Active Now

Shuhak
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever feel like a hostage? You were somewhere you didn't want to be and had to stay anyway for awhile. Has that happened often/seldom?

Ever feel like a hostage? You were somewhere you didn't want to be and had to stay anyway for awhile. Has that happened often/seldom?

Posted - June 18, 2019

Responses

That is exactly how I have felt since 2016 since this monster has taken over.    I feel like an unwelcome guest in my own country.
      June 18, 2019 12:10 PM MDT

Well said Sharon. A bazillion million of us feel the same way only you said it first and I trust best. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      June 19, 2019 3:41 AM MDT

I think just about everybody can claim they were a "hostage" ... to school and/or work.  lol
    Even though I enjoyed much of school, there were always classes I felt were worthless and a waste of my time.
    And putting a window in my office at work?  Sure, I enjoy the view.  But it also makes me long to be gone, sometimes.

June 18, 2019 12:55 PM MDT

I loved school Walt. In sixth grade the teacher took an instant dislike to me so I was miserable the entire semester. Miss Nyberg. May she roast perpetually wherever she may be till she is well done! In 10th grade the football coach taught history one semester. He was a really nice guy but history teacher he wasn't so that wasn't a favorite time of mine. Other than that I pretty much looked forward to school and counted the days during the summer vacation till school would start again. I'm still that kid. That's why I still "go to school" on the internet because every day I learn something new! As for work I LOVED the work. A couple of times the co-workers weren't my cuppa tea but they didn't really get in my way! Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      June 19, 2019 3:46 AM MDT

There've been numerous times when I've needed to wait and be patient - but nobody made me a hostage.
    Perhaps the nearest to that would have been to couple of times when I've had a severe accident and had to wait to be seen by a doctor in casualty.
    The wounds were not obvious on the outside.
    With the broken ribs (fell off a horse), they didn't pay attention till I fainted and fell on the floor. It turned out to be a pneumothorax and I ended up in the general ward with a stent draining my lung for four days.
    The second time, the blades of a ride-on-mower took a large chunk out of my bum when I and the machine took a six-meter somersault from the side of a hill. I had showered and cleaned the wound, applied a large dressing, and then (husband drove me) sat on one side of my bum while waiting. When the nurses finally saw the wound there was a massive scramble to get me into surgery. Today the scar looks like a faded hieroglyphic in a misplaced valley within the mound of that buttock.

This post was edited by inky at June 19, 2019 3:47 AM MDT
      June 18, 2019 9:49 PM MDT

Oh my goodness bw! How awful and how close you came to not being here. I don't know if this is apocryphal but I have read of folks waiting patiently in the Emergency room for attention who quietly died. There were no obvious outward signs like broken limbs or bloody gushes or gashes so "they" prioritized the apparently critical first and hours later got around to the quiet one. Too late. I am VERY sensitive to vibes people give off. I can walk into a room and feel welcome or feel very uncomfortable. I have turned around and walked right out a couple of times. I dislike large crowds. I would station myself by the nearest exit so I could make a quick escape if needed. I accompany Jim to doctor appointments as he accompanies me to mine. I sit quietly reading usually but also become engaged in conversation with folks who are very outgoing at times too. I react to the vibes. I'm good either way. Imagine being stuck in a room with all pro prez folks who chat about how wonderful he is and what an improvement over the prior prez? I do not utter a word. I am in no mood to take on multiple prodons. So I sit there wanting to be elsewhere but waiting for Jim. It doesn't happen often but lemme tell ya. it's about as unpleasantly painful a place one can be! Glad you survived the indifference with which you were treated when you needed immediate attention. You are made of sturdy stuff methinks! Thank you for sharing a bit of your history with us and Happy Wednesday to you m'dear!  :)
      June 19, 2019 4:00 AM MDT