Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » President RAPIST. How wonderfully that spills from the tongue, does it not?

President RAPIST. How wonderfully that spills from the tongue, does it not?

• Columnist E. Jean Carroll said she wouldn't bring a rape charge against President Donald Trump based on her allegation of an assault from the mid-1990s.
  • In an interview with MSNBC after the account was revealed, Carroll recounted the allegations and said it took years of experience reading other women's accounts of mistreatment for her advice column to come forward with the allegation.
  • This is the most serious sexual misconduct allegation yet surfaced against the president, aside from his first wife Ivana's allegation of violent rape, the description of which she later walked back.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Columnist E. Jean Carroll said she wouldn't bring a rape charge against President Donald Trump following her allegation that he assaulted her in the mid-1990s.

Carroll alleged Trump assaulted her in Bergdorf Goodman, a luxury department store in Manhattan, in an excerpt from her book published Friday in New York Magazine. Her account includes her memory of telling two close friends at the time, both of whom confirmed knowledge of the attack to the magazine.

In an interview with MSNBC, Carroll recounted the allegations that had been revealed hours earlier.

The story will be included in the print issue of the magazine, which will also feature the Carroll dressed in the outfit of a Donna Karan shirtdress and tights she said she was wearing at the time. The writer also said she still has the dress, which hangs untouched in her home.

Based on the details of the attack published in the magazine and repeated on-air by Carroll, a prosecutor had said earlier on the network that Carroll could stand to mount a rape charge against Trump.

Despite the possible case, Carroll told MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell she didn't intend on bringing charges against Trump because she "would find it disrespectful to the women who are down on the border who are being raped around the clock down there without any protection."

Posted - June 22, 2019

Responses

A new allegation just as campaign season starts up....surprise surprise. 

And the last sentence shows it is political..... she didn't intend on bringing charges against Trump because she "would find it disrespectful to the women who are down on the border who are being raped around the clock down there without any protection."

She will not file charges because the statute of limitations is 5yrs in NY and that has long since be expired.
      June 22, 2019 12:23 PM MDT

How many women have to accuse him?  HOW MANY?

• At least 24 women have accused President Donald Trump of sexual misconduct since the 1970s.
    • Renewed attention has been brought to the allegations amid the #MeToo movement and a national conversation concerning sexual misconduct.
    • Trump has repeatedly denied all of the accusations, calling the women "liars."
    • Most recently, columnist E. Jean Carroll accused President Donald Trump of sexually assaulting her in a Bergdorf Goodman dressing room the mid-1990s.
    • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

As a national conversation on sexual misconduct is gripping the country from Hollywood to Capitol Hill, some renewed attention has been focused on the sexual misconduct allegations that at least 23 women have made against Trump since the 1970s.

A deluge of women made their accusations public following the October 2016 release of the "Access Hollywood" tape, in which Trump was recorded boasting about grabbing women's genitals in 2005. Some others made their stories public months before the tape's release, and still others came forward in the months following.

Trump has dismissed all of the allegations — which include ogling, harassment, groping, and rape — as "fabricated" and politically motivated accounts pushed by the media and his political opponents, and promised to sue all of his accusers. In some cases, he and his lawyer have suggested that Trump didn't engage in the alleged behavior with a certain woman because she was not attractive enough.

"Every woman lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign," the Republican nominee said during a 2016 rally. "Total fabrication. The events never happened. Never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over."

The president said these "false allegations" against him were made by "women who got paid a lot of money to make up stories about me." And then alleged that the "mainstream media" refused to report on evidence that the accusations were made up.

Trump has not yet made good on his promise to sue any of the women — although two women have sued him - and the White House says that Trump's election proves the American people don't consider the allegations disqualifying.

"The people of this country, at a decisive election, supported President Trump, and we feel like these allegations have been answered through that process," White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters in December 2017, after several of the president's accusers appeared on national television to rehash their allegations.

But despite Trump's denials, 50% of voters — 59% of women and

WHy bother posting the rest. You won't read a thing....

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 22, 2019 7:39 PM MDT
      June 22, 2019 12:30 PM MDT

Allegation: an assertion unsupported and by implication regarded as unsupportable; the act of alleging something.

Allege: to assert without proof.

Accuse: to charge with a fault or offense.

Proof: the cogency of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind of a truth or a fact; something that induces certainty or establishes the validity.

With the above definitions in mind, you ask how many women have to accuse President Trump? Whether it's 24 or 124, accusations remain accusations until proof can be established.  What I find interesting is that little to nothing was heard about these allegations until Trump became President and again now when the campaigning has begun for 2020. How convenient. :)

June 22, 2019 3:41 PM MDT

I am only brining this woman up because there have been so many.  I think she is a tad weird and the fact that she just had to come out about this now is odd.

Weird timing.  Looks suspect.  I agree.  I mean if she is not going to show up in COURT she needs to SHUT IT.  
      June 23, 2019 12:49 AM MDT

• Not only that, the liberals would treat it as holy writ for about 15 minutes and after it's exposed as hogwash, they'll drop her like last week's magazines. It's the same nauseating cycle of rubbish over and over with these people.
      June 22, 2019 2:13 PM MDT

I'm not just a liberal, I am a progressive.  I think this is nutty of her.  So there.  I think she is a nutty woman who is not going to get her day in court because she doesn't WANNA?  What?  Then she needs to shut up.  Instead she writes a book and accuses and then hides?  

Her credibility went right out the window.  I do not DOUBT that this incident occurred.  It sounds exactly like his M.O. from other CREDIBLE women who are being represented by Professional Attorneys.  

This woman?  She smells like Denmark. There is something rotten about her tale.  I think she was acting like an airhead while being young and foolish and she let a predator take advantage of her, but they would rip her apart in court.  

June 23, 2019 12:52 AM MDT

Yup, but she had to get her dig of the spur in. :)
      June 22, 2019 3:43 PM MDT

I think it happened.  But she is going about telling the tale in the worst way possible.  Right before an election, looks suspect.  And money will be made by her for writing this book.  I doubt if anyone would have read her book if Trump was not mentioned.  
      June 23, 2019 12:55 AM MDT

It doesn't surprise me.

The television footage of Trump casually patting women inappropriately and his Tweets about those incidents show a lack of remorse and unawareness of what is so offensive about the behaviour.
    According to criminal psychologists, these attitudes and behaviours are typical of men who rape.
    I get the impression that he sees women as "other," as objects to be used.
    As a narcissist, it's likely that he sees all people as objects to be used, irrespective of their gender.

I wish would-be candidates for political office had to pass full background checks, thorough psychological testing, and a minimum three-year education in history, ethics, politics and law before qualifying to stand.
    But I think it could be fifty years before a widespread grassroots movement might demand changes by referendum -
    and given the way the planet is going with climate change - I think there will be widespread extinctions, overwhelming mass migrations of refugees and total breakdowns of technology and governments before then.

I do think Caroll's reasoning for not pressing charges is mistaken. The fact that other rapes occur without prosecutions elsewhere is no reason not to prosecute in an environment where it is possible. By that reasoning, rape would become a free-for-all for psychopaths everywhere.

This post was edited by inky at June 23, 2019 10:15 AM MDT
      June 22, 2019 3:27 PM MDT

Whether it's true or not, it appears the purpose of making this claim is to sell books. 
      June 22, 2019 6:31 PM MDT

Possible. It seems weird to publish a book about it yet not go for prosecution.

But then, many women don't press charges because of the horrors they must face in going through the legal system. Even when they are indeed the victim with very obvious evidence, the prosecution will do everything in its power to discredit them. While it's necessary in order to expose false accusations - the process has a profoundly destructive effect on the emotional well-being of honest people.

I'm inclined to believe her given that her friends remember what she told them at the time - but my belief is irrelevant.
      June 22, 2019 7:02 PM MDT

Jane, I am not sticking up for her.  I think there is something VERY OFF about her.  And I agree.  She is a hypocrite.  She wants to sell books and get her name in the papers but she doesn't want to be accountable.  

She says ????  That she doesn't want to insult women who have had a worse time with their sexual attacks.  SO WHAT LADY?  SO WHAT? This is not about just an attack. This is about the INTEGRITY OF OUR LEADER and what kind of person he is.  That is what she needs to STAND UP AND BE COUNTED FOR, not to just lurk in the background sounding like a wackjob that is brining up something from 20 years ago that she both says was HORRIFIC and NOT THAT BAD AND SHE SURVIVED all in the same breath.  

June 23, 2019 12:46 AM MDT

I'm confused: Joseph Biden isn't the president. 

June 22, 2019 10:34 PM MDT

I don't have to do a thing on here.  
      June 23, 2019 12:10 AM MDT