Discussion » Questions » Emotions » What gives you the 'heebie-jeebies'?

What gives you the 'heebie-jeebies'?

Posted - June 12, 2019

Responses

Having to interview someone very well-known.

Performing my poetry in public.

The narrowed-eye, voiceless scrutiny of a certain person on a certain committee.
      June 12, 2019 4:05 PM MDT

a child showing me his or her loose teeth

"I have a loose tooth!" and they wiggle it around with their fingers in their mouth to show me
      June 12, 2019 6:16 PM MDT

I would be worse with an old redneck woman.
      June 13, 2019 7:59 AM MDT

:)
    :)
      June 13, 2019 8:41 PM MDT

• I can handle seeing nasty, infected non-healing wounds and unimaginable grossness, but write on cardboard with a fat permanent marker and I will lose it.
      June 12, 2019 6:36 PM MDT

Coming to the entrance to my apartment building during the dark hours and there is somebody hanging around there wanting to get in. Mostly homeless people in the wiinter months. Would like to let them in to get out of the cold but there have been problems. Management should have security at the door but too cheap I guess. After an incident the will place a security person in position for a week or so till the next incident. 
    'Call the police! " they tell us. Dunno if police would give that much priority. 
      June 13, 2019 2:44 AM MDT

THIS GUY

June 13, 2019 6:38 AM MDT

He violated a 'cartoon physics' law.
      June 13, 2019 8:01 AM MDT

O'Donnell's examples include:

Any body suspended in space will remain suspended in space until made aware of its situation. A character steps off a cliff but remains in midair until looking down, then the familiar principle of 32 feet per second per second takes over.

A body passing through solid matter will leave a perforation conforming to its perimeter. Also called the silhouette of passage.

The time required for an object to fall 20 stories is greater than or equal to the time it takes for whoever knocked it off the ledge to spiral down 20 flights to attempt to capture it unbroken. Such an object is inevitably priceless; the attempt to capture it, inevitably unsuccessful.

All principles of gravity are negated by fear.

Psychic forces are sufficient in most bodies for a shock to propel them directly away from the surface. A spooky noise or an adversary's signature sound will introduce motion upward, usually to the cradle of a chandelier, a treetop or the crest of a flagpole. The feet of a running character or the wheels of a speeding auto need never touch the ground, ergo fleeing turns to flight.

As speed increases, objects can be in several places at once.

Certain bodies can pass through a solid wall painted to resemble tunnel entrances; others cannot. ... Whoever paints an entrance on a wall's surface to trick an opponent will be unable to pursue him into this theoretical space. The painter is flattened against the wall when he attempts to follow into the painting. This is ultimately a problem of art, not science.

Any violent rearrangement of feline matter is impermanent. Cartoon cats possess more deaths than even the traditional nine lives afford. They can be sliced, splayed, accordion-pleated, spindled or disassembled, but they cannot be destroyed. After a few moments of blinking self-pity, they reinflate, elongate, snap back or solidify.
      June 13, 2019 8:02 AM MDT