Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » We thought the son of mitch was very dull and deficient intellectually. He CONFIRMED IT! Didja hear?

We thought the son of mitch was very dull and deficient intellectually. He CONFIRMED IT! Didja hear?

Vis a vis the Jon Stewart excoriation of congress for not extending health care for decades to 9/11 first responders. Jon was practically the only person there other than the first responders. No one cared enough to show up. He scathingly attacked their absence.

The dumbbum niimnut crackpot crumbbun son of a mitch asked
"Why is Jon Stewart so bent out of shape/"

Well there there ya have it. The obtuse goose asks a question which I assume he cannot answer or he would not ask it. He doesn't know why Jon Stewart is so bent out of shape.

Sheesh.

Posted - June 18, 2019

Responses

The very impassioned, and VERY BRILLIANT Jon Stewart has responded to this.  Didja hear?  I'll get it for you.

Here is the whole thing.  It is too hard to copy'paste it all

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/449009-jon-stewart-rips-into-mcconnell-for-saying-hes-bent-out-of-shape-over-9-11

Here is  the salient point of it all: 

"No, no Mitch McConnell, I am not bent out of shape, I’m in fine shape," Stewart shouted. "Well, I am out of shape, but not because of you. ... I’m fine. I’m bent out of shape for them, these are the first heroes and veterans and victims of the great trillions of dollars war on terror. And they’re currently still suffering and dying and still in terrible need.

"You would think that that would be enough to get Congress’s attention. But apparently it’s not."

Following Stewart's comments, CBS transitioned to another clip of McConnell's interview with Fox News. When asked by host Steve Doocy on why so few members were present at a hearing for the bill that Stewart appeared at, McConnell said lawmakers were likely busy with other matters.

“That frequently happens because members have a lot of things going on at the same time,” McConnell said. 

Stewart responded by joking he didn't realized lawmakers were "busy."

"I feel like an asshole," the former host of "The Daily Show" said. "Now I feel stupid. This is a huge misunderstanding. I didn’t know that they were busy. I didn’t mean to interrupt them with their jobs."

"Honestly, Mitch McConnell, you really want to go with that we’ll get to it when we get to it argument for the heroes of 9/11," he continued, before later noting that the senator was "not good at this argument thing."

"Basically we’re saying you love the 9/11 community when they serve your political purposes, but when they’re in urgent need, you slow walk, you dither, you use it as a political pawn to get other things you want," he said. 

Stewart concluded his argument by noting that "we’ve spent a year compiling bipartisan co-sponsors and advocates for this bill, all in the hopes that when it finally gets to the great Mitch McConnell’s desk, you won’t jack us around like you’ve done in the past."

"If you want to know why we’re bent out of shape, meet with them tomorrow, and don’t make them beg for it," he said. "You could pass this thing tomorrow. If you’re busy, I get it."

Stewart gained widespread attention last week after giving emotional testimony at a 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund hearing. Stewart has expressed frustration over the lack of movement the bill has received in Congress. 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 19, 2019 6:52 AM MDT
      June 18, 2019 12:12 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Sharon.
      June 19, 2019 6:52 AM MDT

Hell ... there are still people suffering medical conditions from their service in VietNam, that our government won't acknowledge.

In fact, America has a deplorable record - going back to the founding of the country - of "using and discarding" people who sacrifice for it.
    I'm honestly surprised anyone is willing to work for the government.
    Well, not really.  Because they don't teach it in school, so people are ignorant of what they will face when they "join up".
      June 18, 2019 12:42 PM MDT

ll ... there are still people suffering medical conditions from their service in VietNam, that our government won't acknowledge.  TERRIFIC.  I think that is part of Jon's argument. Not any answer as to why Congress should lag on First Responders.  We can aid them ALL.  
      June 18, 2019 12:54 PM MDT

There should be some sort of "truth in advertising" form you have to sign, before working certain government jobs.

"Now, if you'll just sign this form.  It says you agree to risk death or disability, with the foresight that you won't receive any compensation or medical coverage from the government."
      June 18, 2019 12:58 PM MDT

I think "deplorable" times a googolplex Walt. All that crap about patriotism and love of the military be dam*ed! It's just more talk that is meaningless. It takes up space and time but has no substance. That Congress didn't even show up is what drove Jon nuts along with having to RENEW it periodically. It should extend foreverly as long as they live for cryin' out loud. And that toady sycophant idiot imbecile son of a mitch has the GALL to ask why Jon Stewart is so bent out of shape I'm sure amuses the equally ignorant dumbbunnies. They don't have a clue. What's the big deal? Sheesh. A pox on their houses forever.
      June 19, 2019 6:56 AM MDT