Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Pop quiz. Which is your fave?

Pop quiz. Which is your fave?

1. Coke
2. Pepsi
c.. Sprite
4. Dr. Pepper.
e. Faygo
6. cheap store brand
7. I don't drink it
h. other__________

Posted - June 12, 2019

Responses

COKE or Pepsi. I am into that cola flavor.  and the fizz
      June 12, 2019 1:47 PM MDT

Me, too.
      June 12, 2019 5:53 PM MDT

I don't drink soda other than tonic if I have a gin and tonic.
      June 12, 2019 1:58 PM MDT

Helpful hint:  If you ever have leg cramps, drink some tonic water.  It works.  
      June 12, 2019 1:59 PM MDT

I said I drink tonic when I drink gin.
      June 12, 2019 6:55 PM MDT

Hey crabby.  I SAID. .. IF YOU EVER HAVE LEG CRAMPS.

Just the tonic. I just assumed you had a bottle in the fridge.  OK?????
      June 13, 2019 12:26 PM MDT

Who would water down gin? Are you a Brit?
      June 12, 2019 2:02 PM MDT

• Gin and tonic is a fine drink. Recently I started using Fever Tree Aromatic tonic with Angostura bitters. It's one of my new favorite things. 
      June 12, 2019 3:57 PM MDT

SIGH. I am trying for once in my life to be helpful and I get shade.

TONIC WATER really helps if you have one of those leg cramps in the middle of the night.  Hobble to the fridge and guzzle down some tonic water.  That's all I was saying.  THAT'S ALL.  DRINK THE TONIC
      June 13, 2019 12:28 PM MDT

• coke but only because my mom works for the local distributors so she always is giving it to me

June 12, 2019 2:01 PM MDT

Would she plotz if you drank a Pepsi?
      June 12, 2019 2:04 PM MDT

plotz sounds like a smelly brown soft mess in the underpants.  
      June 12, 2019 2:05 PM MDT

It's Yiddish. Mom used it a lot.

/pläts/

verbinformal•North American
    verb: plotz; 3rd person present: plotzes; past tense: plotzed; past participle: plotzed; gerund or present participle: plotzing

collapse or be beside oneself with frustration, annoyance, or other strong emotion.
    "lots of directors plotz while making their films"
      June 12, 2019 2:14 PM MDT

• she narrows her eyes and hisses. if you pour it on her, her skin burns and wilts. we are considering an exorcism 
      June 12, 2019 3:21 PM MDT

I don't drink sugar drinks like Coke/Pepsi  or any chemical substitute man made crap.....why anyone one would is beyond me...both should be banned with cigarettes.
    Most all pure fruit  juice cartons of orange or whatever are just chemicals and water now to....if you want natural juice then squeeze it all...
      June 12, 2019 2:58 PM MDT

• i mean most stuff you eat has some type of chemical in it, man made or even natural which can still be bad for you. even Brazil nuts, which are notoriously good for you, can still cause you to overdose on selenium after only 6 or 7 nuts. instead of demonizing food, we should be teaching people moderation. drinking 2 or 3 cans of coke a day is def detrimental to your health but having one can a week isnt going to hurt you. even food that is supposed to be organic usually has some chems in it 
      June 12, 2019 3:28 PM MDT

Brazil nuts are actually radioactive ,they are the only food on the planet that are...one can can raise a diebetics sugar level really high  in a few seconds after drinking ...it's sugar and water and not much else....
    one  should only eat pure natural butter and never and man made oil spreads 

Dont eat animals fed with steroids or washed in bleach They give most animals bread fo food antibootis which we then ingest.....Americans don't know if the veg there are eating is organic or GM foods as they no longer have to be labled GM foods in the States....
    You don't know what you are being force fed in America....
    It will become the same in England too soon ..
      June 12, 2019 3:51 PM MDT

• meat is carcinogenic so no one should be eating it at all. and no one is being force fed. we're being misled by a government who tell us eating meat and dairy will solve our problems and make us healthy which isnt the case. 

and if you have diabetes you shouldn't be drinking soda, but the average person doesn't have diabetes, so they'll be fine. they tell diabetics not to eat fruit either because of the sugars in it but obvs fruit isnt bad for you. using diabetics as an argument against soda doesn't really make sense... and people know the dangers of excessive soda drinking but still continue drinking it because they just dont care enough about their own health. 
      June 12, 2019 4:00 PM MDT

Very true....people don't until it's to late....fruit is ok in moderation...each and every person is pretty unique in what they can and can't ingest though...
      June 12, 2019 4:18 PM MDT

Everything you eat/drink IS chemicals.
      June 12, 2019 4:06 PM MDT

Sugar is evil but necessary.
      June 12, 2019 4:05 PM MDT

To some degree yes....but keep away from all types of refined sugars....:( 
      June 12, 2019 5:45 PM MDT

The chemistry of sugars can be complex, but it all comes down to one thing...we can only use glucose, the simplest one, for cellular respiration. Other more complex ones are broken down to glucose. It doesn't matter if it is refined or not. They key is to limit intake, which should be no more than 10% of normal caloric intake. Ain't science loverly.
      June 12, 2019 5:55 PM MDT

Eat and drink what you want to.  Don't worry about everyone else.  I rarely agree with banning things such as you suggest.  You do as you like; I do as I like.  That's freedom.  
      June 12, 2019 4:54 PM MDT