Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » What if you were Chinese and your name was Wu Hoo?

What if you were Chinese and your name was Wu Hoo?

What about Wu Who?  Wouldn't that be worse?  Actually Wu is a Chinese surname so few if any Chinese have it as a first name.  But it was fun anyway, right?

Posted - June 9, 2019

Responses

You crack me up!! What comes over you to think of these things simply out of the blue?
    :) :)!!
    Yes, that is a funny name and thought.  What if she got married to guy named Long-Dong?  We would have Wu-Hoo, Long-Dong happily ever after! :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at June 10, 2019 7:34 PM MDT
      June 9, 2019 8:06 PM MDT

One of the first name jokes I posted drew some no-so-nice criticism from one of the Postings Police on here, insisting that I stop.  Just to show him/her, I started posting every similar joke that came to mind.  There were so many positive replies from other muggers that he/she stopped criticizing me and now just leaves me alone.  Still when ever I think of a new one I put it on here, knowing that some people appreciate that kind of humor.
      June 10, 2019 7:42 PM MDT

• Actually, in traditional Chinese names, the surname comes first, but "Hu" is a surname too. So it's unlikely that anyone would be named Wu Hu, but I guess it's not impossible. "Wu Hu" actually means "five lakes" in Chinese. 

But there was a Chinese poet named Su Shi. lol
      June 9, 2019 8:25 PM MDT

Thank you for making this question.  You turned it into something way better than I did.  
      June 10, 2019 12:24 AM MDT

Interesting.  So there may be a town or city in China named Wu Hu.  I love it.  Near where I live there's a town called Yehaw Junction.  I thought that was funny.  Maybe Wu Hu is funnier.
      June 10, 2019 7:44 PM MDT

Well it would make a lot more sense than if you were Polish or Russian or Eskimo or Slovakian or Indian.  

Ya think? 
      June 9, 2019 9:57 PM MDT

Ya Hoo might get get annoyed  and want a Chat with Yu......:(
      June 10, 2019 1:41 AM MDT

Clever girl.
      June 10, 2019 7:36 PM MDT