Active Now

Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Travel » Have you ever been to Rhode Island? What's it like? It is such a weird place to be from. I dont' know anyone who lived there.

Have you ever been to Rhode Island? What's it like? It is such a weird place to be from. I dont' know anyone who lived there.

Posted - June 11, 2019

Responses

Interesting small State.  Very similar to Western CT or Southern Mass, State Troopers are vicious on out of State speeders if the traffic ever moves.  Newport is a lovely tourist trap, good buddy married a woman from Warwick and lived there for about 15 years before the economy went south.

Now why would you say it is a weird place to be from?  Strange comment IMO
      June 17, 2019 12:29 PM MDT

I know you and a lot of others on here have lived in or visited many places I have not had the opportunity to visit and I love your descriptions.  They help a lot.  Thank you.

I know I have a lot of nerve saying it is a strange place to be from.  I have met a lot of people in my life and I cannot recall anyone from there.  I used to call all over the USA and I don't recall any calls to Rhode Island. Maybe they have telemarketing restrictions that are actually put into operation that work. 

Anyway, I have a lot of nerve.   Guilty as charged. Just my own small  (very small) perspective.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 17, 2019 1:44 PM MDT
      June 17, 2019 12:31 PM MDT

RI is just east of where my mothers people originated, actually founded in the 1500's.  I am very familiar with the area and the people.  You are who you are and shaped by your experiences - never apologize for that.

Have a good week and enjoy the fact Monday is almost over
      June 17, 2019 1:46 PM MDT