Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » What are some common misconceptions about DEATH? Sorry Rand, if you asked this already, I missed it.

What are some common misconceptions about DEATH? Sorry Rand, if you asked this already, I missed it.

Posted - June 8, 2019

Responses

If you put your body in a fancy box and bury it 6 feet under dirt, the worms and bugs won't come in and deteriorate your body.
    It is supposed to go back to the earth.  Let it!!

June 8, 2019 9:11 AM MDT

I have my mom's ashes in my bedroom.  It's for me, not her.  When I die, I will mingle them with my own ashes.  That's the clean and sane way to accept death to me.  It's done and the person's physical being is no more.  
      June 8, 2019 9:46 AM MDT

Exactly!

My mom did a VERY cool thing with my Grammie's ashes.  There is a place that blows glass.  She had a beautiful glass ornament made out of some of my Grammie's ash.  It is like a paper-weight, of sorts.  It sits on the table where the sun shines on it in the mornings.  It is beautiful.  It isn't creepy or weird at all.  It is very spiritually nice.
    I am making a note, right now.
    If you would lke, the next time I talk to m&d, (which will be tomorrow,) I will ask mom where it was she had it done.  She had one of her poodles ashes done the same way.  They really are spectacular and a great idea.
    It won't hurt my feelings if you think this is creepy.  I don't think it is.  I think it is very spiritually beautiful. Anyway, please let me know and I'll definitely try to remember.  You may be able to find a place near where you live. :) :)

June 8, 2019 10:01 AM MDT

I think it is beautiful.  It solves the problem of worrying about how to store the ashes too.  I live near Phoenix and I am sure that I can find something like this.  I love the idea.  
      June 8, 2019 10:19 AM MDT

Awesome!!!
    Big Hugs and Loves!
    :) :)
      June 8, 2019 10:32 AM MDT

Thank you for the AP.  For some goofy reason, that is important to me.
    Thank you for bringing a smile to my face.  I feel like I have accomplished something good. 
    Happy! Happy!
      June 8, 2019 10:16 AM MDT

I understand the feeling of having someone actually listen and grasp what you are saying.  It can be exhilarating sometimes.  The fact that you take the time to answer me is the best gift. 
      June 8, 2019 10:20 AM MDT

I read the other day that the mind is aware the body is dead.  I am wondering how long the thought process keeps going until it stops.  Remember the queen who was beheaded and kept mouthing words?  Kind creepy huh. 
      June 8, 2019 10:01 AM MDT

The mind/body connection is very important and definitely does exist and needs to exist to maintain sanity.
    I feel when it is time for your soul to go on, you know and feel odd, probably for a moment as you leave your physical body.
    Your sense of feeling through your body is gone but your sense of feeling through emotions and things you have learned, carry on.
    It doesn't hurt to die.
    The way you die might be frightening for a quick splash of a second... but you don't take that pain with you.
    That is part of survival on this planet.  You don't want anything to hurt your vessel. :) ;)
    I do believe you will go UP and see your God, MorningStar.  I have great faith you Will.  Don't worry. :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at June 9, 2019 10:28 AM MDT
      June 8, 2019 10:20 AM MDT

The mind dies.  The body dies.  The soul is aware.  Always.  It doesn't need mind nor body.  It always was and always will remain.  
      June 8, 2019 10:22 AM MDT

We exist in "time"---and time is the relationship of things that change.  In my view, death occurs when the soul no longer shares its act of existence with the body.  Since dying occurs in "time," that must take a short (millisecs or a few hours) amount of time. Exactly which perceptible physical functions (mouthing words, etc.) may continue to occur probably vary.

(If that helps, use it; if not, ignore me.)
      June 8, 2019 11:55 AM MDT

That death can be painless. I figure no matter how easy the death is on the body  the mind still realizes it's about to die and it's extremely painful mentally.  Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at June 9, 2019 10:29 AM MDT
      June 8, 2019 10:21 AM MDT

No.  That is not the case.  I have heard and seen people die peacefully.  Pain-free and content.  People who realize God and what God is and what we are, surrender to the truth and accept the fact that their journey has just begun.

It is bittersweet, but it is just a continuation of the NOW.  
      June 8, 2019 10:24 AM MDT

• That it's permanent.
      June 8, 2019 11:50 AM MDT

Now that is an insightful and intriguing comment.  
      June 8, 2019 11:52 AM MDT

• Energy can never be destroyed, only transformed - And screwed up 
      June 8, 2019 11:59 AM MDT

In general, the belief that it is easy to ensure a painless and dignified natural death with modern painkillers.
    In fact, 5% of physical pain cannot be reduced by any known medications.
    Also, there are many forms of discomfort which are not classified as pain, such as difficulties in breathing, swallowing and other basic bodily functions, all of which begin to fail in the last few months, weeks, days and hours before death.
    I've worked as an aged and palliative carer.
    In the west, we tend to shunt death and dying away into hospitals and care homes. We institutionalise and hide it. We see only the limited circumstances within our own families and never see the larger picture.
      June 8, 2019 4:54 PM MDT

See my one and only blog on this website.  It attracted 1,000 views on Experience Project.
      June 8, 2019 7:14 PM MDT

The biggest, most common misconception, 
    is that we die. Truth is, the body dies 
    and not the person living within the body.
    Most people identify with the body,
    and think that is who they are and
    when the Physical Body dies, they die.
         We simply move out of the physical body,
    for the physical body is not who we are.
    We have other bodies such as our Spiritual body,
    our Etherial body that we live within
    as we depart the physical one,
    until we are born into another physical body,
    if our Karma has not been worked out.
         The Earth plane, the physical plane that
    we live in is just a place we work out our Karma of separation
    that we identify with. Once we realize there is only
    one being and not the separation of the Ego that
    we identify with thinking we are a separate being,
    Then we can return to the Ocean of the oneness of Consciousness.
       Just like a drop of the Ocean, thinking that it is separate,
    once it returns to the Ocean does it realize that It Is the Ocean. 

June 9, 2019 10:26 AM MDT