Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Electronics » How can i fix a rnicrowave that gets hot but wont cook anything?

How can i fix a rnicrowave that gets hot but wont cook anything?

rny rnicrowave all of a sudden wont cook nothing, it heats up but wont cook, i had to heat up sornething in the oven today cause of it, just wondered if theres a way to fix it and how? i dont rnind getting a new one but its a pain cause i cant lift thern so i'll have to ask for help with taking it down and not sure if you can just toss it in the durnpster or where? i thought about ordering one online so that way they deliver it to rny door, that way i wont have to lift and all i have to do is ask sorneone to put it on the counter for rne, any suggestions?

Posted - June 15, 2019

Responses

Save up about 60 bucks and get a new one.  Old microwave ovens are dangerous and no one bothers to fix them unless they are very expensive.
      June 15, 2019 10:20 PM MDT

thanks, i rnight replace it, didnt realize they were that dangerous, i just wont use it till i replace it
      June 16, 2019 9:20 AM MDT

Umm yeah, you should probably just get rid of it and get a new one.
      June 15, 2019 10:37 PM MDT

didnt realize they can cause fires
      June 16, 2019 9:21 AM MDT

It’s done. Repairing it would cost more than buying a new one. 
      June 16, 2019 5:34 AM MDT

irn thinking of getting a new one and just not using it right now
      June 16, 2019 9:21 AM MDT

Goods like that are usually made to be cheaper to replace than repair, though you might find a local domestic-appliances repairer who could mend it at an economical price.

You can't repair a microwave oven yourself unless you are reasonably experienced in fault-finding and repairing electrical and electronic equipment, have the necessary tools and test-instruments, and can obtain the necessary service-manuals and parts. In which case, you would not have asked the question anyway! :-)

As for disposal, a lot of suppliers will take the old one when they deliver the new. Otherwise, doesn't your local authority have a  proper waste-collection centre that can handle electrical equipment? I don't know what a "dumpster" is, but failed electrical and electronic equipment, like all metals, is salvageable as scrap and should not be merely thrown in the ordinary household rubbish.
      June 17, 2019 2:33 PM MDT