Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Selfish isn't it? Folks wants Jews to get a homeland (Palestinians aren't involved) so Jesus will return to earth and rapture them. Right?

Selfish isn't it? Folks wants Jews to get a homeland (Palestinians aren't involved) so Jesus will return to earth and rapture them. Right?

They don't give a rat's a** about Jews as people. They see then as a tool or vehicle for their own salvation. Selfish selfish selfish aren't they?

If it were the PALESTINIANS who had to have a homeland so Jesus would return to earth and rapture folks guess what?

Right you are! Israel would be the bad guy and Palestine would be the good. That's all it would take. A switch to have God say that the Palestine's are his chosen people and then you'd fuggeddaboutit Jews overnight and focus on the Palestinians getting their rights.

Fickle people don't care about wrong or right. Just give them what they want for THEMSELVES and the rest of the world can go to he** and they won't lift a finger. We know what they are. Not impressed.

Posted - June 3, 2019

Responses

No offence to anyone, but people who say this have no clue as to what they're talking about.  The Jews are no longer "God's chosen people", and Jesus will NOT come back and reign in Jerusalem.   It doesn't matter one bit what the state of the jewish people is at any given time as to whether or not Jesus will return.   All this misinterpretation only serves to fuel the hatred in the middle east (which has been going on for thousands of years and will never stop).
      June 3, 2019 10:22 AM MDT

So educate us then about what is really going to happen? I am not being a smart-a** Shuhak. I have been brainwashed to believe that is why people support a Jewish homeland. That will signal the return of Jesus to earth and rapture those who believe they are worthy. I have no clue what you are talking about so once again would you kindly enlighten me? I admit abject ignorance. Smarten me up. Thank you for your reply. I await your answer. This post was edited by RosieG at June 3, 2019 12:43 PM MDT
      June 3, 2019 10:43 AM MDT

There's a lot of symbolism in the bible, and many want to take that symbolism literally (i.e. a 1,000 year reign, Jesus reigning from Jerusalem.)  

God said in Genesis 3:15 that He would send a Messiah who would defeat Satan.  God chose a man named Abram to be the father of nation (the Jewish people) through which that Messiah would (eventually) come.  He made a covenant with Abram stating that, through his seed, all nations would be blessed.  That covenant was fulfilled when Jesus (the Messiah) came the first time.  When Jesus died on the cross, that ended the old covenant made with Abram.  It was completely fulfilled.  God then made a new covenant with ALL people (not just the Jews).  Anyone who believes in His Son, Jesus, and obeys Him, is part of the new covenant.  These people are referred to in the bible as “the church”, or “spiritual Jews” (symbolic of God’s chosen people.  Just as Jerusalem was the seat of power (where the king ruled from) in the Davidic kingdom, Jesus reigning from Jerusalem symbolizes that He will be right there with His people – fully accessible to all.

Jesus will come back when there are no longer enough righteous people to "keep it going".   Jesus will NOT step foot on the earth, nor will He rule over it (as many think).  When Jesus returns, the faithful will meet Him in the air and then go to be with Him forever.  Everyone else will be resurrected to judgment and eternal punishment.  Then the earth, along with this entire universe, will be destroyed.  

June 3, 2019 1:53 PM MDT

Thank you Shuhak. So can you tell me why EVANGELICALS are so supportive of Jews and so anti Palestinians? If it has nothing whatsoever to do with religious beliefs what does it have to do with? I  am flummoxed and flabbergasted and gobstomped about the vitriol Palestinians suffer and the support/love Jews enjoy. I have nothing against Jewish people. I relate to them very stronly due to my Armenian heritage. We Armenians suffered genocide at the hands of the Turks and they of course suffered genocide on a far larger scale at the hands of the Nazis so I consider them "my people". Genocide causes survivors to bond. I do appreciate that you went to that much trouble to educate me. Thanks again! :)
      June 4, 2019 3:24 AM MDT

They think that the Jews are still God's "chosen people". 
    "Blessed is everyone who blesses you, O Israel, and cursed is everyone who curses you."

(again, they fail to read and understand the bible on this matter)

The jews (Israel) also believe they are "God's chosen people", and that they are entitled to their land because God gave it to them (during the time of Moses).  However, what they fail to remember is that they lost their land when they were conquered by the Assyrians (Israel) and the Babylonians (Judah).  The bible prophecies (i.e. Isaiah) that they (the jews) will return to their land someday and all will be peace again as it was in the time of David.  However, the prophecies are referring to Jesus and His kingdom, not a physical earthly kingdom.  Yes, God allowed them to return to the land (after years of captivity), but not as a separate nation.  They were always a vassal state under the rule of some other nation (Medo-Persian empire, Greece, Rome, etc.).  Just because they managed to be recognized as an independent state (1948) doesn't mean God gave them back the land.  So they will fight and fight to keep ALL the land "God gave to them" (what they had under the rule of King David and King Solomon).  
      June 4, 2019 10:20 AM MDT

No. First there is no rapture that is not in the Bible. There is Jesus' return to reign and rule but no return just to remove the church.

The land was given to the Jewish people first by God. The was lost over the years to other empires. But there were always Jews in the land. After the last empire, the Ottoman, fell that had control of the land, control was given to Britain. Britain gave up trying to police the area and tried to give a two-state solution giving both the Jewish and Palestinian people their own land. It was the Palestinian people who disagreed. Causing more violence. UK pulled out and in 1948 Israel declared their independence. They were immediately attacked. Israel won. No different than anyone country winning their own wars for survival and independence. Over the years it was repeated. Israel has many times even given "land for peace" but still there is no peace. 
    Israel is not the aggressor but has ever right to defend itself from attacks. 
    We suppor Israel because they support democracy and oppose terrorism. They share intelligence and technology with us as well. 

Yes, Israel will play a big part in the end times if one believes the Bible but that is not the only reason we support Israel. 

Jewish people are indeed God's chosen people. It is throughout the Bible both Old and New Testament and as Christians we are grafted into that family of God. 
      June 3, 2019 12:04 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Tuesday to thee.
      June 4, 2019 3:26 AM MDT

Rosie, your confusion is understandable.  It comes from the fact that many churches believe that Christians and the church are the now Israel. That we have replaced the Jews and Israel. 
    The Bible (New Testament) does not support this view. The writers of the New Testament knew who they were writing to and the difference between a Jew and a Gentile and Israel and the church.  Paul most certainly who originally had the new Christians killed for blasphemy certainly knew the difference.
    And he says we were grafted in not replacing. And even that we owe the Jews for we would not be if it were not for them. 

Romans 15:27 They were pleased to do it, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews' spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings.

How does one read that and claim the Gentiles are the Jew and the church is Israel? 

June 4, 2019 4:57 AM MDT

I don't believe that this is what the New Testament says, it says nothing about a homeland that exists now, it says that Jews who do not accept Jesus Christ as their saviour will not be saved, so I cannot see why they'd be using Jews in the state of Israel who do not accept Christ and some of which are secular atheists, as a tool to whatever they believe in which clearly isn't to do with the New Testament (Christian doctrine).

John 4:20-26 Our fathers worshiped in this mountain, and you people say that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.” Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, an hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. “You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews. “But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. “God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming (He who is called Christ); when that One comes, He will declare all things to us.” Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.” 

Revelations 21:2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”       

1 John 2:22 -  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.”    Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.  

John 1:11 He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him.

Jews do not believe that Jesus was the Messiah, they do not follow the New Testament, Orthodox Jews do not believe that the state of Israel is Torah driven because their Messiah has not arrived. Many Jews in the State of Israel are secular atheists. This post was edited by kjames at June 4, 2019 9:09 AM MDT
      June 3, 2019 5:30 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply kj. I am totally confused. The views among the faithful do not agree. At least from the above they don't seem to be on the same page. I do appreciate your taking time to participte in educating me/us but if you read all the responses you will see that the parts quoted are different and convey different things. I guess I will ask about that. Happy Tuesday m'dear! :)
      June 4, 2019 3:30 AM MDT

Orthodox Jews will tell you that they do not believe that Jesus Christ was the Messiah, they are still waiting for the Messiah, and that can be anyone, therefore they reject Jesus Christ and the Christian doctrine. Orthodox Jews do not believe in the state of Israel, they even protest against its existence because it is not from the Torah, the Jews are still meant to be exiled until the return of their Messiah. Here are some clips from Jewish people:-

Hence, Ultra Orthodox Jews state that Zionism (the belief that the Jews should have their own nation) is in opposition to Judaism, they see the State Of Israel as a secular creation of the UN, not of God.

Here is a clip of how Orthodox Jews treat Jews that are not respectful of the Torah, of non orthodox, or atheist Jews in the State of Israel, ultra orthodox Jews support following the Torah and its laws, which many Jews no longer do, some accept it as a part of their culture, so practice it but not so vehemently, and others are atheist.

Here is a clip of what Jews think of Jesus Christ, including atheist Jews who do not believe even in their own G-d.

This post was edited by kjames at June 4, 2019 10:34 AM MDT
      June 4, 2019 9:19 AM MDT