Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What are some things your parents and/or friends will never understand about you?

What are some things your parents and/or friends will never understand about you?

Posted - June 6, 2019

Responses

especially my mom.... She would never understand that i dont need medication. I see a psychiatrist every month cuz im obliged, and they prescribe me a medication but they dont even have a reason to do so. As if i needed it. But deep inside me i know i dont need that. its a crap they want me to take every night.
      June 6, 2019 1:00 PM MDT

• if it prescribed to you it was probably for a good reason. doctors dont just hand out pills all willy nilly. 
      June 7, 2019 6:44 AM MDT

I would be curious to know how you determined that you don't need medication.
      June 6, 2019 3:24 PM MDT

I was thinking the same thing. 
      June 6, 2019 8:17 PM MDT

Yes, that could be useful line of inquiry.
      June 8, 2019 11:24 AM MDT

That most of the time I don't know what I'm doing.
      June 6, 2019 5:39 PM MDT

I've been keeping a dossier on you; I can pop over to your place tonight and we can peruse it together.  Let's say eightish, ok, snookums? Works for me!

~

June 6, 2019 6:59 PM MDT

My parents are long gone and I really doubt they understood much about me.  Not that it was all that important for them to - they had enough problems of their own just understanding their own lives and, especially, coping with them.  My mother interpreted my life as pretty much a slap in the face to her which from her point of view I guess it was. That I did not share her values. My dad loved me but no way could he understand me and he did not even try but just was glad I was there when came to visit which really was enough.  He lived long enough to see me settle into a good corporate position which I know appreciated that I was able to. 

I don't have many close friends and we pretty much accept each other quirks and all which I am fine with.  Because they know they are not going to change me.  Not will I change them.  So we are just OK with that. 
      June 6, 2019 7:49 PM MDT

That is impossible to answer because my parents were nothing like any of my friends.  The things that my friends think are peculiar are miles from what my parents thought. 

My mother thought I was a "defiant brat".  My dad would beat the crap out of me for it.  

My friends think I am unusual.  I am kind of a recluse, like a semi-recluse because I love being alone.  I don't have to be alone all the time, but I really prefer it most times.   
      June 7, 2019 2:22 AM MDT

That's why the question has the option of and/or. 
      June 7, 2019 6:07 AM MDT

That is not what and/or means in this case.  It means both or separate.

My answer ?  NOT both.  
      June 8, 2019 11:34 AM MDT

• Why do I laugh at everything?

Why all the hair?

Why can't I settle down?
      June 7, 2019 6:23 AM MDT

Dial it down to smile it down.
      June 8, 2019 11:35 AM MDT

• ... But the real question is: Is my avatar Normal??
      June 8, 2019 11:43 AM MDT

NO.

Only the standard MUG is normal.  
    Here is the reason.  I am stuck.  I have had a different weird avatar almost every day for a dozen years both here and on Answer Bag when we were all there once upon a time.  NOW?  I cannot access my pictures.  It seems I have saved so many pictures over the years that Answer Mug cannot download anything any more and I don't know how the heck to remove the pictures that are saved besides deleting them one at a time and I have about 100,000 of them.  I need to erase them.  I don't know how.  Thus I must have this boring "normal" mug.  I hate HATE dressing like everyone else.  I never owned a pair of jeans or any gold jewelry or gold chains.   I like to stand out with statements.  Fashion especially.  The unexpected.  So this especially rankles.  

Thanks for asking.  Stay your wonderful abnormal self.
      June 8, 2019 11:50 AM MDT

• Normal is as normal does - For both of us 
      June 8, 2019 11:55 AM MDT

I don't have a passing acquaintance with it.
      June 8, 2019 11:58 AM MDT

• maybe my eternal dieting and how i let some chick shove needles through my nipples and various other body parts. 
      June 7, 2019 6:46 AM MDT