner of the Schoolmen, “Let us first of all consider, my brethren, the value of Light. If Light be in itself good–” At this point he is somewhat excusably knocked down. All the people make a rush for the lamp-post, the lamp-post is down in ten minutes, and they go about congratulating each other on their unmediaeval practicality. But as things go on they do not work out so easily. Some people have pulled the lamp-post down because they wanted the electric light; some because they wanted old iron; some because they wanted darkness, because their deeds were evil. Some thought it not enough of a lamp-post, some too much; some acted because they wanted to smash municipal machinery; some because they wanted to smash something. And there is war in the night, no man knowing whom he strikes. So, gradually and inevitably, to-day, to-morrow, or the next day, there comes back the conviction that the monk was right after all, and that all depends on what is the philosophy of Light. Only what we might have discussed under the gas-lamp, we now must discuss in the dark.  Heretics (1905)

Maybe we all need to go back to the beginning and talk about what is life and what is its value and what is the intent and function of sexual intimacy in male-female relationships.

That's where I'm headed at the moment.

June 2, 2019 1:47 PM MDT

But on one hand you are searching for an "overarching" philosophical principle or principles and on the other you want to sentimentalize "innocence" as somehow being a perfect state.  Which it is not. Some people believe in fact that your zygote in facts pre-exists and seeks its parents.  And even religions understand human sinfulness - which we may think of as selfishness - which is nothing but the will to survive - or self-preservation.  Such innocence as you seem to prize may also exist in carelessness as well as in lack of judgment.  I am drawn to someone and follow my feelings and become pregnant.  Now if I do not want my child to survive for whatever reasons - and there can be many - so decide to abort I am simply acting for myself - selfishness - which I am able to do more let us say efficiently because my child is part of me and though a separate being does not in a practical sense exist without me.   If I do not choose to abort but rather miscarry - as has happened to me -  is my child any less "innocent" in your way of thinking?   Should I then be prosecuted for not being healthy enough to carry my child to term?   This is a very personal matter as all such matters leading up to it were - and to try and legislate it only takes the personal out of it and makes it a community or worse a government matter.  The government exerting its influence into our bedrooms and homes. 
      June 2, 2019 7:51 AM MDT

I just read your answer about why you don't think playing chess is worth it----after reading this comment, I am forced to admire the intellectual consistency of your approach to the requirements of serious intellectual evaluations.
      June 2, 2019 1:00 PM MDT

I used the word innocent---I did not use the word innocence; you did. 

Innocent has a clear definition---whether adjective or noun:

not responsible for or directly involved in an event yet suffering its consequences.

a person involved by chance in a situation.
      June 2, 2019 1:52 PM MDT

Part of the mother and so not protected if she does not protect it/herself.   I don't know - men seem to revere motherhood because of the mystery and difference involved - sort of like revering us because they can't understand us.  I don't see anything wrong with that.  Once born we are protected by our parents and community. But as we mature the more we must learn to take care of ourselves and not expect that it is going to be done for us. 
      June 1, 2019 8:05 PM MDT