Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Are jerks and astronauts like the military and police that they have to be here?

Are jerks and astronauts like the military and police that they have to be here?

Posted - June 11, 2019

Responses

• "jerks and astronauts"

Good name for a band.

Unlike the military and the police, astronauts do experience jerk. But I guess the military and the police do encounter jerks.
      June 11, 2019 7:52 AM MDT

Astronauts - completely unnecessary - one of the most decadent luxuries of the wealthiest countries.

Jerks - not necessary, but unavoidable. There is a mutable tendency in human nature which ensures that there will always be a few jerks in any community.

Police - amazing, in a way, that it took so long for the idea of police to be invented - they first appeared in Greece (Athens) to protect women from the unwanted attentions of men. I think the larger and more densely populated a community is, the greater the pressures become which incite crime, and hence the greater the need for the police (assuming the police are not corrupt - always a risk.)

Military - paleontology and archeology (carbon dated discoveries of tools of warfare and damage to skeletons) show that there was little warfare until tribes became so numerous that they came into competition for territories for food, water and resources. Since then, the principle of self-defence has made the military a regrettable necessity. Any military used for aggression or uninvited interference in the affairs of other nations is in my view both unnecessary and unjustifiable on any ethical grounds.

This post was edited by inky at June 11, 2019 6:23 PM MDT
      June 11, 2019 9:51 AM MDT

Thanks for the pick, Cosmic! :)

June 11, 2019 6:20 PM MDT