Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The spider web appears. It does not MOVE. The spider waits for willing victims (flies) to come to it. They do. Why?

The spider web appears. It does not MOVE. The spider waits for willing victims (flies) to come to it. They do. Why?

Is it due to ignorance, curiosity, hope for "better" that causes them to WILLINGLY end up in the web?

Of course you know what's coming next.

The web that the extremely stable genius sb prez wove/weaves/weaved is stationary. RIGID. IMMOBILE. Those who are caught up in it VOLUNTEERED. They were not coerced. They were seduced. Once there in that web they are STUCK.

Millions are stuck and the bigly spider has his way with them. Willing cooperative victims. Kinda puzzling.

Posted - June 23, 2019

Responses

Only... The flies are not "willing" victims. They stumble into the web without realising it's there or will trap them. It's an ambush.

Voters ARE willing because they read or hear the candidates' words and political histories and choose according to them and to their own political beliefs. 
      June 23, 2019 8:26 AM MDT

So flies are blind then Durdle? They are unable to see what lies ahead and so they "stumble" into the web? I did not know that. Do they fly by radar like bats? Are the fine threads of a spider web too slim to picked up on radar? I shall ask. Thank you for your reply. Precisely. The extremely stable genius sb prez was not unknown. They new he was a womanizer/liar/bad businessman/huge ego braggart and that's what they wanted and that's what they got except he so exceeded their expections. I'm gonna ask about that too. Happy Sunday to you! :)
      June 23, 2019 9:13 AM MDT

Many fly species actually have good eye-sight, and very rapidly-acting sight at that. They do not use "radar" - but neither do bats, who augment sight by echo-location.

I have noticed it tends not to be the larger insects like bluebottles that are caught, but much smaller flies; so perhaps their eyesight is much less sensitive. Anyway, I don't suppose the flies really know the threads are dangerous!

Spiders' threads are very thin, so might not be visible against the background until too late. They may also be too thin to reflect bats' calls, as well: I could probably work that possibility out but would need to find the relevant figures. 

'
    As for your beloved President, I understand you had only two candidates and neither were particularly impressive, so perhaps people voted partly on their own dogma and partly on "least-worse".  I know he was particularly popular in former industrial States, for promising high employment again. I don't know how well he has performed on that, but I can understand why that promise would appeal.

I discovered recently that "America First" was not his own slogan either, but first used by highly-isolationist US politicians in the 1930s and 40. I understand that included keeping America out of World War Two. I'm not sure if Mr. Trump knows that.....
      June 23, 2019 9:37 AM MDT