Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you "free" to be thee or does being yourself always exact a heavy price? Is it safer to "pretend to be" than it is to be?

Are you "free" to be thee or does being yourself always exact a heavy price? Is it safer to "pretend to be" than it is to be?

Posted - June 16, 2019

Responses

I am always just me since I don't care what others' think.

June 17, 2019 8:10 AM MDT

I think that is untrue. What about your students? I think you care A LOT about what they think of you. Of course I could be wrong. I often am. I'm just sayin'. Thank you for your reply E! :)
      June 17, 2019 12:27 PM MDT

Don't know if it's 'safer', but I've always lived by this:

..........no matter what you do/say/think/feel, someone, somewhere's gonna criticize your for it....sooooooo  just be yourself at all times; and let the crap fly where it may.........'...

I'm 77 now & have lived by this since I was in my  twenties.......sure, have had my share of being criticized for this'n that, BUT SO WHAT??

you are never ahead when pretending to be OTHER THAN YOURSELF...FOR ALL PEOPLE, ALL THE TIME!!!!!!

:-D

:)
      June 17, 2019 8:13 AM MDT

There are lotsa fake folks who pretend to be other than they are and they are VERY SUCCESSFUL. Go figger! I can't be other than who I am. I see no point in it. But money fame power glory success is not my cuppa tea. Just being me is. Thank you for your reply ben and Happy Monday to thee!  :)
      June 17, 2019 12:30 PM MDT